Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Let's summarize

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AV1611VET View Post
    Because God himself preserves It.

Psalm 12:6 The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
    Psalm 12:7 Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.
    So why did god preserve the KJV and no other?
    Your Psalm doesn't seem to specify any favoured version.

Comment

Originally posted by tiburon View Post
      Why do you think the KJV is beyond reproach?
      Because God himself preserves It.
      He's preserved the Bhagavad Gita for more than 10 times as long as the KJV.
      Atheism > Oneness forum trolls

Comment

• Originally posted by tiburon View Post
        So why did god preserve the KJV and no other?
        Psalm 12:6 The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.

1. AV330 Gothic Version
        2. AV700 Anglo-Saxon Version
        3. AV1389 Wycliffe
        4. AV1525 Tyndale
        5. AV1560 Geneva Bible
        6. AV1568 Bishop's Bible
        7. AV1611 King James Bible
        THE BIBLE SAYS IT, THAT SETTLES IT.

Comment

• Originally posted by America View Post
          He's preserved the Bhagavad Gita for more than 10 times as long as the KJV.
          I didn't know that.
          THE BIBLE SAYS IT, THAT SETTLES IT.

Comment

I didn't know that.
            Might only be 9 times; late-night math, and all that.
            Atheism > Oneness forum trolls

Comment

1. AV330 Gothic Version
              2. AV700 Anglo-Saxon Version
              3. AV1389 Wycliffe
              4. AV1525 Tyndale
              5. AV1560 Geneva Bible
              6. AV1568 Bishop's Bible
              7. AV1611 King James Bible
              And then what? He gave up?

Comment

Codex Vaticanus was locked in the Vatican until Satan brought it out; and Codex Sinaiticus was found in a trash can.

The common people probably took a look at one that was delivered to them, compared it to the AV330 Gothic Version, and pitched it.
                This does not change the fact that every modern Bible I have researched is translated from those two sources (except the KJV). You are reading those codices in church. You quote them as scripture. If you use the KJV I'm happy to show you the sources for that as well - they are similar.

And how do you know that Satan brought out the Codex Vaticanus?
                When I say 'no evidence' I always mean that there is no evidence that I have seen. When I say 'no God' I always mean that I do not believe in God. God may exist and there may be evidence for him - I have yet to see it.

Comment

Please don't go away mad.
                  I'm not mad. I do get frustrated that Christians seem to think they can claim anything without any burden of proof. You can say you know God, Jesus rose from the dead, prayer works, God created the universe, you know things that exist outside of reality like Heaven, and more. That makes me a bit crazy.

I only get mad when my politicians try to base laws on those claims.

When I say 'no evidence' I always mean that there is no evidence that I have seen. When I say 'no God' I always mean that I do not believe in God. God may exist and there may be evidence for him - I have yet to see it.

Comment

Some people wouldn't know the Truth if He slapped them in the face.
                    That's why we check it with empirical evidence and testing. Cognitive bias is very well understood. Secular scientists counter that with evidence. Christians simply believe what they are told in a book or by a preacher.

The scientist is much more likely to get to truth than the theist.

Comment

And why do you think all these manuscripts were found?
                      How can you tell that the manuscripts we find from the Bible are from God and the manuscripts we find from the Hindu Vedas are not?

Comment

• Originally posted by stiggywiggy View Post
                        CARM atheists are on record, here at CARM, condemning slavery.
                        We can find no record of God condemning slavery.
                        Therefore CARM atheists are more moral than God.
                        Yes. But not just "CARM" atheists. MOST atheists. Morally speaking, Christians don't really have the ability to assess questions of morality on their own, they have to consult their god because what is "moral" for them changes based on the situation. Atheists, on the other hand, have it pretty easy and have a reliable, consistent guide for deciding moral issues.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lighthearted Athiest View Post

I'm not mad. I do get frustrated that Christians seem to think they can claim anything without any burden of proof. You can say you know God, Jesus rose from the dead, prayer works, God created the universe, you know things that exist outside of reality like Heaven, and more. That makes me a bit crazy.

I only get mad when my politicians try to base laws on those claims.
                          Why does that frustrate you?

Truly, you can believe leptons dance on the backs of protons, who cares? You can believe Allah and Buddha arm wrestled for Vishnas desires, who cares? I am not frustrated by your beliefs.

You can even believe yourself smart, more moral than God, a better Christian than a Christian. Shoot, I haven't heard it yet, but you can even claim you are a better Lesser than the Lesser, I've heard nearly every slam you can think or imagine about me, God, Christ, and those who love Him.

All because you want free reign for post birth abortion? Free reign for man love? That you don't want to receive any flack for dressing like Suzie, hairy legs and all, and consider yourself transitioning? Or is communism your thing, and capitalism is a Christian thing? I see no law in America that should cause atheists grief.
                          “An atheist has to know a lot more than I know. An atheist is someone who knows there is no God.”
                          Carl Sagan

God is love.

Comment

• Originally posted by tiburon View Post

Do you have this chip on your shoulder because you never made it into the higher realms of education?
                            A disturbingly rude assumption.
                            - Do for others as you would want them to do for you: this is the foundation of the Law of Moses and of the teachings of the prophets. -

Comment

• Originally posted by JamesTheLesser View Post
                              All because you want free reign for post birth abortion? Free reign for man love? That you don't want to receive any flack for dressing like Suzie, hairy legs and all, and consider yourself transitioning? Or is communism your thing, and capitalism is a Christian thing?
                              Romans 13:1-7
                              Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment. For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of the one who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive his approval, for he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer. Therefore one must be in subjection, not only to avoid God's wrath but also for the sake of conscience

- Do for others as you would want them to do for you: this is the foundation of the Law of Moses and of the teachings of the prophets. -

Comment

• Originally posted by stiggywiggy View Post
                                CARM atheists are on record, here at CARM, condemning slavery.
                                We can find no record of God condemning slavery.
                                Therefore CARM atheists are more moral than God.
                                Did you check the scriptures first?

Exodus 21:16
                                “Whoever steals a man and sells him, and anyone found in possession of him, shall be put to death.

Galatians 5:1
                                For freedom Christ has set us free; stand firm therefore, and do not submit again to a yoke of slavery.

This passage creates the concept of "If you do any injustice to a slave, you must then set them free because of your error":

Exodus 21:26-27
                                “When a man strikes the eye of his slave, male or female, and destroys it, he shall let the slave go free because of his eye. If he knocks out the tooth of his slave, male or female, he shall let the slave go free because of his tooth.

Deuteronomy 24:7
                                “If a man is found stealing one of his brothers of the people of Israel, and if he treats him as a slave or sells him, then that thief shall die. So you shall purge the evil from your midst.

Comment

Working...
                                X