Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

An ordinary man

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An ordinary man

I'm often bewildered by the bizzare fantasies that some religious fundamentalists have about me as an atheist.
    In fact I'm a rather ordinary man.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xRf...ew?usp=sharing
    As you can see, I have no particularly distinguishing features.
    I work a steady job as a cook and dishwasher in a very good restaurant
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/17un...ew?usp=sharing
    ... where I get along well with my co-workers.
    ... and I own a share in a rather nice sailboat.

I volunteer in my community, and tend to treat others as I would want to be treated, until they go far overboard in demonstrating their own lack of similar ideals.
    I read a lot of books. And I have a deep curiosity about the world around me.
    I was a christian for some 14 years of my life, and am now an ex-christian for over 30 years.

I dont buy any unsupported claims about gods, the same way I dont buy claims about magic or psychic powers.
    I consider gods to be as nonsensical as elves, fairies, or space aliens.

When evil is powerful, good men are silenced.

Originally posted by D Laurier View Post
    I'm often bewildered by the bizzare fantasies that some religious fundamentalists have about me as an atheist.

I volunteer in my community, and tend to treat others as I would want to be treated, until they go far overboard in demonstrating their own lack of similar ideals.
    I was a christian for some 14 years of my life, and am now an ex-christian for over 30 years.

I dont buy any unsupported claims about gods, the same way I dont buy claims about magic or psychic powers.

The problem is, you don't seem to try to understand other points of view.

Have you ever sailed the Chesapeake?

Comment

I've never really given you that much thought other than wondering if you owned a haberdashery shop.
      Signature? You want a signature? I'll show you a signature!
      John Hancock

Comment

I've only wondered whether a strong ocean breeze blows your hat off, and whether a haircut is in order.
        “An atheist has to know a lot more than I know. An atheist is someone who knows there is no God.”
        Carl Sagan

God is love.

Comment

I volunteer in my community, and tend to treat others as I would want to be treated,
          With the exception of taking your shotgun to someone's wife, who is witnessing to your kids ... right?

Amazing how someone who normally wouldn't hurt a fly suddenly turns violent in the presence of a Bible-toting (or tract-distributing) Christian.
          THE BIBLE SAYS IT, THAT SETTLES IT.

Comment

Originally posted by AV1611VET View Post
            With the exception of taking your shotgun to someone's wife, who is witnessing to your kids ... right?
            Wrong.

Amazing how someone who normally wouldn't hurt a fly suddenly turns violent in the presence of a Bible-toting (or tract-distributing) Christian
            Ot would be, if it ever happened.
            But outside of Jack Chick tracts, it doesn't happen.
            What does happen, is that concerned parents tend to not let pedophiles steal their kids.
            And if a total stranger is acting like a pedophile, parents are right to protect their kids.

Comment

Originally posted by CrowCross View Post

The problem is, you don't seem to try to understand other points of view.
              Alas, I tend to try to understand many points of view.
              But if you want me to buy your magic beans, you better show me clear evidence that they work

Have you ever sailed the Chesapeake?
              No.

Comment

And if a total stranger is acting like a pedophile,
                And just how does a pedophile act?

Comment

Alas, summer is ending.

we are getting ready for that other season, that we dont like so much.

Comment

Maybe taking the boat out later today.
                    The sun is coming out, so yeah. Lets do it.
                    You people try to have a good day.
                    Take care and be well.

Comment

Maybe taking the boat out later today.
                      The sun is coming out, so yeah. Lets do it.
                      You people try to have a good day.
                      Take care and be well.
                      I should report you.

Comment

Originally posted by AV1611VET View Post

I should report you.
                        For?
                        My failure to violate any posted rules, has not stopped you from resorting to malicious abuse of the [report post] function before.
                        But what excuse will you use?
                        Indeed what excuse did you use last time? I still have no idea.
                        It would help if you did the honest thing, which is to actually communicate clearly.
                        What is it about decency that angers you so much?
                        You come across as a cartoon villain.

Maybe you need to get some perspective.

Comment

Alas, summer is ending.
                          we are getting ready for that other season, that we dont like so much.
                          Snow mobile ridin, ice fishin, and a trip to the florida keys will help with that.
                          “An atheist has to know a lot more than I know. An atheist is someone who knows there is no God.”
                          Carl Sagan

God is love.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesTheLesser View Post

Snow mobile ridin, ice fishin, and a trip to the florida keys will help with that.
                            lol.

Comment

video
                              It's rock, paper, scissors ... not rock, trees, water.

Comment

Working...
                              X