X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• juglans1
    replied
    Originally posted by Timtofly View Post

Adam and Jesus are sons of God. One created, one begotten.
    Wrong. David was his god's begotten son (Psalm 2:7) even though David was an adulterous murderer who said that Jonathon's love was more wonderful than with any of his wives (2Sam 1:26).

Leave a comment:

• Timtofly
    replied
    Originally posted by juglans1 View Post
    Who were the "sons of God" and were they also at the meeting of gods and goddesses when they discussed creating a male person in the image and likeness of the male creator god and creating a female person in the image and likeness of a goddess (Gen 1:26-27)? Or so the story goes.
    And were the "sons of God" also drowned along with most of Noah's family?
    Adam and Jesus are sons of God. One created, one begotten.

Leave a comment:

• juglans1
    replied

What do you mean by "born again"? Other than birthing Seth, Adam and Eve exited stage. They were secular humans amidst the sons of God.
    Who were the "sons of God" and were they also at the meeting of gods and goddesses when they discussed creating a male person in the image and likeness of the male creator god and creating a female person in the image and likeness of a goddess (Gen 1:26-27)? Or so the story goes.
    And were the "sons of God" also drowned along with most of Noah's family?

Leave a comment:

• juglans1
    replied
    Originally posted by Aman777 View Post

Like you, I do not have any evidence concerning whether or not most of Noah's family did or did not drown in the flood. All I know is that Noah had 3 sons when he was 500 years old. Gen 5:32 Noah's wife, those 3 sons and their wives were the ONLY people saved from the flood. I believe what the Bible actually says and am still waiting on chapter and verse on your made up idea that ALL of Noah's family except his sons, dying in the flood. Waiting...but I won't hold my breath.
    IOW the bible says that most of Noah's family were drowned in that particular flood, including his grandparents and widowed mother and his aunts & uncles & cousins and his brothers & sisters and Noah's hundreds of other children & grandchildren born before and after Mrs Noah gave birth to triplets at aged 500 "years" old (Gen 5:26-32). Or so the story goes.

Or do you believe that no one drowned in that particular flood since it was only 15 cubits high and why it had no effect on a nearby olive tree, nor on kangaroos & sloths nor on our aborigines who arrived here over 50,000 years ago and long before Adam's grandmother was a girl?

Last edited by juglans1; 05-09-19, 10:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Timtofly
    replied
    Originally posted by Aman777 View Post

Not Scriptural since Genesis 5:1-2 shows that Adam and Eve were born again Spiritually by God the Trinity after Cain killed Abel. After A&E had been born again, it was 130 years until Seth was born to REPLACE the slain Abel. Gen 4:25
    What do you mean by "born again"? Other than birthing Seth, Adam and Eve exited stage. They were secular humans amidst the sons of God. Cain was a son of God born before the fall and banishment from the Garden. My guess is Adam and Eve left Cain and Abel in the Garden because they were old enough to thrive on their own, until Cain killed Abel, and then Cain was banished. Cain had a seperate genealogy list from Seth. If Cain's male offspring married Seth's females offspring, the genealogy would still read about the same. Going by the father's name, not the mother's. But the Hebrews track back through the mother's genealogy as much as they do their fathers genealogy.

My 130y is from the banishment. Adam did not have "age" in the Garden. I suppose they could have kept track of time, so perhaps 100 years in the Garden, and then 30 years later they had Seth. Nor do I see Cain and Abel as being left alone less than 100 yoa.

Humans started to keep track of ages, because the body lost ability to keep regenerated. After the Flood, age was reduced to 120 years. So 130 years after leaving the Garden was when Adam and Eve started their human family. When that changed to 120, humans had to have children earlier, since time was no longer a luxury.

Leave a comment:

• Aman777
    replied
    Adam and Eve had Cain and Abel 130 years before Seth was born.
    Not Scriptural since Genesis 5:1-2 shows that Adam and Eve were born again Spiritually by God the Trinity after Cain killed Abel. After A&E had been born again, it was 130 years until Seth was born to REPLACE the slain Abel. Gen 4:25

Leave a comment:

• Aman777
    replied
    Originally posted by juglans1 View Post
    So what is your evidence that most of Noah's family didn't drown in that particular flood, given that Gen 5:26-32 says they did?
    Or don't you believe what the bible actually says?
    Like you, I do not have any evidence concerning whether or not most of Noah's family did or did not drown in the flood. All I know is that Noah had 3 sons when he was 500 years old. Gen 5:32 Noah's wife, those 3 sons and their wives were the ONLY people saved from the flood. I believe what the Bible actually says and am still waiting on chapter and verse on your made up idea that ALL of Noah's family except his sons, dying in the flood. Waiting...but I won't hold my breath.

Leave a comment:

• juglans1
    replied
    There was no moon.
    Dream on. Dream on. Do you have any evidence to support your claim, given the fact that the universe is billions of years old and our aborigines arrived here over 50,000 years ago and long before the grandmothers of the Adams in Gen 4 & 5 were girls?

Leave a comment:

• Timtofly
    replied
    There was no moon.

Leave a comment:

• juglans1
    replied
    Wrong. That's a totally different story, although the genealogy in Gen 4 is also part of the Gen 5 genealogy with minor differences in order and spelling, Therefore Cain=Cainan, Enoch=Enoch, Irad=Jared, Mehujael=Mahalaleel, Methusael=Methuselah, Lamech=Lamech. Thus the Adam (first man) in the Gen 4 genealogy is the grandson of the Adam in the Gen 5 genealogy.

And the "years" listed in the Gen 5 genealogy are obviously more easily observed lunar cycles of ~29 days and not solar cycles of 365 days. Thus Adam and his genetically identical partner (also named Adam) first became pregnant at aged ~12 years old and not an absurd 130 "years" old (Gen 5:1-3), And Methusael/Methuselah was drowned at aged ~80 years old and not a silly 969 "years" old, and Mrs Noah gave birth to triplets at aged ~40 years old and not a ridiculous 500 "years" old.

Leave a comment:

• Timtofly
    replied

Leave a comment:

• juglans1
    replied
    400 year old virgin? In the middle of a free sex age, it is not unheard of to have males, especially the only righteous male in the group to abstain from free sex.
    Is that why it took Adam and his genetically identical partner (also named Adam) 130 years to first become pregnant Gen 5:1-3)? And was it because it took them 130 years to work out which bits went where, or was it because they couldn't work out who was Arthur and who was Martha?

Leave a comment:

• Timtofly
    replied
    400 year old virgin? In the middle of a free sex age, it is not unheard of to have males, especially the only righteous male in the group to abstain from free sex.

Leave a comment:

• juglans1
    replied
    Assuming that the only people related were named in the Bible, had already died. Noah did not have to have any other children. That is just an assumption to make a point, that otherwise cannot be made.

The point is not that Noah's relatives were in the wrong. It was the sons of God who married Noah's relatives. We are not saying that some of his relatives were not killed. The point is you are declaring who died without any proof.
    IOW, the bible says that most of Noah's family were drowned, including his grandparents and widowed mother and his aunts & uncles & cousins and his siblings and his hundreds of other children & grandchildren (Gen 5:26-32).

Noah did not have to have any other children.
    Are you claiming that Noah and Mrs Noah only had sex once in their lifetimes to celebrate their 500th birthdays when Mrs Noah became pregnant with triplets? If so, what did they do before and after the triplets were conceived, and did they just play tiddly winks or did they just watch TV?

Leave a comment:

• Timtofly
    replied
    Assuming that the only people related were named in the Bible, had already died. Noah did not have to have any other children. That is just an assumption to make a point, that otherwise cannot be made.

The point is not that Noah's relatives were in the wrong. It was the sons of God who married Noah's relatives. We are not saying that some of his relatives were not killed. The point is you are declaring who died without any proof.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X