Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Is this Mars?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this Mars?

Hi everybody. I took some photos of what I thought was at first a star, but it looks more like a planet. I did a video for Youtube and it was concluded that it was Mars. I am baffled that I could get a picture of it with an ordinary camera when it's so far away, thirty-five million miles? And I also don't understand why, if it is Mars, it doesn't look anything like the space agency photos. The link to the video is here - https://youtu.be/hYLtsohTdlg

We were talking about the things I just mentioned and the comments were all deleted off by the moderator or someone. So please post your comments here and not on Youtube they are going nuts with censorship right now. If you have any problem getting the video please let me know and I'll put it somewhere else. Thanks, I really appreciate your feedback. - GW

Originally posted by Cafe Word View Post
    Hi everybody. I took some photos of what I thought was at first a star, but it looks more like a planet. I did a video for Youtube and it was concluded that it was Mars. I am baffled that I could get a picture of it with an ordinary camera when it's so far away, thirty-five million miles? And I also don't understand why, if it is Mars, it doesn't look anything like the space agency photos. The link to the video is here - https://youtu.be/hYLtsohTdlg

We were talking about the things I just mentioned and the comments were all deleted off by the moderator or someone. So please post your comments here and not on Youtube they are going nuts with censorship right now. If you have any problem getting the video please let me know and I'll put it somewhere else. Thanks, I really appreciate your feedback. - GW
    Thanks for sharing your video and welcome to CARM.

I believe it might be Mars. The 12x zoom does not increase resolution but a white "band" on the lower part of the spherical object is visible.

Interestingly, Mars' closest approach is on July 31st. You might want to get your camera out an take another video -if the sky permits good viewing- and make a comparison.

On July 20th, the moon's phase was in its first quarter, Mars, Saturn, and Jupiter were very bright objects in the sky, and observations of Mars' surface are obstructed by a current giant dust storm, but the south pole's carbon dioxide ice cap is still visible and I believe that I might be viewing it on your video since cameras usually produce an upright image.

Here is a video for a quick comparison: ( see frame 1.08 [ right image ] and compare it to your frame at 0.32 )

Last edited by inertia; 07-29-18, 07:01 PM.
    "The exact sciences also start from the assumption that in the end it will always be possible to understand nature, even in every new field of experience, but that we make no a priori assumptions about the meaning of the word "understand"."

Heisenberg

"The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they reveal knowledge." ( Psalm 19:1-2 )

Comment

Thanks for your response. I can see the white at the bottom but it also extends up the right side as well. Someone suggested that image might be the result of sound. I never heard of this before, but sound can make patterns. There is a photo of images that were made with piano notes on aloe vera gel. I could see the circular band around these that is similar to the ones in my photo. They brought out the point that God created the world with His voice, so these images and likewise the planets are the result of God's sound waves on creation. I think that's awesome. I still don't see the ring in the NASA images. I think they retouch everything on Photoshop to match the public's expectations of what the planet should look like. Here is a link to the gal who directed me to this science, she explains more on here video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Kg7_tx42Jk

Thanks again for your feedback. If it is Mars, then it's the result of God's sound waves. God bless.

Comment

P.S. Here is the link that explains about the sound images. What do you think? - https://vesica.org/vibrational-scien...cal-structures

Comment

Thanks for your response. I can see the white at the bottom but it also extends up the right side as well...snip..
          Okay. Here is a another photograph of Mars take from a small telescope: ( not from NASA )

Even here the carbon dioxide south pole is visible even though optical aberrations and a dust storm greatly affect surface resolution. It's clearly a blurry photograph. If your photograph is of Mars, a smaller diameter camera aperture using commercial-grade optics would provide an image with even less resolution.

...<snip>..Someone suggested that image might be the result of sound. I never heard of this before, but sound can make patterns. There is a photo of images that were made with piano notes on aloe vera gel. I could see the circular band around these that is similar to the ones in my photo...<snip>..
          It's true that sound waves travel in air. When supersonic aircraft such as the SR-71 or a rocket travel at supersonic velocity, shock waves can be seen for miles around with an audible double bang. The optical aberrations seen in your video do not look like shock waves to me. Astigmatism and spherical aberration as well as atmospheric turbulence are a more likely source of poor image resolution.

...<snip>..They brought out the point that God created the world with His voice, so these images and likewise the planets are the result of God's sound waves on creation. I think that's awesome. I still don't see the ring in the NASA images...<snip>...
          Samuel heard the voice of God, but did not recognize it until he was instructed by Eli ( 1 Samuel 3:1-10)*. Believers hear His voice when spending time in Bible study and in contemplation of His Word. God is Spirit. (John 4:24 )

Any physical sound waves produced during God's creation of planets would have long dissipated.

About the ring:

If the image is one of Mars from your camera, the ring you are describing are likely due to optical aberrations.

NASA has access to space and land-based telescopes that have very large apertures and optics polished to a fraction of the wavelength of visible light, and some even have adaptive optics to correct for atmospheric turbulence to produce very, very high quality images.

...<snip>..I think they retouch everything on Photoshop to match the public's expectations of what the planet should look like...<snip>..
          You are right, but when they retouch, they inform everyone. Professionalism is required.

...<snip>..Here is a link to the gal who directed me to this science, she explains more on here video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Kg7_tx42Jk

Thanks again for your feedback. If it is Mars, then it's the result of God's sound waves. God bless.
          About the video:

I'm wondering how one can quantify "the power of intention" with physical harmonics?

May God bless you too, Cafe Word.

* see got questions org
          Last edited by inertia; 07-31-18, 12:09 AM.
          "The exact sciences also start from the assumption that in the end it will always be possible to understand nature, even in every new field of experience, but that we make no a priori assumptions about the meaning of the word "understand"."

Heisenberg

"The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they reveal knowledge." ( Psalm 19:1-2 )

Comment

Hi , thanks for getting back to me. I can ses in the photo two similar indentations as are in my photo, it probably is Mars. I am still astounded that my little camera got such a great image on an object that's supposed to be thirty million miles away when the lens blurs out when I'm zooming in too far on a landscape. Thanks again. - CW

Comment

From what I've heard one the news, this month Mars' orbit is close to the Earth.
              Allen (Unless noted otherwise, Bible quotations are from the 1984 edition of the NIV)

Faith--Sees the invisible, believes the incredible, and receives the impossible.

Comment

P.S. Here is the link that explains about the sound images. What do you think? - https://vesica.org/vibrational-scien...cal-structures
                You might like this:

https://www.facebook.com/WisdomAndWo...gwMzAyODc1MTk/

Heisenberg

Comment

Thank you. It's interesting. We are all made up of frequencies, I learned. They are also developing frequency weapons, which is scary. That 5g stuff isn't healthy for our frequencies either. They need to do more research before they roll this stuff out on us. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                  X