Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

What makes him so angry?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What makes him so angry?

You know who I mean: the angriest poster in CARM history, the one who is constantly chewing out the God He doesn't believe in for doing something he doesn't believe ever happened, i.e, drowning babies. The one who is also angry that other people believe in this God that he doesn't. The one who constantly preens his moral feathers like a peacock pharisee, proclaiming and fuming how much more moral he is than God. As I've said before, this sort of atheistic anger puzzles me, this hating of someone one thinks is fictitious, no matter how evil. After all, who spends that amount of time making posts railing against Cruella Devillle?

But then he said something earlier today that might partially explain his constant grumpiness and angry irascibility. It is his wish, he said, to "eradicate Christianity."

1. He probably recognizes that he has made no headway in bringing about the fulfillment of this Stalinist wish, and this makes him mad. He feels incompetent.

2. He is aware that in the country in which he lives, a majority believe in the God who makes him so angry, to the point where when, for example, he goes grocery shopping, he sees the guy in front of him in the check-out line and can't help thinking to himself, "Grrrrr, chances are that that guy believes in a god that drowns babies, and has no problem with it." And all these people make him realize how many beliefs he must eradicate.

Thank God for CARM. Imagine if he had no outlet for his seething?

He knows he has no chance of ever seeing his desire come to fruition, at least not in his lifetime. And that leaves him with no hope.

It's very sad, but the good news is that even though I cannot see through the smoke of all his venomous posts to determine how much of this anger is sincere and how much is pathetically meant to cultivate an image of a iconoclastic rebel (as if they weren't a dime a dozen these days), God can see into his heart, and will, unlike me, lovingly deal with him accordingly.
    Signature? You want a signature? I'll show you a signature!
    John Hancock

I just figured that the Holy Spirit is convicting him of his sin, and the rage-filled reactions are all he has left.

Keep praying for him.

And remember,

Hosea 9:7.
    some various translations.

BSB The days of punishment have come; the days of retribution have arrived— let Israel know it. The prophet is called a fool, and the inspired man insane, because of the greatness of your iniquity and hostility.

HNV The days of visitation have come. The days of reckoning have come. Israel will consider the prophet to be a fool, and the man who is inspired to be insane, because of the abundance of your sins, and because your hostility is great.

LEB The days of punishment have come; the days of retribution have come; Israel knows! The prophet is a fool, the man of the spirit is acting like a madman. Because of the greatness of your sin, your hostility is great.

LEB The days of punishment have come; the days of retribution have come; Israel knows! The prophet is a fool, the man of the spirit is acting like a madman. Because of the greatness of your sin, your hostility is great.

LXX2012UK The days of vengeance are come, the days of your recompense are come; and Israel shall be afflicted as the prophet that is mad, as a man deranged: by reason of the multitude of your iniquities your madness has abounded.

T4T It is now the time for Yahweh to punish you, to pay you back for all the sins that you have committed. You people will soon know that. You have committed very many sins, and you very much hate Yahweh. You consider that the prophets are foolish, and you think that those who proclaim messages from him are crazy.

WEB The days of visitation have come. The days of reckoning have come. Israel will consider the prophet to be a fool, and the man who is inspired to be insane, because of the abundance of your sins, and because your hostility is great.

Thus, his rage is due to the greatness of his iniquity and the condemnation that rests on him.
    God is real. He can be known. You only cheat yourself by giving what you call reasons, and are nothing more than excuses. There's an old saying:
    an excuse is nothing more than a skin of reason, over a skeleton of lies.

Comment

Originally posted by stiggywiggy View Post
      You know who I mean: the angriest poster in CARM history, the one who is constantly chewing out the God He doesn't believe in for doing something he doesn't believe ever happened, i.e, drowning babies. The one who is also angry that other people believe in this God that he doesn't. The one who constantly preens his moral feathers like a peacock pharisee, proclaiming and fuming how much more moral he is than God. As I've said before, this sort of atheistic anger puzzles me, this hating of someone one thinks is fictitious, no matter how evil. After all, who spends that amount of time making posts railing against Cruella Devillle?

But then he said something earlier today that might partially explain his constant grumpiness and angry irascibility. It is his wish, he said, to "eradicate Christianity."

1. He probably recognizes that he has made no headway in bringing about the fulfillment of this Stalinist wish, and this makes him mad. He feels incompetent.

2. He is aware that in the country in which he lives, a majority believe in the God who makes him so angry, to the point where when, for example, he goes grocery shopping, he sees the guy in front of him in the check-out line and can't help thinking to himself, "Grrrrr, chances are that that guy believes in a god that drowns babies, and has no problem with it." And all these people make him realize how many beliefs he must eradicate.

He knows he has no chance of ever seeing his desire come to fruition, at least not in his lifetime. And that leaves him with no hope.

It's very sad, but the good news is that even though I cannot see through the smoke of all his venomous posts to determine how much of this anger is sincere and how much is pathetically meant to cultivate an image of a iconoclastic rebel (as if they weren't a dime a dozen these days), God can see into his heart, and will, unlike me, lovingly deal with him accordingly.
      "ERADICATE Christianity through reasoning with words" was what I read. Do you not have the same desire for Islam, atheism, etc.?
      The "fear and pain", but this isn’t how I AM
      Don’t you forget that you are loved
      Don’t you forget that you are them

Devin Townsend - Spirits Will Collide

Comment

You know who I mean: the angriest poster in CARM history, the one who is constantly chewing out the God He doesn't believe in for doing something he doesn't believe ever happened, i.e, drowning babies.
        I am not sure who you mean, but I suspect he is pointing out inconsistencies in Christian theology, and hence that Christianity is not true.

The one who is also angry that other people believe in this God that he doesn't.
        Yeah, like all those Christians getting angry people do not believe in their pet vision of God. Or perhaps it is just that you only encounter this guy in a forum specifically set up to argue that particular subject. Could be either, I suppose.

The one who constantly preens his moral feathers like a peacock pharisee, proclaiming and fuming how much more moral he is than God.
        I know! Low hanging fruits right?

Seriously, anyone who does not torture billions is more moral that God. What makes that guy think he is so special!

As I've said before, this sort of atheistic anger puzzles me, this hating of someone one thinks is fictitious, no matter how evil. After all, who spends that amount of time making posts railing against Cruella Devillle?
        But then, there are no huge organisations trying to convince people Cruella Devillle is real, and that we should all live our lives according to the rules they say Cruella Devillle gave them. Perhaps if there was he would argue against them.

Comment

I tried to figure out which is more relevant, and decided one and two are equally relevant to the Angry Poster.

He feels incompetent to bring about his change, and is still quite angry that anyone believes God, but don't believe him.

And then I thought, this place is his swan song, the CARM atheist forum.

If he can't make it here, and he can't, he can't make it anywhere.
          “An atheist has to know a lot more than I know. An atheist is someone who knows there is no God.”
          Carl Sagan

God is love.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluemayskye View Post

"ERADICATE Christianity through reasoning with words" was what I read. Do you not have the same desire for Islam, atheism, etc.?
            It is not the believers job to eradicate the sins of silly men. You should know this, seeing how you like to portray yourself as a Christian.

For instance, who would there be to rail against God night and day, other than people like Angry Poster?

The Lord will ignobly bring people like this down, along with the religion of peace, when He brings all evil down to it's grave.

Your job, if you so choose, is to warn the Angry Poster that all his plans will amount to naught, all his railing is futile, all his accusations fall at the feet of the saints.

It's a difficult job, not for everyone. No "eradication" necessary. Let the chaff grow with the wheat, and God will sift it out.
            “An atheist has to know a lot more than I know. An atheist is someone who knows there is no God.”
            Carl Sagan

God is love.

Comment

Originally posted by The Pixie View Post
              I am not sure who you mean, but I suspect he is pointing out inconsistencies in Christian theology, and hence that Christianity is not true.
              Nope. Wrong guy. That would be you. This guy is the opposite of you. He points out consistencies, which to him proves that God hates.

Yeah, like all those Christians getting angry people do not believe in their pet vision of God.
              Who would that be?

Seriously, anyone who does not torture billions is more moral that God.
              God tortures no one and in fact saves from torture. You're ignorant.

What makes that guy think he is so special
              You got me. Maybe because he thinks he's the chosen one (but by whom?) to lead the charge in the eradication of Christianity?

But then, there are no huge organisations trying to convince people Cruella Devillle is real, and that we should all live our lives according to the rules they say Cruella Devillle gave them. Perhaps if there was he would argue against them.
              Then he should be a fan of Paul, who in Galatians rails against seeing Christianity as a matter of living life according to rules.

John Hancock

Comment

No.
                John Hancock

Comment

Originally posted by SteveB View Post
                  I just figured that the Holy Spirit is convicting him of his sin, and the rage-filled reactions are all he has left.

Keep praying for him.
                  I do. Every day. God will not override his free will, which he denies he has, but the Holy Spirit can convict and continue to make him miserable for his own good. It's just too bad his misery is accompanied by such tiresome anger.
                  John Hancock

Comment

I do. Every day. God will not override his free will, which he denies he has, but the Holy Spirit can convict and continue to make him miserable for his own good. It's just too bad his misery is accompanied by such tiresome anger.
                    Agreed.

The gospel however is greater than his anger, and rage.

God is real. He can be known. You only cheat yourself by giving what you call reasons, and are nothing more than excuses. There's an old saying:

Comment

Indeed a curious thought.

How do you overthrow the truth, just because your ability to perceive reality is so myopic that you are not able to view the totality of reality?

Isa 55:6-12 WEB 6 Seek Yahweh while he may be found. Call on him while he is near. 7 Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts. Let him return to Yahweh, and he will have mercy on him, to our God, for he will freely pardon. 8 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, and your ways are not my ways,” says Yahweh. 9 “For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. 10 For as the rain comes down and the snow from the sky, and doesn’t return there, but waters the earth, and makes it grow and bud, and gives seed to the sower and bread to the eater; 11 so is my word that goes out of my mouth: it will not return to me void, but it will accomplish that which I please, and it will prosper in the thing I sent it to do. 12 For you shall go out with joy, and be led out with peace. The mountains and the hills will break out before you into singing; and all the trees of the fields will clap their hands.

God's view of reality exceeds our views, indeed beyond the sum total of all human history and knowledge that ours is like a drop in the bucket.

Isa 40:12 WEB Who has measured the waters in the hollow of his hand, and marked off the sky with his span, and calculated the dust of the earth in a measuring basket, and weighed the mountains in scales, and the hills in a balance?

We understand that the atheist seeks to overthrow what you believe is a lie. But you're not going to know until you turn to him from your sin and place your trust in Jesus.

Comment

You're a funny guy, Stigs

You take issue with my assertion that I am morally superior to God {ignoring, of course, that I simultaneously claim that most every human being on earth is, likewise, morally superior to God} presumably on the basis that it is a prideful sin to place one's self on par with God - much less above and beyond Him. This doesn't stop you, however, from turning around and offering an {unsolicited, I might add} assessment of my motivations, my mood and my character both here and away from CARM. In the process, you flirt dangerously with pridefully placing your own self on par with God.

In fact, isn't that precisely what you are doing here, Stiggy? Playing God, when you are pretending to know what I am thinking and feeling at a grocery store and then taking it upon yourself to proclaim it to others? For as often as you have accused me of being angry and for as often as your hostile posts have landed you a suspension, one cannot help but suspect that perhaps it is you who has an issue with anger?

You do realize, don't you, that this is a forum dedicated to atheism, agnosticism, and secular humanism? Has it never occurred to you, then, that one should reasonably expect to encounter not only arguments FOR atheism, agnosticism, and secular humanism, but also arguments AGAINST religion in general and the Christian faith in particular while perusing this forum?

I realize that this will fall upon deaf ears, but I'll go ahead and correct a few things for you anyway:

1. I am not an angry person

2. The god described throughout scripture is immoral

3. Were it not for millions of people believing in God and deriving their moralities from this warped source - I wouldn't be "chewing Him out"

4. Were it not for millions of people believing in Jesus Christ and deriving their moralities from this twisted source - I wouldn't be pursuing the eradication of Christianity

Speaking of the eradication of Christianity, it is to be achieved through means of reasoning with words. This forum is just one venue wherein that endeavor is being pursued by atheists of all stripes, whether they are conscious of it or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Treeplanter View Post

You take issue with my assertion that I am morally superior to God {ignoring, of course, that I simultaneously claim that most every human being on earth is, likewise, morally superior to God} presumably on the basis that it is a prideful sin to place one's self on par with God - much less above and beyond Him. This doesn't stop you, however, from turning around and offering an {unsolicited, I might add} assessment of my motivations, my mood and my character both here and away from CARM. In the process, you flirt dangerously with pridefully placing your own self on par with God.

In fact, isn't that precisely what you are doing here, Stiggy? Playing God, when you are pretending to know what I am thinking and feeling at a grocery store and then taking it upon yourself to proclaim it to others? For as often as you have accused me of being angry and for as often as your hostile posts have landed you a suspension, one cannot help but suspect that perhaps it is you who has an issue with anger?

You do realize, don't you, that this is a forum dedicated to atheism, agnosticism, and secular humanism? Has it never occurred to you, then, that one should reasonably expect to encounter not only arguments FOR atheism, agnosticism, and secular humanism, but also arguments AGAINST religion in general and the Christian faith in particular while perusing this forum?

I realize that this will fall upon deaf ears, but I'll go ahead and correct a few things for you anyway:

3. Were it not for millions of people believing in God and deriving their moralities from this warped source - I wouldn't be "chewing Him out"

4. Were it not for millions of people believing in Jesus Christ and deriving their moralities from this twisted source - I wouldn't be pursuing the eradication of Christianity

Speaking of the eradication of Christianity, it is to be achieved through means of reasoning with words. This forum is just one venue wherein that endeavor is being pursued by atheists of all stripes, whether they are conscious of it or not.
                          Christianity has been alive for 1986 years.
                          it has risen, and fallen in popularity, but there is a core that you'd have to obliterate to silence it.

That's not including the fact that in history, the greater the violence perpetrated against the people of the gospel, the greater the rise in its ranks.

Jesus was quite clear that the gates of hell would not prevail against the church.

So, reason?

Atheism is the least reasonable ideology on the planet.

You should stop talking and start studying history.

Comment

Ya no, it's billions.

Even striped atheists, conscious or not, are incapable of eradicating anything. They can't even eradicate misogyny from among you. Start there maybe.
                            Carl Sagan

God is love.

Comment

Thanks. Did you hear the one about the guy who angrily spewed hate out on Lucas McCain's enemy?

You take issue with my assertion that I am morally superior to God {ignoring, of course, that I simultaneously claim that most every human being on earth is, likewise, morally superior to God}
                              Yeah, yeah, because we don't drown babies we have created and thereby save them from evil by resurrecting them to safety.

presumably on the basis that it is a prideful sin to place one's self on par with God - much less above and beyond Him. This doesn't stop you, however, from turning around and offering an {unsolicited, I might add} assessment of my motivations, my mood and my character both here and away from CARM.
                              So you're only surly at CARM?

But why are you so much angrier than all the other atheists here? You could at least temper your hateful anger with some humor like Carlin did in his old age when he got cranky. Not you. You just keep angrily and humorlessly repeating that God is immoral,

See? Same old tired and angry mantra.

He handled the 39 lashes and the scoffing of the Roman soldiers, so I'm sure He can handle your puny fist shaking.

Making progress? Kinda like Icarus pursuing the eradication of gravity?
                              John Hancock

Comment

Working...
                              X