Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Regarding God supposedly CONDONING slavery

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by stiggywiggy View Post

Correct. God is big on free will. We are free to do anything we are physically capable of doing, even forbidden things like murder.

Incorrect. Slaves also have free will. We all do.
    Here's where it gets embarrassing for you....

Comment

• Originally posted by Zaphod View Post

My responses in the first few pages of this thread and in other threads
      Where? Links, please.
      Signature? You want a signature? I'll show you a signature!
      John Hancock

Comment

• Originally posted by tonka View Post

Here's where it gets embarrassing for you....
        Dot, dot, dot? Finish your sentence.
        John Hancock

Comment

Your mere unelaborated declarations don''t cut it, pal.
          To whom? You? Should they?

Comment

• Originally posted by sobchak View Post

To whom?
            I doubt to anyone, cheerleader girl. Rah, rah, rah.
            John Hancock

Comment

Dot, dot, dot? Finish your sentence.
              come on stiggy.... you can do it... what is the pertinent nature of the relationship between god and the enslaved that gives insight into the nature of god with regards to what is being allowed or condoned for the slave. You can do it... it's a lump in your throat right now, but we can coax it out.... When god allows an enslaver to enslave and abuse, god is in the same hand allowing the slave to be... <??? you can do it>.

Comment

come on stiggy.... you can do it... what is the pertinent nature of the relationship between god and the enslaved that gives insight into the nature of god with regards to what is being allowed or condoned for the slave. You can do it... it's a lump in your throat right now, but we can coax it out.... When god allows an enslaver to enslave and abuse, god is in the same hand allowing the slave to be... <??? you can do it>.
                God allows all free will actions, even things He forbids like murder and theft, so by your idiotic logic which you reluctantly just coaxed out of yourself, He endorse, condones, approves of murder and theft, all covered on pages 16-29 in this thread. Re-runs are all you have to offer now?
                John Hancock

Comment

Where? Links, please.
                  Not going to happen though I can understand why youíd deflect with such a request rather than deal with the embarrassment of the content I provided that soundly trounced your ridiculous excuses for why god allows slavery.

Shall I once again post the obvious and true rebuttals to your silly excuses? Iíll just rewrite them in my own words. More fun that way.

Comment

cheerleader girl. Rah, rah, rah.
                    *flattered*

Donít worry. Iíll cheer for you if you ever score a point.

Comment

God allows all free will actions, even things He forbids like murder and theft, so by your idiotic logic which you reluctantly just coaxed out of yourself, He endorse, condones, approves of murder and theft, all covered on pages 16-29 in this thread. Re-runs are all you have to offer now?
                      Oh jeez.. you're answer is either sleazy or obtuse. I consider your reluctance to cough up the hairball of god condoning, allowing and watching with tangible indifference the suffering of a slave to be your total capitulation on this whole nonsensical thread you started. Maybe the slave can utilize his free will to make a provocative speech and smoke a cigarette. That'll make it all better for him now won't it.
                      Last edited by tonka; 05-15-19, 11:43 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zaphod View Post

Not going to happen
                        Because you got nothing, just as I suspected. You couldn't "trounce" a ladybug.
                        John Hancock

Comment

• Originally posted by sobchak View Post

*flattered*

Don’t worry. I’ll cheer for you if you ever score a point.
                          Maybe you'll score the waterboy.
                          John Hancock

Comment

Oh jeez.. you're answer
                            I are answer?

Maybe the slave can utilize his free will to make a provocative speech and smoke a cigarette.
                            Nah. Sir Walter Raleigh predated Jewish slaves by hundreds of years. Can't use free will for impossible tasks.

John Hancock

Comment

Because you got nothing, just as I suspected. You couldn't "trounce" a ladybug.
                              Lol. How hilarious.

Smoking employees example fails because unlike biblegod with the Jews, you arenít their moral law giver.

Giving your kids rules for fighting properly fails because umike Biblegod with the Jews on slavery, you told them fighting was wrong.

Bububububutttt slavewey is an ecowonomic swystem fails because nowhere does biblegod allow or disallow actions becau of them being part of economic system.

The card cheating excuse fails because cheating at cards isnt dynamic addressed by biblegod like slavery was with dozens of commandments on how to do it correctly.

I dont tecall what other ridiculous false analogies youíve tried to pawn off as having some sort of relevance, but list them and Iíll wxplain yet again for the thirtieth time how stupid they are, too, for your purposes of god allowing slavery and not making any commands against it.

Comment

I are answer?

Nah. Sir Walter Raleigh predated Jewish slaves by hundreds of years. Can't use free will for impossible tasks.
                                This is what we were talking about where it gets embarrassing for you stiggy. When it get's a little warm for your worldview you can't stand and muster. You devolve to puns, and grammar novelties, and a psuedo comic routine that a grandpa wouldn't even try on their grand-kids.... because even to a 3 yr. old, your shtick.... it just isn't funny.

Comment

Working...
                                X