wof and Isaiah 64:8

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wof and Isaiah 64:8

But now, O Lord , thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand.
    Isaiah 64:8 KJV
    ---> Insert your denial here. <---

Originally posted by Tallen View Post
    But now, O Lord , thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand.
    Rom 9:21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Carabbio View Post

Rom 9:21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?
      O house of Israel, cannot I do with you as this potter? saith the Lord . Behold, as the clay is in the potter's hand, so are ye in mine hand, O house of Israel.
      Jeremiah 18:6 KJV

Comment

O house of Israel, cannot I do with you as this potter? saith the Lord . Behold, as the clay is in the potter's hand, so are ye in mine hand, O house of Israel.
        Jeremiah 18:6 KJV
        Isa 1:4 Ah sinful nation, a people laden with iniquity, a seed of evildoers, children that are corrupters: they have forsaken the LORD, they have provoked the Holy One of Israel unto anger, they are gone away backward.
        5 Why should ye be stricken any more? ye will revolt more and more: the whole head is sick, and the whole heart faint.
        6 From the sole of the foot even unto the head there is no soundness in it; but wounds, and bruises, and putrifying sores: they have not been closed, neither bound up, neither mollified with ointment.
        7 Your country is desolate, your cities are burned with fire: your land, strangers devour it in your presence, and it is desolate, as overthrown by strangers.

Derek Prince used to say that, in addition to Israel, this is also a picture of Jesus on the cross.

Comment

Isa 1:4 Ah sinful nation, a people laden with iniquity, a seed of evildoers, children that are corrupters: they have forsaken the LORD, they have provoked the Holy One of Israel unto anger, they are gone away backward.
          5 Why should ye be stricken any more? ye will revolt more and more: the whole head is sick, and the whole heart faint.
          6 From the sole of the foot even unto the head there is no soundness in it; but wounds, and bruises, and putrifying sores: they have not been closed, neither bound up, neither mollified with ointment.
          7 Your country is desolate, your cities are burned with fire: your land, strangers devour it in your presence, and it is desolate, as overthrown by strangers.

Derek Prince used to say that, in addition to Israel, this is also a picture of Jesus on the cross.
          For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this.
          Isaiah 9:6-‬7 KJV

Tallen says, this is a picture of Jesus in His Kingdom.

Comment

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this.
            Isaiah 9:6-‬7 KJV

Tallen says, this is a picture of Jesus in His Kingdom.
            Works for me.

Comment

Works for me.
              Works reguardless of anyone. 😉

Comment

Tallen, thank you for posting this. We are told to test ourselves to see if we are in the faith. If we checked that line by line, in the lyrics,..I wonder...if we might be surprised by our pride rather than yielding to Him or truly living for our God and following Him? Verse 4 would be a very telling awakening if many were honest deep in our hearts.
                  1. Have Thine own way, Lord! Have Thine own way!
                    Thou art the Potter, I am the clay.
                    Mold me and make me after Thy will,
                    While I am waiting, yielded and still.
                  2. Have Thine own way, Lord! Have Thine own way!
                    Search me and try me, Master, today!
                    Whiter than snow, Lord, wash me just now,
                    As in Thy presence humbly I bow.
                  3. Have Thine own way, Lord! Have Thine own way!
                    Wounded and weary, help me, I pray!
                    Power, all power, surely is Thine!
                    Touch me and heal me, Savior divine.
                  4. Have Thine own way, Lord! Have Thine own way!
                    Hold o’er my being absolute sway!
                    Fill with Thy Spirit till all shall see
                    Christ only, always, living in me.

Romans 1:17, For in the gospel a righteousness from God is revealed, a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written:"The righteous will live by faith.

Comment

Originally posted by Beloved View Post

Tallen, thank you for posting this. We are told to test ourselves to see if we are in the faith. If we checked that line by line, in the lyrics,..I wonder...if we might be surprised by our pride rather than yielding to Him or truly living for our God and following Him? Verse 4 would be a very telling awakening if many were honest deep in our hearts.
                    1. Have Thine own way, Lord! Have Thine own way!
                      Thou art the Potter, I am the clay.
                      Mold me and make me after Thy will,
                      While I am waiting, yielded and still.
                    2. Have Thine own way, Lord! Have Thine own way!
                      Search me and try me, Master, today!
                      Whiter than snow, Lord, wash me just now,
                      As in Thy presence humbly I bow.
                    3. Have Thine own way, Lord! Have Thine own way!
                      Wounded and weary, help me, I pray!
                      Power, all power, surely is Thine!
                      Touch me and heal me, Savior divine.
                    4. Have Thine own way, Lord! Have Thine own way!
                      Hold o’er my being absolute sway!
                      Fill with Thy Spirit till all shall see
                      Christ only, always, living in me.

Good post.

Comment

The precious sons of Zion, comparable to fine gold, how are they esteemed as earthen pitchers, the work of the hands of the potter!
                    Lamentations 4:2 KJV

Comment

25I will also sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean. I will cleanse you from all your impurities and all your idols. 26I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you: I will remove your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. 27And I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes and to carefully observe My ordinances.…
                      Pete

~(8-[)}<><===> (flames of new anointing, béret, non-prescription glasses to help critics and their ilk feel more secure, mustache, beard...and tie.) I serve a God who walked this earth for thirty years before He did a single miracle.

Comment

Working...
                      X