wof and Jonah 3:10

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wof and Jonah 3:10

And God saw their works, that they turned from their evil way; and God repented of the evil, that he had said that he would do unto them; and he did it not.
    Jonah 3:10 KJV
    ---> Insert your denial here. <---

Yes!! Judgment is considered by unbelievers as "evil" to those that receive it.

Comment

Originally posted by GISMYS View Post
      Isaiah 45:7 King James Version (KJV)

7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

HE creates evil!

wow!

harry

Comment

Originally posted by harry View Post

7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

HE creates evil!

wow!

harry

Yes!! God's Judgment is considered by unbelievers as "evil" to those that receive it.

Comment

Yes!! God's Judgment is considered by unbelievers as "evil" to those that receive it.
          This country, the USA is just like Nineveh back then!

Do you see a mass amount of repentance taking place???

I don’t!!!

Things are getting worse all the time!

False teaching, rampant!!!

judgment is on the way!

harry

Comment

Matt 13:27-30

27 "The owner's servants came to him and said, 'Sir, didn't you sow good seed in your field? Where then did the weeds come from?'

28 "'An enemy did this,' he replied.

"The servants asked him, 'Do you want us to go and pull them up?'

29 "'No,' he answered, 'because while you are pulling the weeds, you may root up the wheat with them. 30 Let both grow together until the harvest. At that time I will tell the harvesters: First collect the weeds and tie them in bundles to be burned; then gather the wheat and bring it into my barn.'"
            NIV
            Allen (Unless noted otherwise, Bible quotations are from the 1984 edition of the NIV)

Faith--Sees the invisible, believes the incredible, and receives the impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by Tallen View Post
              he did it not.
              Until later when they reverted to their old ways.

Comment

Originally posted by harry View Post

HE creates evil!

wow!

harry
                Actually this doesn’t mean evil in the sense you are attempting to make it. No more than in the Greek, Jesus did not mean to hate your family. The Hebrew has much more meaning than an attempt to say God created evil. Simply that shows you don’t know the heart of the Father. A better definition is calamity on both verses. Strong’s Definitions

רַע raʻ, rah; from H7489; bad or (as noun) evil (natural or moral):—adversity, affliction, bad, calamity, displease(-ure), distress, evil((-favouredness), man, thing), +exceedingly, × great, grief(-vous), harm, heavy, hurt(-ful), ill (favoured), + mark, mischief(-vous), misery, naught(-ty), noisome, + not please, sad(-ly), sore, sorrow, trouble, vex, wicked(-ly, -ness, one), worse(-st), wretchedness, wrong. (Including feminine raaah; as adjective or noun.)

1 Cor 2:4 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power: 5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

Comment

Are you saying that the writer of Jonah should be considered an unbeliever for calling the judgement of YHWH evil? After all, it was the writer that said that "He repented of the evil that He said He would do to them."

Comment

Yes!!! Any day that a person comes under the judgment of God that person thinks a great "evil" has come upon his life ==who thinks judgment is a happy fun event??

Comment

Yes!!! Any day that a person comes under the judgment of God that person thinks a great "evil" has come upon his life ==who thinks judgment is a happy fun event??
                      Went over your head, again. 😉

Comment

Yes!! to the
                        writer of Jonah the judgement of YHWH he thought was not good but a great evil in his life =not good and not fun!!! Think!

Comment

Yes!! to the
                          writer of Jonah the judgement of YHWH he thought was not good but a great evil in his life =not good and not fun!!! Think!

Comment

Yes!! to the
                            After you said two more times..., it still went over your head. 😉

Comment

Originally posted by Mikey1967 View Post

Actually this doesn’t mean evil in the sense you are attempting to make it. No more than in the Greek, Jesus did not mean to hate your family. The Hebrew has much more meaning than an attempt to say God created evil. Simply that shows you don’t know the heart of the Father. A better definition is calamity on both verses. Strong’s Definitions

ר&#1, Get another463;ע raʻ, rah; from H7489; bad or (as noun) evil (natural or moral):—adversity, affliction, bad, calamity, displease(-ure), distress, evil((-favouredness), man, thing), +exceedingly, × great, grief(-vous), harm, heavy, hurt(-ful), ill (favoured), + mark, mischief(-vous), misery, naught(-ty), noisome, + not please, sad(-ly), sore, sorrow, trouble, vex, wicked(-ly, -ness, one), worse(-st), wretchedness, wrong. (Including feminine raaah; as adjective or noun.)

Oh yes, I hear this, get another translation then it will sound better.

By the way, in Micah chapter 7, he doesn’t mince words!

He doesn’t say trust is a must that’s for sure!

harry

Comment

Working...
                              X