Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Signs of the Zodiac, what do they mean?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Signs of the Zodiac, what do they mean?

    This has always been very interesting to me. And, I believe these signs originated from God. That their origin is from God and that they have the Gospel of the Redeemer written in them.

    Quantrill

  • #2
    Originally posted by Quantrill View Post
    and that they have the Gospel of the Redeemer written in them.
    Where??

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Quantrill View Post
      This has always been very interesting to me. And, I believe these signs originated from God. That their origin is from God and that they have the Gospel of the Redeemer written in them.

      Quantrill
      The Bible does not indicate any hidden meanings for the constellations. The Bible says that the stars, the moon, and our host star (the sun) are provided as a seasonal clock ( Genesis 1:14, Job 38:2, for example). It also says that God made them and names them ( Psalm 8:3 , Psalm 147:4). The stars were also used by God to indicate to Abraham the innumerable offspring he will have ( Genesis 15:5 ).

      I like the got questions answer concerning the "star of Bethlehem":

      " ... there is evidence to suggest that the star of Bethlehem was not a natural stellar phenomenon, but something unexplained by science. First, the fact that the star of Bethlehem seemed to appear only to the magi indicates that this was no ordinary star. Also, celestial bodies normally move from east to west due to the earth’s rotation, yet the star of Bethlehem led the magi from Jerusalem south to Bethlehem. Not only that, but it led them directly to the place where Joseph and Mary were staying, stopping overhead. There is no natural stellar phenomenon that can do that. "

      Astrology is another matter entirely. It is the false belief that groups of stars can and do influence human destiny. Biblically we know that God's prophet Daniel put them to shame (Daniel 2:27 ), and they will burned as stubble ( Isiah 47:13-14), and considered a form of "divination" and forbidden ( Deuteronomy 18:10-14 ).
      Last edited by inertia; 06-24-18, 01:14 AM.
      "The exact sciences also start from the assumption that in the end it will always be possible to understand nature, even in every new field of experience, but that we make no a priori assumptions about the meaning of the word "understand"."

      Heisenberg
      .....................

      "The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they reveal knowledge." ( Psalm 19:1-2 )

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Quantrill View Post
        This has always been very interesting to me.
        God's creation of heaven and the earth is very interesting to me, too...especially the heavens.

        Originally posted by Quantrill View Post
        And, I believe these signs originated from God...
        I believe that there is meaning in the heavens because each and every star and black holes, and planet, and nebula, every moon, asteroid, and yada-yada-yada.

        Originally posted by Quantrill View Post
        That their origin is from God...
        Yup. Creator.

        Originally posted by Quantrill View Post
        and that they have the Gospel of the Redeemer written in them.
        Quantrill
        Ah yes...the ol'-gospel-in-the-stars trick!




        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Bob Carabbio View Post

          Where??
          The 'where' would be in identifying the signs of the zodiac with the Gospel story.

          I believe this is a legitimate study as in (Job 38:32) God says, "Canst thou bring forth Mazzaroth in his season? or canst thou guide Arcturus with his sons? Mazzaroth is the Zodiac.

          Quantrill

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by inertia View Post

            The Bible does not indicate any hidden meanings for the constellations. The Bible says that the stars, the moon, and our host star (the sun) are provided as a seasonal clock ( Genesis 1:14, Job 38:2, for example). It also says that God made them and names them ( Psalm 8:3 , Psalm 147:4). The stars were also used by God to indicate to Abraham the innumerable offspring he will have ( Genesis 15:5 ).

            I like the got questions answer concerning the "star of Bethlehem":

            " ... there is evidence to suggest that the star of Bethlehem was not a natural stellar phenomenon, but something unexplained by science. First, the fact that the star of Bethlehem seemed to appear only to the magi indicates that this was no ordinary star. Also, celestial bodies normally move from east to west due to the earth’s rotation, yet the star of Bethlehem led the magi from Jerusalem south to Bethlehem. Not only that, but it led them directly to the place where Joseph and Mary were staying, stopping overhead. There is no natural stellar phenomenon that can do that. "

            Astrology is another matter entirely. It is the false belief that groups of stars can and do influence human destiny. Biblically we know that God's prophet Daniel put them to shame (Daniel 2:27 ), and they will burned as stubble ( Isiah 47:13-14), and considered a form of "divination" and forbidden ( Deuteronomy 18:10-14 ).
            The way the Zodiac is used by the world is astrology and condemned by God. But, that is the perversion of it. And, doesn't satan pervert everything God creates. Just look at the meaning of the Rainbow today and what they have done to it.

            And it is interesting the story of the wise men who followed Christ's star. These wise men were magi, men who studied the stars. How did a Gentile group of people understand enough of the coming Saviour to follow this star?

            Quantrill

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Quantrill View Post

              The way the Zodiac is used by the world is astrology and condemned by God. But, that is the perversion of it. And, doesn't satan pervert everything God creates. Just look at the meaning of the Rainbow today and what they have done to it.

              And it is interesting the story of the wise men who followed Christ's star. These wise men were magi, men who studied the stars. How did a Gentile group of people understand enough of the coming Saviour to follow this star?

              Quantrill
              How could the Magi know about a coming King through observing the night sky?

              In their day and culture, the Magi most likely were exposed to the teachings of Daniel who was chief of the court seers in Persia. They may have also heard what the pagan prophet Balaam said concerning “a star” and “a scepter” rising out of Jacob (Numbers 24:17 ).
              "The exact sciences also start from the assumption that in the end it will always be possible to understand nature, even in every new field of experience, but that we make no a priori assumptions about the meaning of the word "understand"."

              Heisenberg
              .....................

              "The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they reveal knowledge." ( Psalm 19:1-2 )

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Quantrill View Post
                This has always been very interesting to me. And, I believe these signs originated from God. That their origin is from God and that they have the Gospel of the Redeemer written in them.

                Quantrill
                Quick question: Is your avatar associated with Quantrill, the American Civil War pro-slavery guerrilla leader?
                "The exact sciences also start from the assumption that in the end it will always be possible to understand nature, even in every new field of experience, but that we make no a priori assumptions about the meaning of the word "understand"."

                Heisenberg
                .....................

                "The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they reveal knowledge." ( Psalm 19:1-2 )

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by inertia View Post

                  Quick question: Is your avatar associated with Quantrill, the American Civil War pro-slavery guerrilla leader?
                  The name is. Yes. The picture is just a picture.

                  Quantrill

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by inertia View Post

                    How could the Magi know about a coming King through observing the night sky?

                    In their day and culture, the Magi most likely were exposed to the teachings of Daniel who was chief of the court seers in Persia. They may have also heard what the pagan prophet Balaam said concerning “a star” and “a scepter” rising out of Jacob (Numbers 24:17 ).
                    Possible. But we are talking 6 to 7 hundred years apart. They were certainly 'magi' who studied the stars. And as a star led them to the Christ child, and as God did create the Zodiac, (Job 38:32) to accomplish something in its season, it seems to me it more probable that they were observing these signs of an ancient revelation from God.

                    Quantrill

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Quantrill View Post

                      Possible. But we are talking 6 to 7 hundred years apart. They were certainly 'magi' who studied the stars. And as a star led them to the Christ child, and as God did create the Zodiac, (Job 38:32) to accomplish something in its season, it seems to me it more probable that they were observing these signs of an ancient revelation from God.

                      Quantrill
                      What did the Zodiac look like for the dinosaurs 100 million years ago and what revelation did their god give them?
                      ... always look on the bright side of life - Idle Cleese

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by juglans1 View Post
                        What did the Zodiac look like for the dinosaurs 100 million years ago and what revelation did their god give them?
                        Why would dinosaurs need a revelation?

                        Quantrill

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Quantrill View Post

                          Why would dinosaurs need a revelation?

                          Quantrill
                          Why not, since they were around for a few million years, whereas Homo sapiens only evolved less than one million years ago, and the Zodiac appeared much different then and had different names.
                          ... always look on the bright side of life - Idle Cleese

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Quantrill View Post

                            The 'where' would be in identifying the signs of the zodiac with the Gospel story.

                            I believe this is a legitimate study as in (Job 38:32) God says, "Canst thou bring forth Mazzaroth in his season? or canst thou guide Arcturus with his sons? Mazzaroth is the Zodiac.

                            Quantrill
                            SO you have absolutely NO IDEA how the "Zodiac" relates to the Gospel at all (other wise you would have provided some insight into it).

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by juglans1 View Post
                              Why not, since they were around for a few million years, whereas Homo sapiens only evolved less than one million years ago, and the Zodiac appeared much different then and had different names.
                              Why would dinosaurs need a revelation?

                              Quantrill

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X