Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Think

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by AV1611VET View Post
    Isn't it ... telling ... that a thread labeled THINK gets heated?
    It's a shame the OP didn't pay attention to it's own advice.
    "My own suspicion is that the universe is not only queerer than we suppose, but queerer than we can suppose." JBS Haldane.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Whatsisface View Post

      No you don't, you twist things. You also outright lie.
      I don't think so.
      the truth is far too interesting.
      God is real. He can be known. You only cheat yourself by giving what you call reasons, and are nothing more than excuses. There's an old saying:
      an excuse is nothing more than a skin of reason, over a skeleton of lies.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by SteveB View Post

        I don't think so.
        the truth is far too interesting.
        There are others telling you the same. You have quite the reputation here now.
        "My own suspicion is that the universe is not only queerer than we suppose, but queerer than we can suppose." JBS Haldane.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by AV1611VET View Post



          Gives ya goosebumps, doesn't it!?
          not at all.
          its tacky, cheesy, and cliched.
          the sort of tripe that only a moron would mistake for good music.
          When evil is powerful, good men are silenced.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by AV1611VET View Post
            As I said, if God honored the Mayflower Compact, then He honored the Mayflower Compact.
            And neither of them did...



            Well for the record, God doesn't need any compact.
            ok....

            But if this nation isn't a Christian nation, then I don't know what is.
            Armenia.
            Georgia.
            Macedonia.
            Ethiopia.
            The Vatican.
            The Ukraine.
            Serbia.


            Nothing else even comes close.
            See list above
            When evil is powerful, good men are silenced.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by D Laurier View Post

              not at all.
              its tacky, cheesy, and cliched.
              the sort of tripe that only a moron would mistake for good music.
              I guess it depends on which side of the lyrics you're on.
              THE BIBLE SAYS IT, THAT SETTLES IT.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Whatsisface View Post

                There are others telling you the same. You have quite the reputation here now.
                That atheists have a problem with what I've stated is not a problem for me.

                According to things that Jesus, and his disciples, as well as psalmists, and proverb writers, and the prophets have said, I'm in a good position.

                Why is it that you think I've continued to ask you to read the bible for the purpose of understanding?

                So, thank you for your ongoing maligning of me, and my posts.
                it just demonstrates that I'm speaking the truth.

                So, again I'll reiterate that you really want to read the bible for the purpose of understanding.

                That way you can actually get a better picture of why I say the things that I am.
                God is real. He can be known. You only cheat yourself by giving what you call reasons, and are nothing more than excuses. There's an old saying:
                an excuse is nothing more than a skin of reason, over a skeleton of lies.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by SteveB View Post

                  That atheists have a problem with what I've stated is not a problem for me.
                  Another twisting of what's being said. It's not so much what you've stated but the lies you've told that is a problem for you, because you've lost credibility.

                  "My own suspicion is that the universe is not only queerer than we suppose, but queerer than we can suppose." JBS Haldane.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Whatsisface View Post
                    Another twisting of what's being said. It's not so much what you've stated but the lies you've told that is a problem for you, because you've lost credibility.
                    C'mon now, chief. Steve's a nice guy. And he has a LOT of good posts. We can learn a lot from him.

                    I'm sure he's not intentionally lying to you (or anyone).
                    THE BIBLE SAYS IT, THAT SETTLES IT.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by AV1611VET View Post
                      C'mon now, chief. Steve's a nice guy. And he has a LOT of good posts. We can learn a lot from him.

                      I'm sure he's not intentionally lying to you (or anyone).
                      Really? Some counter examples. If you follow Steve's posts, he is very quick to insult when he's disagreed with, even when it's done in a neutral, matter of fact manner. Is that the behaviour of a nice guy? As for learning from him, I and others have asked him countless times for clarification and for him to be specific about what he's claiming, only for him to brush us off with excuses.

                      Unfortunately, I have to disagree with your last remark.
                      "My own suspicion is that the universe is not only queerer than we suppose, but queerer than we can suppose." JBS Haldane.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Whatsisface View Post

                        Really? Some counter examples. If you follow Steve's posts, he is very quick to insult when he's disagreed with, even when it's done in a neutral, matter of fact manner. Is that the behaviour of a nice guy? As for learning from him, I and others have asked him countless times for clarification and for him to be specific about what he's claiming, only for him to brush us off with excuses.

                        Unfortunately, I have to disagree with your last remark.
                        Fair enough.

                        Anything I can help with, I'll certainly try.
                        THE BIBLE SAYS IT, THAT SETTLES IT.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by AV1611VET View Post
                          1. A nation that Jesus Christ founded.

                          2. An already-existing nation that Jesus Christ adopted.
                          So that would be none.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by tiburon View Post
                            So that would be none.
                            From our national anthem, with emphasis:

                            O thus be it ever, when freemen shall stand
                            Between their loved homes and the war's desolation.
                            Blest with vict'ry and peace, may the Heav'n rescued land
                            Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation!
                            Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
                            And this be our motto: "In God is our trust.'
                            And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
                            O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!

                            THE BIBLE SAYS IT, THAT SETTLES IT.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by AV1611VET View Post

                              I guess it depends on which side of the lyrics you're on.
                              I'm on the side of good writing.
                              You appear to be on the side of ham fisted drivel.
                              When evil is powerful, good men are silenced.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by D Laurier View Post
                                I'm on the side of good writing.
                                You appear to be on the side of ham fisted drivel.
                                And yet you missed this doosey of a reference to UFO's by STYX:

                                I thought that they were angels but to my surprise
                                They climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies
                                THE BIBLE SAYS IT, THAT SETTLES IT.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X