Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Totally unrelated!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Totally unrelated!

TOTALLY UNRELATED!

A One Act Play by Treeplanter

Cast of Characters:

Spinster Crazy as Thug
    Chatty Heartburn as Victim
    Scary Cramp as Debonair Man in Hat
    Howard Duff as Woman with Umbrella

Act One:

Scene One: The Drugstore

Setting:
    Deep in the Black Forest of Germany, circa 1869

At Rise:

Victim is working on a spare in the eighth frame

Thug: "I'm warning you, if you don't sink this putt, I'm going to bench you"

Victim: "Thank you for warning me!"

You are losing it, man for the trees.

I will bump this for you so you can get one more post in about how much you don't like God, to develop your Broadway skillz, and for you to fold into your story Krampy Kathy and her skepticism about her monthly ways.
    “An atheist has to know a lot more than I know. An atheist is someone who knows there is no God.”
    Carl Sagan

God is love.

Comment

Hey, what better Christian apologetic than to concede the evil atheist's point. Seems to be a habit.

I know, its the fault of the atheist

Comment

Originally posted by Treeplanter View Post
        TOTALLY UNRELATED!

A One Act Play by Treeplanter

Cast of Characters:

Spinster Crazy as Thug
        Chatty Heartburn as Victim
        Scary Cramp as Debonair Man in Hat
        Howard Duff as Woman with Umbrella

Act One:

Scene One: The Drugstore

Setting:
        Deep in the Black Forest of Germany, circa 1869

At Rise:

Victim is working on a spare in the eighth frame

Thug: "I'm warning you, if you don't sink this putt, I'm going to bench you"

Victim: "Thank you for warning me!"
        As Merv Griffin would say, "Ooooooooooooooooooooooh."

What's the most pretentious Tree in the forest?
        Signature? You want a signature? I'll show you a signature!
        John Hancock

Comment

Originally posted by simplicio View Post
          Hey, what better Christian apologetic than to concede the evil atheist's point. Seems to be a habit.

I know, its the fault of the atheist
          I concede Treeplanter haz crazy threads.

We are all lucky we have the Amazing Catholic Man to straighten it all out for the atheists here, I see choir potential in each one of them.

I think it is your fault for not keeping the fundagelicals in check, and more importantly your failure at converting atheists to Roman Catholics.
          “An atheist has to know a lot more than I know. An atheist is someone who knows there is no God.”
          Carl Sagan

God is love.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesTheLesser View Post
            You are losing it, man for the trees.

I will bump this for you so you can get one more post in about how much you don't like God, to develop your Broadway skillz, and for you to fold into your story Krampy Kathy and her skepticism about her monthly ways.
            I'll be sure to thank you, James, in my acceptance speech when I collect my Tony Award

Until then, perhaps you could offer something of substance?

Comment

I'll be sure to thank you, James, in my acceptance speech when I collect my Tony Award

Until then, perhaps you could offer something of substance?
              Substantive things require a substantive subject.

However I offered you Krampy Kathy for your substantive Broadway play. I can think of more things for your play. What do you need? Do you need a Romanist? I can recommend one
              Carl Sagan

God is love.

Comment

Originally posted by stiggywiggy View Post

As Merv Griffin would say, "Ooooooooooooooooooooooh."

What's the most pretentious Tree in the forest?
                Most pretentious tree?
                Ostentatious Quercus
                The so-called Showboat Oak indigenous to the Pine Barrens of New Jersey

Let us end with a prayer - Monty Python style
                "O Lord! Ooh, you are so big! So absolutely huge. Gosh, we're all really impressed down here, I can tell you."

Comment

Substantive things require a substantive subject.

However I offered you Krampy Kathy for your substantive Broadway play. I can think of more things for your play. What do you need? Do you need a Romanist? I can recommend one
                  You don't consider God a substantive subject?

Comment

You don't consider God a substantive subject?
                    All I see is you and your Broadway tryout.

Is there something about God that you want to say?
                    Carl Sagan

God is love.

Comment

Most pretentious tree?
                      Ostentatious Quercus
                      The so-called Showboat Oak indigenous to the Pine Barrens of New Jersey

Let us end with a prayer - Monty Python style
                      "O Lord! Ooh, you are so big! So absolutely huge. Gosh, we're all really impressed down here, I can tell you."
                      Nerd. I need to watch some Nor MacDonald as an antidote.
                      John Hancock

Comment

All I see is you and your Broadway tryout.

Is there something about God that you want to say?
                        If it's over your head, James, then perhaps it's best to let it go and spare yourself any further embarrassment

Comment

Nerd. I need to watch some Nor MacDonald as an antidote.
                          I like Norm just fine, but will Norm be remembered and revered, like the Monty Python troupe, as a bonafide giant in comedy?

I think not
                          He'll fade into obscurity in the not too distant future

Comment

I like Norm just fine, but will Norm be remembered and revered, like the Monty Python troupe, as a bonafide giant in comedy?
                            John Cleese is unworthy to shine the shoes of Norm MacDonald.

John Hancock

Comment

John Cleese is unworthy to shine the shoes of Norm MacDonald.
                              If I were a Mod you would be taking a vacation right about now!

John Cleese {Fawlty} Towers over Norm MacDonald!!

Comment

Working...
                              X