Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Discrimination Against Atheists

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Barrd View Post

"Septic skeptics"....
    I like that.

May I borrow it, from time to time?
    As occasion would have it that you come across one such as that, sure.

I have found many like that are quite offended if you say something to them, but not at all offended to offend you, like you are not sharp, worship an orange messiah, how you are prejudiced and are a b1got, etc, etc, and another etc..

Its just crazy man. I've developed a working hypothesis about it.

People angry about God, or angry that others don't like God, like they don't like God......are either blinded to the many insults they dish out, or they actually think they do not insult. Its a work in progress hypothesis anyway.
    “An atheist has to know a lot more than I know. An atheist is someone who knows there is no God.”
    Carl Sagan

God is love.

Comment

• Originally posted by America View Post
      It's likely that I knew it before you did.

Have you cut yourself off from the possibility that the god of Islam is the One True God, and that Mohammad is His prophet?
      I actually have a copy of the Quran. I did not find God in it...just a lot of hatred.
      God Who was made flesh for me and nailed upon a lonely tree
      What gift can I bring that would suffice to repay such great sacrifice?
      All that I am I lay at Your throne. Make me, Lord, Your very Own.

Comment

• Originally posted by JamesTheLesser View Post

As occasion would have it that you come across one such as that, sure.

I have found many like that are quite offended if you say something to them, but not at all offended to offend you, like you are not sharp, worship an orange messiah, how you are prejudiced and are a b1got, etc, etc, and another etc..

Its just crazy man. I've developed a working hypothesis about it.

People angry about God, or angry that others don't like God, like they don't like God......are either blinded to the many insults they dish out, or they actually think they do not insult. Its a work in progress hypothesis anyway.
        What really amazes me is that CARM allows them to get away with it.

Comment

That is not true, Monkey. I'm not going back again to try to hunt up some old post...
          It's perfectly true. I linked you to the post half a dozen times, and you even quoted it twice without even trying to address its contents. It seems all you can do is evade and make excuses.

Originally posted by The Barrd View Post
          This is just a game to you, evidently.
          No, it's an attempt at reasonable discussion, which is apparently the last thing you're interested in.

For those who choose to read these silly forums...
          So you still don't know why you're here.
          "I'd rather have questions I cannot answer than answers I cannot question" – Tegmark

Comment

I am here because I am curious.
            No you're not. Curious people don't constantly avoid discussion. They engage in it.

Atheists who deliberately come into a Christian forum...there is something about that that makes my skin crawl.
            There's that prejudice again, raising its ugly head.

So, why are you here? There could be two reasons. Perhaps you really want to find out more about Christianity. Or perhaps you are here to argue...
            False dichotomy. Third option: We are here for reasoned discussion.
            "I'd rather have questions I cannot answer than answers I cannot question" – Tegmark

Comment

I have found many like that are quite offended if you say something to them, but not at all offended to offend you, like... how you are prejudiced and are a b1got, etc.
              FYI, the Barrd openly admitted to being prejudiced and big-oted towards atheists. I suggested she let that go and try addressing us without bias as individuals and she said she didn't want to and wanted to hold on to her prejudice. So no, I was not insulting anyone. It was a simple factual description she had already agreed to. As I know you're all about evidence, here's the post:

Originally posted by Spacemonkey
              No wonder you're having trouble relating to us. I seriously suggest you try putting aside all that prejudice and bigotry, and just try engaging with a fresh mind.
              No...for the time being, at least, I will hang on to "all that prejudice and bigotry"
              Last edited by Spacemonkey; 10-11-18, 12:00 PM.

Comment

I actually have a copy of the Quran. I did not find God in it...just a lot of hatred.
                I've found just as much hatred in the bible, and certainly in some of the people who do little more than pay lip-service to its values.

It's pretty clear that - despite your claim to the contrary - you close yourself to possibilities and love. The fun part is watching you accusing others of the very thing you do yourself.
                You can pluck a chicken one feather at a time, and no one will notice.

~ Benito Mussolini

Comment

Its why few christians ever come to this area, I believe.

I mean, someone can throw out a wild accusation, and "somehow" it turns out that you agreed to the wild accusation.

I see they've already called in the authorities on me, poor babies.
                  “An atheist has to know a lot more than I know. An atheist is someone who knows there is no God.”
                  Carl Sagan

God is love.

Comment

Sharp enough to know that there are many many possibilities...sharp enough not to cut myself off from love.
                    Originally posted by Spacemonkey View Post
                    No wonder you're having trouble relating to us. I seriously suggest you try putting aside all that prejudice and bigotry, and just try engaging with a fresh mind. Try judging us here only on what we say and do, rather than on your preconceived ideas about the snotty, unpatriotic, and murderous little monsters you've come to think of us as.
                    No...for the time being, at least, I will hang on to "all that prejudice and bigotry"...
                    Not so sharp after all.

~ Benito Mussolini

Comment

• Originally posted by Spacemonkey View Post
                      FYI, the Barrd openly admitted to being prejudiced and big-oted towards atheists. I suggested she let that go and try addressing us without bias as individuals and she said she didn't want to and wanted to hold on to her prejudice. So no, I was not insulting anyone. It was a simple factual description she had already agreed to. As I know you're all about evidence, here's the post:
                      It doesn't matter too much, because the quotes are fairly easy to find, but your Barrd quote link in the above post doesn't work.

~ Benito Mussolini

Comment

I've told you and told you...you don't pay attention, do you?

I am here because I am curious. Just what is it that makes atheists...atheists?
                        You have been given the answer to this over and over. You don't pay attention, do you?

There are lots of atheists who would never bother about coming into a Christian forum. Those, I understand. I feel very sorry for them...but at least they are honestly what they are.
                        They would feel very sorry for you.

Atheists who deliberately come into a Christian forum...there is something about that that makes my skin crawl. Why would you bother? You don't believe in God...right? So...what are you doing here? You didn't wander in by accident...CARM is very clearly labeled. Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry. You knew that you would encounter Christians here.

So, why are you here?
                        You've been told this over and over. You don't pay attention, do you? So much for your curiosity.

There could be two reasons.
                        Perhaps you really want to find out more about Christianity.
                        Or perhaps you are here to argue....

Given your attitude, I'm guessing that you are here to argue.
                        The logical fallacy you have committed on this occasion is called a false dichotomy. There are many more options.

Comment

Atheists who deliberately come into a Christian forum...there is something about that that makes my skin crawl. Why would you bother? You don't believe in God...right? So...what are you doing here? You didn't wander in by accident
                          I used to help run an "atheist" forum, and we had Christians showing up all the time. It's still up and running; I can link it for you if you're curious.

Imagine the reaction those Christians would have if you asked them the equivalent of the questions you've asked above.

Once you imagine this, you'll have the answers you have no interest in seeking.

ps. Christians showing up to an atheist forum never made our skins crawl. Compare this with your quote above, and it says something very unsavory about you.

~ Benito Mussolini

Comment

Talking of Carm letting or not letting people get away with things. The poster you replied to and one or two other Christian posters are the most banned on this site. No atheist poster comes close.

Comment

Its why few christians ever come to this area, I believe.

I mean, someone can throw out a wild accusation, and "somehow" it turns out that you agreed to the wild accusation.

I see they've already called in the authorities on me, poor babies.
                              I've already gotten at least one warning, myself,

Comment

• Originally posted by America View Post
                                I used to help run an "atheist" forum, and we had Christians showing up all the time. It's still up and running; I can link it for you if you're curious.

Imagine the reaction those Christians would have if you asked them the equivalent of the questions you've asked above.

Once you imagine this, you'll have the answers you have no interest in seeking.

ps. Christians showing up to an atheist forum never made our skins crawl. Compare this with your quote above, and it says something very unsavory about you.
                                It's not quite the same thing, is it?
                                You are not an atheist, You are a believer in Mohammed. Allahu Akbar, right?

And, oh, yeah....kill the infidels!!

Frankly, I prefer the company of these atheists...insults and all....

Comment

Working...
                                X