Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Happy New Year!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Treeplanter View Post

You have nothing of substance to say and no rational support for your positions so you decide to waste your time portraying me as a seething rageaholic

Don't need to. You portray yourself that way. We all see the constant whining and bellyaching about what the God of the Bible says and does. and your "how can I hate something I don't believe in" crap is wearing thin. The only mystery is why you spend so much time hatefully blabbing about someone who allegedly doesn't exist.
    Signature? You want a signature? I'll show you a signature!
    John Hancock

Comment

• Originally posted by stiggywiggy View Post

Don't need to. You portray yourself that way. We all see the constant whining and bellyaching about what the God of the Bible says and does. and your "how can I hate something I don't believe in" crap is wearing thin. The only mystery is why you spend so much time hatefully blabbing about someone who allegedly doesn't exist.
      I'm not expressing 'hatred' to God
      God doesn't exist

I'm expressing 'hatred' of God to you
      You are under the delusion that God exists and that He is good and loving and just and perfect despite the many immoral things He does

Do you really not understand the difference between hating Christ and hating Christianity?
      Can you not comprehend that in order to communicate with a believer like you one must approach God on the level of a believer?

You believe in God
      I'm just here to point out that the being you believe in is evil and that excusing His evil because He is God is stupid - that I know He does not exist is beside the point

I hate Christianity
      I hate that it warps the minds of people like you
      I hate that it mangles the morality of people like you

You might even say that my 'hatred' of God is really a great love for humanity!

Comment

God doesn't exist
        Your evidence is?

Oh you forgot evidence for this one as well - treeplanter claims: I am vastly superior to God when it comes to morality....
        "darwin/nature is an ever-receding pocket of scientific ignorance"óme

Comment

God doesn't exist.
          I'm not an academian, but it seems to me an academian would not make a statement like that, unless he could first analyze every cubic centimeter of the universe simultaneously.

Even then, he should consider other dimensions of existence, as well as other universes.

Until then, saying X doesn't exist ... in my opinion ... is speaking outside of the scientific method.

Does Humpty Dumpty exist?

No?

Only a figment of George L. Fox's imagination?

Are you sure?
          THE BIBLE SAYS IT, THAT SETTLES IT.

Comment

• Originally posted by AV1611VET View Post

I'm not an academian, but it seems to me an academian would not make a statement like that, unless he could first analyze every cubic centimeter of the universe simultaneously.

Even then, he should consider other dimensions of existence, as well as other universes.

Until then, saying X doesn't exist ... in my opinion ... is speaking outside of the scientific method.

Does Humpty Dumpty exist?

No?

Only a figment of George L. Fox's imagination?

Are you sure?
            Fair enough!

Anything is possible and I cannot possibly state with absolute certainty that God does not exist

However, by this same token, nor can a Christian possibly state with absolute certainty that He does exist - and yet most every Christian holds the existence of God as an absolute certainty

For all intents and purposes, justified or not, seems both sides are confident enough in their convictions to make their claims categorically...

ETA
            I am far more interested in discussing the morality of God than I am the existence of God

Comment

I am far more interested in discussing the morality of God than I am the existence of God
              Alrighty, sir.

Your preference is noted and will be respected.

(On this end, anyway. )
              THE BIBLE SAYS IT, THAT SETTLES IT.

Comment

I'm not expressing 'hatred' to God
                God doesn't exist
                Thinner and thinner.

I'm expressing 'hatred' of God to you;
                Yeah, I know. I summarized it this way (two can play the rerun game.:

We all see the constant whining and bellyaching about what the God of the Bible says and does. and your "how can I hate something I don't believe in" crap is wearing thin. The only mystery is why you spend so much time hatefully blabbing about someone who allegedly doesn't exist.

Do you really not understand the difference between hating Christ and hating Christianity?
                You hate 'em both. Your hatred is strong.

You believe in God
                Thanks. I didn't know that.

God is stupid
                Well, since He created an entire universe from nothing, while you can't even create a neighborhood subdivision, that would make you retarded.

I hate Christianity
                You hate. PERIOD. You are an angry hater and denying it just deepens your wrath. Do you beat your dog?
                Signature? You want a signature? I'll show you a signature!
                John Hancock

Comment

• Originally posted by stiggywiggy View Post

Thinner and thinner.

Yeah, I know. I summarized it this way (two can play the rerun game.:

We all see the constant whining and bellyaching about what the God of the Bible says and does. and your "how can I hate something I don't believe in" crap is wearing thin. The only mystery is why you spend so much time hatefully blabbing about someone who allegedly doesn't exist.

You hate 'em both. Your hatred is strong.

Thanks. I didn't know that.

Well, since He created an entire universe from nothing, while you can't even create a neighborhood subdivision, that would make you retarded.

You hate. PERIOD. You are an angry hater and denying it just deepens your wrath. Do you beat your dog?
                  Honest and ethical Stiggy is at it again, I see!

Chopping
                  "I'm just here to point out that the being you believe in is evil and that excusing His evil because He is God is stupid"
                  down to
                  "God is stupid"
                  is bush league!!

Again, I wish to thank you for proving me right every time you decide to write something!!!

PS
                  Anyone possessing even a modicum of intelligence can see that it is you who are angry and hateful
                  Despite your venomous nature - I wish you no ill will and hope that you find some peace...

Comment

God doesn't exist
                    Your evidence is?

Comment

• Originally posted by JamesTheLesser View Post

Well no, no it isn't. I can only communicate rudementary ideas to you. Your psychoanalysis is not the same as understanding.
                      How do you know? You haven't tried, nor have I seen a clear explanation from any Christian. Perhaps you can't communicate said ideas because in the end you just feel it rather than think it. Whatever, it sounds like you're making an excuse not to try. There's nothing wrong with trying.

Last edited by Whatsisface; 01-12-19, 07:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ferengi View Post

And he will laugh and tell your feelings are not morals - LOL
                        Much like I laugh when I tell you that faith in God is nothing more than a feeling?

My morality is predicated upon a measurable formula - to consciously and purposefully visit unnecessary harm upon another human being is immoral while that which visits no harm upon another human being is morally allowable
                        Harm is a measurable factor
                        We can see it

Now, what was that measurable formula as regarding faith again?

Don't have one?

Hmm... could it possibly be that faith is nothing more than a feeling?
                        Nah!
                        Can't be!!
                        We know that you demand evidence
                        Feelings are never enough for ferengi!!

Comment

• [QUOTE]
                          Originally posted by Treeplanter View Post
                          Much like I laugh when I tell you that faith in God is nothing more than a feeling?
                          And I laugh at you as I ask for evidence that you do not have?

My morality is predicated upon a measurable formula
                          Feelings are not morality.

- to consciously and purposefully visit unnecessary harm upon another human being is immoral while that which visits no harm upon another human being is morally allowable
                          Harm is a measurable factor
                          According to what objective standard - again your feelings are not morals or standards

Comment

God doesn't exist
                            Oh an you avoided this as you must - got any evidence ?

Comment

• Originally posted by ferengi View Post

Oh an you avoided this as you must - got any evidence ?
                              Yep, I do!

The lack of a measurable formula by which to assert that faith in God is justified IS good evidence that God does not exist

Comment

• [QUOTE=ferengi;n5769464]

And I laugh at you as I ask for evidence that you do not have?

Feelings are not morality.

According to what objective standard - again your feelings are not morals or standards
                                Stop shifting the burden!

Faith is nothing more than a feeling and we know that you reject feelings

According to what objective standard do you maintain that God exists?
                                Again, your feelings are NOT sufficient evidence that a faith in God is justified
                                Your feelings do not prove that God is real

Support your claim!

Comment

Working...
                                X