Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

For those who think more than one reality can exist.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those who think more than one reality can exist.

Please answer this question:

If you think more than one reality can exist, then please explain how YOU can know of multiple realities or more than one reality existing at the same time?

Thanks in advance.

What the enemy of your soul
    doesn't want you to know
    there’s nothing without yourself
    makes the truth unknown
    save willingness to receive
    truth made guilt conceive
    softens the heart; to impart
    the reality one believes.

Originally posted by Tercon View Post

If you think more than one reality can exist, then please explain how YOU can know of multiple realities or more than one reality existing at the same time?

Thanks in advance.
    As far as I know, the concept of alternate realities is a theory created to fill in gaps in our knowledge, kinda like dark matter. Not saying it is true or false, just pointing out the lack of concrete evidence. I may be that we cannot know; kinda like not being able to imagine a color never seen, we cannot understand a reality we have not witnessed.

Same goes for this concept of perception driven reality where we not only see, hear and feel but are part of what makes seeing hearing and feeling reality.
    The "fear and pain", but this isn’t how I AM
    Don’t you forget that you are loved
    Don’t you forget that you are them

Devin Townsend - Spirits Will Collide

Comment

Oh. I don't know.
      I think there's only one reality, but multiple planes, or dimensions of existence.

In mathematics there are 26 planes of existence, or dimensions.

being able to actually prove that is questionable, this side of eternity.....
      God is real. He can be known. You only cheat yourself by giving what you call reasons, and are nothing more than excuses. There's an old saying:
      an excuse is nothing more than a skin of reason, over a skeleton of lies.

Comment

Thanks in advance.
        Do you agree that there IS a truth as to whether multiple realities exist or only one? Do you also agree that no one actually knows what that truth is? So, there is a truth, but we don’t know what that truth is. Kinda puts your question and your claim here for the past few years on shaky footing, doesn’t it?

Comment

GOD==2Kings 6:16 And he answered, Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them.

2Kings 6:17 And Elisha prayed, and said, LORD, I pray thee, open his eyes, that he may see. And the LORD opened the eyes of the young man; and he saw: and, behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaphod View Post
            Do you agree that there IS a truth as to whether multiple realities exist or only one?
            Yes, only one reality exists and no-one can know of more than one reality.

Do you also agree that no one actually knows what that truth is?
            No, I believe that the truth is knowable in reality. I the only way and place that the truth and reality are knowable and experienceable are in and by a believing mind, then by logical implication and necessity truth and reality must be the product of a mind. Therefore, the truth and reality must be a being that possesses a believing mind. Why you may ask, it is because we are not able to know or experience otherwise in reality.

So, there is a truth, but we don’t know what that truth is.
            If you do not know the truth, then you also do not know reality, because only the truth exists in reality.

Kinda puts your question and your claim here for the past few years on shaky footing, doesn't it?
            No, you're just projecting. My claim is that if we believe the truth; then we also know reality. And if YOU “don't know what that truth is” or that you disbelieve the truth is knowable, then reality is unknown to you.

So what's your goal here? If even YOU think that the truth is unknowable to YOU, then why should anyone believe YOU? YOU offer us nothing here, but only that YOU “don't know what that truth is” or that you disbelieve the truth is knowable.

Well Zap, if YOU “don't know what that truth is”, then stop pretending that you do.

doesn't want you to know
            makes the truth unknown

Comment

Yes, only one reality exists
              Prove it.
              a nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.
              ~ John F Kennedy

Comment

Originally posted by Bluemayskye View Post
                As far as I know, the concept of alternate realities is a theory created to fill in gaps in our knowledge, kinda like dark matter. Not saying it is true or false, just pointing out the lack of concrete evidence. I may be that we cannot know; kinda like not being able to imagine a color never seen, we cannot understand a reality we have not witnessed.
                The only way to experience the truth in reality is through not only referring to it, but also by actually believing in what you are denoting, as the truth and reality are only knowable and experienceable in and through participating in and with it at the same time, or in other words by participating with it right NOW or in the present tense. There is no pretending with the truth or reality, you either know it through your cooperation and participation with it or you don't know it. And pretending one does, just keeps them from experiencing the truth in reality.

Originally posted by Bluemayskye View Post
                Same goes for this concept of perception driven reality where we not only see, hear and feel but are part of what makes seeing hearing and feeling reality.
                Actually the truth is not knowable and experienceable through what we "see, hear and feel”, but rather the truth and reality is only knowable and experienceable to us through what we believe in reality about what we “see, hear and feel” right now instead. So, that's not physical senses based knowledge, but rather a belief based knowledge instead.

doesn't want you to know
                makes the truth unknown

Comment

Originally posted by America View Post
                  Prove it.
                  You are the one suggesting that more than one reality can exist at the same time and not me at all. So, if more than one reality can exist at the same time, then explain how you can know that more than one reality can exist at the same time? As if only one reality is knowable at a time, then it is logically impossible to know of more than one reality existing at the same time. And because you cannot logically show how more than one reality can be known at the same time, then that is the proof that only one reality can exist. Understand?
                  doesn't want you to know
                  makes the truth unknown

Comment

Thanks in advance.
                    Is heaven another reality?

With all the conflicting religious beliefs in the world, they can’t all be right. But they can all be wrong.
                    Herb Silverman.

Comment

Originally posted by aussiedave View Post
                      Is heaven another reality?
                      No, rather heaven exists in reality as well.
                      doesn't want you to know
                      makes the truth unknown

Comment

You are the one suggesting that [.. bzzzzt ..]
                        You made this claim: Yes, only one reality exists.

Prove it.
                        a nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.
                        ~ John F Kennedy

Comment

Thanks in advance.
                          What is reality?

Comment

Originally posted by tiburon View Post

What is reality?
                            It seems to me that "reality" is the most all-encompassing noun there is; it's the set of all things that exist. If an immaterial or supernatural realm exists, it isn't part of our world, but it is part of reality. If other universes exist, then they aren't part of our space-time continuum, but they are part of reality. By that definition, there could only be one reality. If we speak a little more loosely, and other universes are "multiple realities," then we don't know that there could only be one reality.
                            I promise that if you treat me as a reasonable person -- someone who is open to good arguments and clear explanations -- I will treat you as one in return.

If, on the other hand, you don't consider me a reasonable person, why would you want to talk to me, and why would I want to listen to you?

Comment

Mankind can not IMAGINE the Universe.

We can Imagine the Earth, the Solar System, even the Galaxy, some of us can Even imagine other Galaxies around our Galaxy, but we can not IMAGINE the Universe, To say that there is not other Universes is unimaginable as we can not Imagine the Universe itself.

The Universe is outside of the Imagination of the Human mind.

Any Human that says they can Imagine the Universe is a LIAR, thus if there are other Universes is not even Imaginable.

Always a side thought in this,

Where was God when He created the Universe?
                              Last edited by Forgiven Child; 09-07-19, 02:52 AM.
                              Pro 8:13 The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.

Comment

Working...
                              X