Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Christians, why did your deity fail Jarrid Wilson?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christians, why did your deity fail Jarrid Wilson?

A mega-church pastor, Jarrid Wilson, died by suicide this week. My question is why your deity failed him when he was most in need? The amount of pain and suffering a person would have to be in to make them decide to end their own life has to be extreme. If we assume your deity to both exist and have the knowledge/power to help Jarrid, wouldn't it be unloving and immoral to not help him?

https://edition-m.cnn.com/2019/09/11...ide/index.html
    "All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit." - Thomas Paine - THE AGE OF REASON

Originally posted by bob1 View Post
    A mega-church pastor, Jarrid Wilson, died by suicide this week. My question is why your deity failed him when he was most in need? The amount of pain and suffering a person would have to be in to make them decide to end their own life has to be extreme. If we assume your deity to both exist and have the knowledge/power to help Jarrid, wouldn't it be unloving and immoral to not help him?

Why did yer deity fail Darwinist Hitler?

Last thing he did was kill a Nazi.

Why do Nazis claim their Hitler was a "Christian"?

I have never heard of Jarrid.

You religion supports pro-deather abortion

Comment

Satan will destroy anyone that allows him into their life!! Their choice!!!

Comment

Did the deity really fail Jarrid Wilson?

You have no idea what Jarrid Wilson was going through. You have no idea of how many people Jarrid Wilson helped through his ministry.

For you to even ask that question is a disgrace.

Comment

Originally posted by CrowCross View Post

You have no idea what Jarrid Wilson was going through. You have no idea of how many people Jarrid Wilson helped through his ministry.

Elijah had a low moment

When Elijah finally quit running he sat down under a juniper tree and asked God to let him die. “I’ve had it, Lord,” he said, “take my life for I am no better than my ancestors” (1 Kings 19:4).

Comment

Originally posted by Nouveau View Post

Elijah had a low moment

The mocking proponents. against God forget humans live in a fallen world.

Comment

Never heard of him. What proof do you have that whoever this guy is, he ever reached out to God, for God to have failed him? But you seized on a tragic event for what you thought was a gotcha moment, didn't you? Such atheistic compassion.
              Signature? You want a signature? I'll show you a signature!
              John Hancock

Comment

I have to agree with Crow.

You really have no idea what Jarrid was experiencing or dealing with.

That said, as followers of Jesus we have a dimension to life that you lack because you are spiritually dead in your sin and trespass, Ephesians 2:1.

It's not that God failed Jarrid as much as it is Jarrid got stuck somewhere in between this life and the next, and lost sight of God.

Most people who follow Jesus experience this on some level or another.

Elijah experienced it, as have most of the people in the bible.

Jesus himself experienced something like it in the garden of gethsemane.

Tell you what....

Why don't you take the time to read the bible for the purpose of understanding, then you can get a glimpse into the dynamics of being a follower of Jesus and the impact the world has on us.

A good place to start is Romans. 2 Corinthians 4 is another.

https://twitter.com/edstetzer/status...713735680?s=19

https://www.facebook.com/45515101697...7350912746698/

The Facebook link is to the page of the lead pastor at the church Jarrid worked at
                God is real. He can be known. You only cheat yourself by giving what you call reasons, and are nothing more than excuses. There's an old saying:
                an excuse is nothing more than a skin of reason, over a skeleton of lies.

Comment

Originally posted by stiggywiggy View Post

Never heard of him. What proof do you have that whoever this guy is, he ever reached out to God, for God to have failed him? But you seized on a tragic event for what you thought was a gotcha moment, didn't you? Such atheistic compassion.
                  He was an associate pastor at Harvest Christian Fellowship in Riverside, California.
                  one of the earlier offshoots of the Calvary Chapel fellowship in Costa Mesa.

God is real. He can be known. You only cheat yourself by giving what you call reasons, and are nothing more than excuses. There's an old saying:
                  an excuse is nothing more than a skin of reason, over a skeleton of lies.

Comment

A mega-church pastor, Jarrid Wilson, died by suicide this week. My question is why your deity failed him when he was most in need?
                    Perhaps our Deity knew something about Mr. Wilson that we do not?
                    THE BIBLE SAYS IT, THAT SETTLES IT.

Comment

Why did yer deity fail Darwinist Hitler?

Last thing he did was kill a Nazi.

Why do Nazis claim their Hitler was a "Christian"?

I have never heard of Jarrid.

You religion supports pro-deather abortion
                      I don't have a deity... I'm an atheist. But thanks for trying.
                      "All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit." - Thomas Paine - THE AGE OF REASON

Comment

Originally posted by GISMYS View Post

Satan will destroy anyone that allows him into their life!! Their choice!!!
                        But Jarrid was a Christian and a pastor, and Matthew Warren was a Christian as well. Why did your deity fail to protect them and take care of them?

Comment

Assuming your deity exists... yea, we can conclude that said deity failed Jarrid (just as he did Matthew Warren). Obviously he was going through something profoundly painful and crushing, such that he eventually ended his own life. So why didn't your deity heal/fix him? Why didn't your deity take away or remedy whatever situation or circumstance that was hurting him so terribly that he ended his life?
                          Who or how ever many people he helped is irrelevant to the obvious fact that HE, Jarrid, didn't receive the help that HE NEEDED.

Your attempts to dodge the question and issue are telling.

Comment

Elijah had a low moment

Doesn't answer my question.

Comment

The mocking proponents. against God forget humans live in a fallen world.
                              And this doesn't answer my question either.

Comment

Working...
                              X