Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Were the Apostles acrting like Kenneth Hagin claims?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by james View Post

I have to ask hemi, why did you post this video, your giving "drunks" a bad name.

IN HINN,
    james
    It's been a favorite for YEARS here with the "Pentehostiles"

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Carabbio View Post
      Its good to resort to name calling and ad hominem when you can't support your view with scripture. Right?

The fact of the matter is once you were shown your abuse of scripture, you resorted to your old tactics of, it's only theology, calling people names, and avoiding what scripture actually says.

Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
      Galatians 5:19*-‬23 KJV
      ---> Insert your denial here. <---

Comment

Originally posted by Tallen View Post

Its good to resort to name calling and ad hominem when you can't support your view with scripture. Right?

The fact of the matter is once you were shown your abuse of scripture, you resorted to your old tactics of, it's only theology, calling people names, and avoiding what scripture actually says.

Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
        Galatians 5:19*-‬23 KJV
        All you ever "showed" me was your INTERPRETATIONS of scripture, which sometimes made good sense, and other times didn't. You obviously are totally against any sort of "joyous expressions" in the context of a church service. I'm not.

Do you think cheering at a sports event is SINFUL ?? Then why not Cheer for GOD, who actually did something SIGNIFICANT in your life?? I don't happen to be wired that way, but other people ARE. They don't judge me, and I certainly don't judge them.

ANd over the years you have DEFINITLY DEMONSTRATED that you are a "Pentehostile", so it's not an "Ad-hom" - just the statement of an obvious FACT.

Comment

Originally posted by Hemi View Post

I don't care what you knew Bob. The Hagin video of his congregation is sacrilege, and causes the Church to be blasphemed. The Holy Spirit doesn't cause people to lose control of be drunk. He causes sober mindedness, righteousness, self control.

[LEFT][COLOR=#252C2F][FONT=Helvetica]

I worship in Spirit and in truth. Not in uncontrollable and unorganized chaos that is nothing but cult followers allowing themselves to lose control.

Simple as that.
          Luke 19:37-40

37 When he came near the place where the road goes down the Mount of Olives, the whole crowd of disciples began joyfully to praise God in loud voices for all the miracles they had seen:

38 "Blessed is the king who comes in the name of the Lord!" "Peace in heaven and glory in the highest!"

39 Some of the Pharisees in the crowd said to Jesus, "Teacher, rebuke your disciples!"

40 "I tell you," he replied, "if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out."
          NIV

I, for one, do not want rocks taking my place.

I've been to denominational churches. They act like normal rocks.
          Allen (Unless noted otherwise, Bible quotations are from the 1984 edition of the NIV)

Faith--Sees the invisible, believes the incredible, and receives the impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by AlFin View Post

37 When he came near the place where the road goes down the Mount of Olives, the whole crowd of disciples began joyfully to praise God in loud voices for all the miracles they had seen:

38 "Blessed is the king who comes in the name of the Lord!" "Peace in heaven and glory in the highest!"

39 Some of the Pharisees in the crowd said to Jesus, "Teacher, rebuke your disciples!"

NIV

Let's see..., read that very closely..., no one was falling down drunk and acting foolish.

Yep, read it again. Doesn't describe what Hagin and friends were doing. And Christ didn't say the rocks would do that either. Joy does not equal drunk..., in any way.

Next.

Comment

G5479

Original: χαρά

Transliteration: chara

Phonetic: khar-ah'

Thayer Definition:
              1. joy, gladness
                1. the joy received from you
                2. the cause or occasion of joy
                  1. of persons who are one's joy
              Origin: from G5463

TDNT entry: 14:59,1

Part(s) of speech: Noun Feminine

Strong's Definition: From G5463; cheerfulness, that is, calm delight: - gladness, X greatly, (X be exceeding) joy (-ful, -fully, -fulness, -ous).

Comment

Originally posted by AlFin View Post

NIV

What does that have to do with the OP or anything else in this thread?

Kenneth Hagin, like ALL other WoF preacher's I've seen, bring all the attention to themselves, and NOT to Christ. That hypocrite walked lied and said the Disciples acted like drunks on the day of Pentecost, then proceeded to begin laughing like a drunk fool. He then proceeded to use his cult like power over his congregation and they began acting like him. No self control, no reverence for God, no respect for the Holy Sprit, all falling down laughing foolishly.

Nothing in the New Testament Churches was Ever recorded to be anything like that. The Only thing resembling such selfish confusion in the assembly was when Paul had to rebuke the Church at Corinth for touting their gifts and speaking in languages no one in the congregation understood. He told them, take turns and if no one could interpret, to shut up. And he finally told them do all things decently and in order.

Show me where the Comforter, the Holy Spirit who brought all knowledge, causes people to lose control and act like drunks. The Holy Spirit told us the gospel contains instructions on self control, holiness and reverence to God and not that blasphemous circus act Hagin and his cult followers did in that disgusting video.

Comment

So what? I've seen the video many times over the years and so have you. We've also seen the video of copeland and others howling like dogs etc. How is acting like that glorify God? If you read the text at Acts 2:13 it says, But others were mocking and saying, "They are full of sweet wine." So why is hagin and his crew taking the side of the "mockers" and acting out this ungodly behavior in the first place?

In fact, the Apostle Peter was angry and had to "rasie" his voice (vs14-15) explaining that this is what God said would happen through Joel the prophet. And btw, they were not speaking "gibberish" tongues but languages that others understood according to vs8. One more thing, I'm not against Pentecostals but rather against wof heretical and hostile teachings that go against the Bible. I know, now it's your turn to tell me, "well that's your interpretation."

IN HINN,
                  james

Comment

All you ever "showed" me was your INTERPRETATIONS of scripture,
                    Well here's scripture that Paul wrote and interpreted for us.

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.

See, Paul interpreted it for us, no interpretation from you or any of us necessary. So where in there is no self control, or a "drunk in the Spirit" or a "laughing uncontrollably" or any of that we see in the video? Where does the Bible say the Holy Spirit causes people to lose control or act like a drunk?

which sometimes made good sense, and other times didn't. You obviously are totally against any sort of "joyous expressions" in the context of a church service. I'm not.
                    That's not joyous expressions in the Hagin video. That's foolishness and blasphemous behavior against the Holy Spirit who teaches self control and NOT a lack of it, and who commanded soberness and NOT drunkenness. He does not contradict Himself the way the Hagin cult did in the video.
                    Do you think cheering at a sports event is SINFUL ?? Then why not Cheer for GOD, who actually did something SIGNIFICANT in your life?? I don't happen to be wired that way, but other people ARE. They don't judge me, and I certainly don't judge them.
                    Again, it's ridiculous to compare the assembly of the Church to a football game. But that attitude explains how folks like Hagin can lead people into such foolishness as the video shows.
                    ANd over the years you have DEFINITLY DEMONSTRATED that you are a "Pentehostile", so it's not an "Ad-hom" - just the statement of an obvious FACT.
                    I am. Pentecostals have done great damage to the Church. they have lead a lot of people down a path to destruction. They have people following moon eclipses, astroids, constellations, wars, and an almost worship of the state of Israel and a longing for a man made third temple which if the Jews build a temple it will be nothing but an abomination to God and His True Temple.

The Church assembles to edify and build each other up, worship and sing praises to God, Pray to Him, remember His son and eat the Lord's Supper together until He comes.

Nowhere in the New Testament are we told to assemble and act like drunks, make it about ourselves, confuse those on the outside with pagan looking rituals the Apsotles and the Church never took part in and tongues that have no nationality or cultural home. Never were we told to buy trinkets and prayer shawls, and mix the Old Law rituals and ordinances that has been nailed to the cross, in with the New Law of Christ who is the Lord and was the one the Law was meant to get everyone ready for. Pentecostals are celebrating "Jubilees" and Fest of Tabernacles, an teaching generation curses and all kinds of nonsense about how there are still two Covenants and the Church of His Son is Not the Israel of God. .

There are many scriptural reasons to be Pentehostile.

Comment

So what? I've seen the video many times over the years and so have you. We've also seen the video of copeland and others howling like dogs etc. How is acting like that glorify God? If you read the text at Acts 2:13 it says, But others were mocking and saying, "They are full of sweet wine." So why is hagin and his crew taking the side of the "mockers" and acting out this ungodly behavior in the first place?
                      That's an excellent point. Why would anyone want to be on the side of the mockers? Well we know Kenneth Hagin did because that's what he used as the reason to act like a drunken fool. Why would Hagin not want to inform the people in his congregation of Peter's sermon which actually gave knowledge and instruction from the Holy Spirit and taught them what they needed to do to be saved from their sins?

But no, Kenneth Hagin started and stopped at one verse and literally told a lie and said "Because they were acting like drunks"...then he begins his stupid and silly laughing.

Comment

In fact, the Apostle Peter was angry and had to "rasie" his voice (vs14-15) explaining that this is what God said would happen through Joel the prophet. And btw, they were not speaking "gibberish" tongues but languages that others understood according to vs8. One more thing, I'm not against Pentecostals but rather against wof heretical and hostile teachings that go against the Bible. I know, now it's your turn to tell me, "well that's your interpretation."

IN HINN,
                        james

Here's so what, Jamesie....Because it's a video...and you only need the mere seconds on it to ascertain that Hagin was a loser...it serves to confirm your pre-existing conclusions based entirely on sight, prejudice and hearsay, and your own deliberate lack of experience.

No video serves to "prove" anything unless you can tell me what happened next. If I judge Paul because I saw a video of him falling down ion the road to Damascus, I'd be proud of my judgment...because I'm always right. And those who know Paul would wonder at how I had become such a fool.

Simple as that.
                        Pete

~(8-[)}<><===> (flames of new anointing, béret, non-prescription glasses to help critics and their ilk feel more secure, mustache, beard...and tie.) I serve a God who walked this earth for thirty years before He did a single miracle.

Comment

There are many scriptural reasons to be Pentehostile.
                          SO make sure you do it to the best of your ability!!!!

Your Interpretations have never given me the SLIGHTEST REASON to doubt my course, and so I'll simply continue on it (Since I've heard all your stuff over and over again for DECADES, as all Full Gospel folks have).

Comment

SO make sure you do it to the best of your ability!!!!
                            Oh I do. I always make sure there are scriptures to guide me.

Your Interpretations have never given me the SLIGHTEST REASON to doubt my course, and so I'll simply continue on it (Since I've heard all your stuff over and over again for DECADES, as all Full Gospel folks have).
                            Again, I'll give you Paul's interpretation so you'll have no excuse.

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.

See, Paul interpreted it for us, no interpretation from you or any of us necessary. So where in there is no self control, or a "drunk in the Spirit" or a "laughing uncontrollably" or any of that we see in the video? Where does the Bible say the Holy Spirit causes people to lose control or act like a drunk?

One thing I know is I won't have to stand before God and explain how I used an interpretation of my own and not what the Hoy Spirit told me in His word. Lot's of people have convinced themselves there are multiple ways to interpret God's word. No, there's not. Paul's word on what the fruit of the Spirit is and what it will look like are plain and simple and Paul Himself interpreted them for us. Simply brushing them off just to justify following a man like Hagin and those clowns in the audience who have zero self control, well, you can stand before God and explain why Hagin was more important than the Apostle Paul who was writing by inspiration of the Hoy Spirit.

Comment

Originally posted by tbeachhead View Post
                              No video serves to "prove" anything unless you can tell me what happened next.
                              We know what he did next..., we've had testamony from folks that were there. He went on and preached his nonsense and practice his lack of self-control. He continued spreading his error, exalting his own experiences and seeking the homage and veneration of those he hoodwicked.

Simple as that.

What makes you think he did otherwise?

Comment

Oh I do. I always make sure there are scriptures to guide me.

[LEFT][COLOR=#252C2F][FONT=Helvetica]

Again, I'll give you Paul's interpretation so you'll have no excuse.

One thing I know is I won't have to stand before God and explain how I used an interpretation of my own and not what the Hoy Spirit told me in His word. Lot's of people have convinced themselves there are multiple ways to interpret God's word. No, there's not. Paul's word on what the fruit of the Spirit is and what it will look like are plain and simple and Paul Himself interpreted them for us. Simply brushing them off just to justify following a man like Hagin and those clowns in the audience who have zero self control, well, you can stand before God and explain why Hagin was more important than the Apostle Paul who was writing by inspiration of the Hoy Spirit.
                                Standard Cessationist rhetoric. Sell it to the best of your ability!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X