Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

We got another one.. tp claims "god doesn't exist"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We got another one.. tp claims "god doesn't exist"

Well - she did it again -

treeplanter claims - "god doesn't exist"

https://forums.carm.org/vb5/forum/se...happy-new-year Post 257

Well where is her evidence?
    "darwin/nature is an ever-receding pocket of scientific ignorance"—me

Another of these threads? Ugh...
    "There is no singular thing in nature that is more useful to man than a man who lives according to the guidance of reason."
    ~ Spinoza, Ethics, 4p35c1

Comment

Originally posted by Occam View Post
      Another unsupported atheist claim - yes another thread calling out unsupported atheist claims.

Comment

Originally posted by ferengi View Post

It's in the exact same place where the evidence for god's existence is kept.
        I study the ramifications of my shovel, loving the consequence of uprooting the jungle.
        I'm hugging the cycle of Gemini's duplicate tenants for muting the puzzle.
        I don't budge the motives
        Encased inside the gauntlet's hunger quotas - Aesop Rock

Comment

Originally posted by Occam View Post
          n>Oh, Occam does not approve of this thread. Dear me. Maybe there is a new mod... or at least in someone's fantasy?
          Maybe, Occam, since you do not approve this thread, what about another thread where you substantiate certain claims at least one poster asked you about? Or would anyone asking you to substantiate your claims... maybe that would get another Occam-Ugh? Any possibility of either of those, one of those CharlieBrown-wannabe Ugh? Or Occam substantiation? No? Maybe around your philosophy classes, they taught you to grunt, "Ugh" and run? Where does one go to get a philosophy degree in "Ugh"? Got the name of the famous prof you studied under? That famous "Ugh Prof"?
          In case you "forgot" what you are supposed to substantiate. Remember this from you?

Occam>“ … they evade the evidence against Christianity over and over … they have made a habit of avoiding the problems with it… “

https://forums.carm.org/vb5/forum/se...92#post1970992

n>Have I given you enough time to conjure up one top thingy you had in your mind somewhere? Enough time to research support for your claim? Did you retract and apologize... and I did not see it? Or? Gonna be another "Ugh" from you... maybe the very best you can do?

Mouser Larry Roy: "yippee ki yay"
          “... see the loonies in their cages… are they not witty… how much amusement they afford… ours is a human world, theirs is a bestial world… " Bedlam

Comment

Another unsupported atheist claim - yes another thread calling out unsupported atheist claims.
            n>It appears as if that is one of the weaknesses of resident atheists... substantiating their stuff. Maybe that's why they grunt, "Ugh"... on their way out the door, running away with a great amount of indignation that anyone had the gall to ask for substance, evidence, proof, corroboration, witnesses, citations, links, etc. Ironic, no? Was it not Dawkins who suggested atheists are "brights"? After all, they are the ones crowing about the scientific method, etc. Quite ironic. Entertaining also.

“... see the loonies in their cages… are they not witty… how much amusement they afford… ours is a human world, theirs is a bestial world… " Bedlam

Comment

Originally posted by Bluemayskye View Post
              IOW you have no evidence either - like all atheists

Comment

Originally posted by Bluemayskye View Post

n>Uuuuuu. Great move from the apostate! When you have no answers to the actual issue raised in an OP, you try to change topics! Brilliant move! Maybe it's the first time an apostate has ever thought to do that? No, wait! The little girl next door kinda sorta did that a while back! Hmmmm. I sure hope nothing hurt anyone's sensitive feelings! If so, I apologize... I hate to bruise anyone... heh heh Maybe someone with no direct answers ought to consider sitting this out in the Special Place for Special Ones (SPSO)? Or produce direct answers! What a novel thought! Maybe that wold also give someone another "reason to live" (besides just to "not knowing everything")? Oh, and will you ever tell us what you mean by this bit?

Bluemayskye View Post... women who choose to feel sexy when they go out."

BTW: you meaning of the 6th word. Got an idea?
                Last edited by noemail001; 01-12-19, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by noemail001 View Post

n>It appears as if that is one of the weaknesses of resident atheists... substantiating their stuff. Maybe that's why they grunt, "Ugh"... on their way out the door, running away with a great amount of indignation that anyone had the gall to ask for substance, evidence, proof, corroboration, witnesses, citations, links, etc. Ironic, no? Was it not Dawkins who suggested atheists are "brights"? After all, they are the ones crowing about the scientific method, etc. Quite ironic. Entertaining also.

well said

Comment

Stop calling me "she" you ultra hairy, sweaty man!

Anything is possible and I cannot possibly state with absolute certainty that God does not exist

However, by this same token, nor can a Christian possibly state with absolute certainty that He does exist - and yet most every Christian holds the existence of God as an absolute certainty

For all intents and purposes, justified or not, seems both sides are confident enough in their convictions to make their claims categorically...

Frankly, I don't care to discuss the existence of God
                    Let's talk about His morality, shall we?

The Christian God is an immoral monster who visits atrocities upon humanity

Your turn

Comment

Originally posted by Treeplanter View Post
                      Anything is possible and I cannot possibly state with absolute certainty that God does not exist
                      Except for the fact you already did - now please resolve this contradiction.

nor can a Christian possibly state with absolute certainty that He does exist -
                      More unsupported assertions.

Now you have to run away form your own claim - why make the claim if you cannot support it?

Changing the subject as you must because you cannot support your claims,

Comment

Except for the fact you already did - now please resolve this contradiction.

More unsupported assertions.

Now you have to run away form your own claim - why make the claim if you cannot support it?

Changing the subject as you must because you cannot support your claims,
                        EDIT PER MOD

Did I not just resolve the contradiction?
                        Read carefully and try to understand...Anything is possible and I cannot possibly state with absolute certainty that God does not exist

EDIT PER MOD

I admit that I cannot possibly know everything and therefore cannot possibly know that God does not exist

Now, let's hear you admit that you cannot possibly know everything and therefore cannot possibly know that God DOES exist
                        Let's hear you admit that you are wrong in your assertion that God absolutely exists without question

You're not going to run away now, are you?
                        Last edited by 4Him; 01-13-19, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Stop calling me "she" you ultra hairy, sweaty man!
                          However, by this same token, nor can a Christian possibly state with absolute certainty that He does exist - and yet most every Christian holds the existence of God as an absolute certainty
                          For all intents and purposes, justified or not, seems both sides are confident enough in their convictions to make their claims categorically...
                          The Christian God is an immoral monster who visits atrocities upon humanity Your turn
                          n>Too much fun.

...Anything is possible ...
                          n>False. Many things are impossible. Oh, wait! Maybe you have a way to make anything possible?

... nor can a Christian possibly state with absolute certainty that He does exist ...
                          n>1) What happened? Change your mind already? You just stated: "Anything is possible." Now you changed your tune. Or was one of those a "brainfreeze"? Or?
                          2) I follow the biblical teaching about Jesus. I say with absolute certainty God is. Take it to the bank. Guaranteed.
                          3) So you just blew up your flimsy twisted notion in two ways. Awwww. So sad and pitiful.

... nor can a Christian possibly state with absolute certainty that He does exist - and yet most every Christian holds the existence of God as an absolute certainty ...
                          n>Treeplanter again contradicts Treeplanter. Big shock.

... I don't care to discuss the existence of God ...
                          n>That's obvious. And understandable given reality.

... Let's talk about His morality, shall we? The Christian God is an immoral monster who visits atrocities upon humanity...
                          n>Again? Seems like parroting. So predictable. You frequently contradict yourself as shown repeatedly in the post above, poor thing. You have been doing that for years on that very topic. For example:

http://forums.carm.org/vb5/forum/sec...hristian/page6

When will you ever walk a straight line about anything? Soon, I hope. Your poor atheist pals...

Comment

... Let's talk about His morality, shall we?
                            The Christian God is an immoral monster who visits atrocities upon humanity...
                            n>Have fun:

https://forums.carm.org/vb5/forum/se...rs#post5769594

Comment

Originally posted by noemail001 View Post

n>Too much fun.

n>False. Many things are impossible. Oh, wait! Maybe you have a way to make anything possible?

n>1) What happened? Change your mind already? You just stated: "Anything is possible." Now you changed your tune. Or was one of those a "brainfreeze"? Or?
                              2) I follow the biblical teaching about Jesus. I say with absolute certainty God is. Take it to the bank. Guaranteed.
                              3) So you just blew up your flimsy twisted notion in two ways. Awwww. So sad and pitiful.

n>Treeplanter again contradicts Treeplanter. Big shock.

n>That's obvious. And understandable given reality.

n>Again? Seems like parroting. So predictable. You frequently contradict yourself as shown repeatedly in the post above, poor thing. You have been doing that for years on that very topic. For example:

http://forums.carm.org/vb5/forum/sec...hristian/page6

When will you ever walk a straight line about anything? Soon, I hope. Your poor atheist pals...

Where is the contradiction?

An atheist cannot say with absolute certainty that God does not exist and a Christian cannot say with absolute certainty that God does exist

Neither of us know for certain because none of us can know everything - so, again, where is the contradiction??

Where???

Comment

Working...
                              X