Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any evidence for Noah's flood?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • There was no moon.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Timtofly View Post
      There was no moon.
      Dream on. Dream on. Do you have any evidence to support your claim, given the fact that the universe is billions of years old and our aborigines arrived here over 50,000 years ago and long before the grandmothers of the Adams in Gen 4 & 5 were girls?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by juglans1 View Post
        So what is your evidence that most of Noah's family didn't drown in that particular flood, given that Gen 5:26-32 says they did?
        Or don't you believe what the bible actually says?
        Like you, I do not have any evidence concerning whether or not most of Noah's family did or did not drown in the flood. All I know is that Noah had 3 sons when he was 500 years old. Gen 5:32 Noah's wife, those 3 sons and their wives were the ONLY people saved from the flood. I believe what the Bible actually says and am still waiting on chapter and verse on your made up idea that ALL of Noah's family except his sons, dying in the flood. Waiting...but I won't hold my breath.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Timtofly View Post
          Adam and Eve had Cain and Abel 130 years before Seth was born.
          Not Scriptural since Genesis 5:1-2 shows that Adam and Eve were born again Spiritually by God the Trinity after Cain killed Abel. After A&E had been born again, it was 130 years until Seth was born to REPLACE the slain Abel. Gen 4:25

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Aman777 View Post

            Not Scriptural since Genesis 5:1-2 shows that Adam and Eve were born again Spiritually by God the Trinity after Cain killed Abel. After A&E had been born again, it was 130 years until Seth was born to REPLACE the slain Abel. Gen 4:25
            What do you mean by "born again"? Other than birthing Seth, Adam and Eve exited stage. They were secular humans amidst the sons of God. Cain was a son of God born before the fall and banishment from the Garden. My guess is Adam and Eve left Cain and Abel in the Garden because they were old enough to thrive on their own, until Cain killed Abel, and then Cain was banished. Cain had a seperate genealogy list from Seth. If Cain's male offspring married Seth's females offspring, the genealogy would still read about the same. Going by the father's name, not the mother's. But the Hebrews track back through the mother's genealogy as much as they do their fathers genealogy.


            My 130y is from the banishment. Adam did not have "age" in the Garden. I suppose they could have kept track of time, so perhaps 100 years in the Garden, and then 30 years later they had Seth. Nor do I see Cain and Abel as being left alone less than 100 yoa.

            Humans started to keep track of ages, because the body lost ability to keep regenerated. After the Flood, age was reduced to 120 years. So 130 years after leaving the Garden was when Adam and Eve started their human family. When that changed to 120, humans had to have children earlier, since time was no longer a luxury.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Aman777 View Post

              Like you, I do not have any evidence concerning whether or not most of Noah's family did or did not drown in the flood. All I know is that Noah had 3 sons when he was 500 years old. Gen 5:32 Noah's wife, those 3 sons and their wives were the ONLY people saved from the flood. I believe what the Bible actually says and am still waiting on chapter and verse on your made up idea that ALL of Noah's family except his sons, dying in the flood. Waiting...but I won't hold my breath.
              IOW the bible says that most of Noah's family were drowned in that particular flood, including his grandparents and widowed mother and his aunts & uncles & cousins and his brothers & sisters and Noah's hundreds of other children & grandchildren born before and after Mrs Noah gave birth to triplets at aged 500 "years" old (Gen 5:26-32). Or so the story goes.

              Or do you believe that no one drowned in that particular flood since it was only 15 cubits high and why it had no effect on a nearby olive tree, nor on kangaroos & sloths nor on our aborigines who arrived here over 50,000 years ago and long before Adam's grandmother was a girl?

              Last edited by juglans1; 05-09-19, 10:39 PM.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Timtofly View Post

                What do you mean by "born again"? Other than birthing Seth, Adam and Eve exited stage. They were secular humans amidst the sons of God.
                Who were the "sons of God" and were they also at the meeting of gods and goddesses when they discussed creating a male person in the image and likeness of the male creator god and creating a female person in the image and likeness of a goddess (Gen 1:26-27)? Or so the story goes.
                And were the "sons of God" also drowned along with most of Noah's family?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by juglans1 View Post
                  Who were the "sons of God" and were they also at the meeting of gods and goddesses when they discussed creating a male person in the image and likeness of the male creator god and creating a female person in the image and likeness of a goddess (Gen 1:26-27)? Or so the story goes.
                  And were the "sons of God" also drowned along with most of Noah's family?
                  Adam and Jesus are sons of God. One created, one begotten.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Timtofly View Post

                    Adam and Jesus are sons of God. One created, one begotten.
                    Wrong. David was his god's begotten son (Psalm 2:7) even though David was an adulterous murderer who said that Jonathon's love was more wonderful than with any of his wives (2Sam 1:26).

                    Comment


                    • How did that work out for David so far?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Timtofly View Post
                        How did that work out for David so far?
                        At least he didn't unsuccessfully ask for help from his god, nor was he executed for sedition and claiming to have an inherited right to be the Jewish king.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Keith C View Post
                          This study seems to find no evidence for Noah's flood.
                          God's intervention in this world never leaves direct evidence. That would negate faith.
                          God honors Faith, not hard evidence.
                          - Do for others as you would want them to do for you: this is the foundation of the Law of Moses and of the teachings of the prophets. -

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by juglans1 View Post
                            At least he didn't unsuccessfully ask for help from his god, nor was he executed for sedition and claiming to have an inherited right to be the Jewish king.
                            History is funny like that. They needed a saviour, but got a king. Then they needed a king, and got a saviour.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Timtofly View Post

                              History is funny like that. They needed a saviour, but got a king. Then they needed a king, and got a saviour.
                              So what sort of saviour is that if he couldn't even save himself from being executed for sedition and claiming to be the Jewish king?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by juglans1 View Post
                                So what sort of saviour is that if he couldn't even save himself from being executed for sedition and claiming to be the Jewish king?
                                No one has greater love than a person who lays down his life for his friends.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X