Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Let's summarize

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lighthearted Athiest View Post
    What if I stand in front of a Islamic Temple and say God does not exist. Am I quenching the Spirit then?
    You'd better do it in America, where our first Ten Amendments insures no pogrom will occur legally on U.S. soil.

But to answer your question, YES, you are quenching the Spirit.

Originally posted by Lighthearted Atheist
    Or is it just Christian churches? How can you tell that a spirit is quenched in front of a Christian church but it is not quenched in front of an Islamic temple? Is there some kind of glow or effect or voice of God? Or is it a feeling of faith and not tied to evidence?
    This kind of reasoning is nothing more than psychological badgering.

It makes me want to leave, but then I have to remember my calling.

THE BIBLE SAYS IT, THAT SETTLES IT.

Comment

• Originally posted by juglans1 View Post
      And David was even his god's begotten son (Psalm 2:7).
      Wow ... just wow.

If I didn't know Satan like I do, I'd believe that was you who typed that.

Interesting you were willing to insert "begotten" in your blasphemous remark.

Even Satan's NIV removes it from John 3:16.

The only time you see it used is when someone makes a post like this.

Comment

• Originally posted by AV1611VET View Post
        You're just being cutsey.

You know exactly what I'm saying.
        Not an answer.

If you follow the Bible's moral strictures you either

a) evaluate the Bible to be morally correct, and therefore follow it, or
        b) follow the Bible without evaluating it.

What you call "cutesy" is your being backed into a corner.
        Dillahunty said it - that settles it.

Comment

Wow ... just wow.

If I didn't know Satan like I do, I'd believe that was you who typed that.

Interesting you were willing to insert "begotten" in your blasphemous remark.

Even Satan's NIV removes it from John 3:16.

The only time you see it used is when someone makes a post like this.
          Don't blame me since I didn't write Psalm 2:7, which clearly says that David was his god's begotten son, even though David was an adulterous murderer who said that Jonathon's love was more wonderful than from any of his wives (2Sam 1:26). https://www.biblehub.com/psalms/2-7.htm

And have you ever had a discussion with Satan about who wrote Psalm 2:7, and why the writers of John 3:16 plagiarised it? Or were they referring to David too?

Last edited by juglans1; 02-20-19, 04:15 PM.
          ... always look on the bright side of life - Idle Cleese

Comment

And to think people actually teach this stuff.

Jesus "was" the son of God?

Translation of the Codex Sinaiticus?

Unless my memory fails me, you admitted you've been college educated.

And I believe it.
            Sorry. I suppose Christians believe Jesus is the son of God, yes? We usually refer to people that have died in the past tense so that is my mistake. And I know that almost all modern Bibles except the KJV used the Codex Sinaiticus and the Codex Vaticanus as their primary sources for translation.

My college did not focus on how to be a proper Christian. We learned calculus, physics, the history many cultures and their myths/religions, and art and poetry.
            When I say 'no evidence' I always mean that there is no evidence that I have seen. When I say 'no God' I always mean that I do not believe in God. God may exist and there may be evidence for him - I have yet to see it.

Comment

This kind of reasoning is nothing more than psychological badgering.
              So I assume this means that you have no way to know when or if the spirit has been quenched, yes? I am sorry if you think asking you to provide evidence for the claims you make is badgering. My guess is you are used to people who are happy to believe any claim and just move on. That kind of thinking is enough to make me consider quitting the forum.

Then I remember that George Bush said that God told him to free the people of Iraq. I remember the stakes of allowing people to make incredible claims without evidence. And I remember why I demand that people back their claims with evidence.
              When I say 'no evidence' I always mean that there is no evidence that I have seen. When I say 'no God' I always mean that I do not believe in God. God may exist and there may be evidence for him - I have yet to see it.

Comment

Sorry. I suppose Christians believe Jesus is the son of God, yes? We usually refer to people that have died in the past tense so that is my mistake. And I know that almost all modern Bibles except the KJV used the Codex Sinaiticus and the Codex Vaticanus as their primary sources for translation.
                Codex Vaticanus was locked in the Vatican until Satan brought it out; and Codex Sinaiticus was found in a trash can.

The common people probably took a look at one that was delivered to them, compared it to the AV330 Gothic Version, and pitched it.

Comment

That kind of thinking is enough to make me consider quitting the forum.
                  Please don't go away mad.

Where will you go?

Somewhere where you'll hear what you want to hear?

When Christians do that, we call them "church hoppers."

Comment

I think I've stated why many, many times here.

To sum it up, it sows tares among the wheat.
                    Tares of truth among the wheat of myth.

Comment

Codex Vaticanus was locked in the Vatican until Satan brought it out; and Codex Sinaiticus was found in a trash can.

The common people probably took a look at one that was delivered to them, compared it to the AV330 Gothic Version, and pitched it.
                      All have been compared to the earliest extant manuscripts. I suppose Satan altered them all.

Comment

• Originally posted by tiburon View Post
                        Tares of truth among the wheat of myth.
                        Some people wouldn't know the Truth if He slapped them in the face.

Comment

Some people wouldn't know the Truth if He slapped them in the face.
                          I totally agree.

Comment

All have been compared to the earliest extant manuscripts. I suppose Satan altered them all.
                            And why do you think all these manuscripts were found?

It's because they weren't being used.

The common people wouldn't touch them.

Comment

And why do you think all these manuscripts were found?

It's because they weren't being used.

The common people wouldn't touch them.
                              Oh of course. Not because they were worn out and the owners got a new copy of the manuscript.
                              That would never happen.

Why do you think the KJV is beyond reproach?

Comment

Why do you think the KJV is beyond reproach?
                                Because God himself preserves It.

Psalm 12:6 The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
                                Psalm 12:7 Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.

Comment

Working...
                                X