X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SteveB View Post

I'm neither Buddhist nor hindu.

I wouldn't know what to look for.
    Then you made it up, but you won't admit it.

Originally posted by SteveB View Post
    What I do have is practical evidence in the form of newspaper articles that show Buddhists and Hindus causing great injury or death to former adherents who left and became Christians.
    This is a different question to the claim you made, that the penalty for apostasy in Hinduism and Buddhism is death.

So, since you obviously need to be right, you're more than welcome to search and find the supporting evidence to your claim.

Otherwise the news articles stand to show that my opinion is correct.
    That's wrong. We want you to be honest. What else have you lied about?

"My own suspicion is that the universe is not only queerer than we suppose, but queerer than we can suppose." JBS Haldane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whatsisface View Post

You made the claim, it's your burden of proof to show what you based that claim on, if anything.

So why did you make the claim? What did you base it on? When are you going to discuss this in an honest manner?
      I already have. It's called news media articles.
      you've claimed otherwise, so you can provide evidence otherwise.

Failure to do so just demonstrates to me that you don't actually know what you're talking about.

so, stop embarrassing yourself and provide the evidence you claim exists.

The thing that you apparently don't want to consider is that until I began seeing the news reports coming out of the east, it never dawned on me that Hindus would hurt, let alone kill a departee who became a Christian.
      I grew up with the same stories about their being afraid to step on a bug, lest they be condemned to a reincarnated life as a bug, who could have been a relative.

Same goes with Buddhists.

I never would have given a thought to such behaviors from either group of people.

It just seemed beyond belief that such violence would be perpetrated against Christians who left their former beliefs behind.

But evidence has, and is surfacing that says otherwise. So telling me that practitioners of those beliefs who violate their own beliefs isn't based on their own writings is incoherence to me.

Why would they abandon so fundamental a set of standards to commit violence against Christian people who were once in those other faiths.....

God is real. He can be known. You only cheat yourself by giving what you call reasons, and are nothing more than excuses. There's an old saying:
      an excuse is nothing more than a skin of reason, over a skeleton of lies.

Comment

Then you made it up, but you won't admit it.

This is a different question to the claim you made, that the penalty for apostasy in Hinduism and Buddhism is death.

That's wrong. We want you to be honest. What else have you lied about?
        Deal with it.

Your failure to provide evidence is simply proving that you really have no clue what you are talking about.
        God is real. He can be known. You only cheat yourself by giving what you call reasons, and are nothing more than excuses. There's an old saying:

Comment

I already have. It's called news media articles.
          you've claimed otherwise, so you can provide evidence otherwise.
          The news articles have nothing to do with your false claim that the penalty for apostasy in Hinduism and Buddhism is death. When are you going to start discussing things in an honest manner?

"My own suspicion is that the universe is not only queerer than we suppose, but queerer than we can suppose." JBS Haldane.

Comment

Deal with it.
            Deal with what? The fact that you made a false claim and your unwillingness to discuss things in an honest manner?

Comment

The news articles have nothing to do with your false claim that the penalty for apostasy in Hinduism and Buddhism is death. When are you going to start discussing things in an honest manner?

I wouldn't know.
              I'm neither a hindu, nor a Buddhist sophisticate.

All I know is what I read, and what I heard over the past 48 years.

So, you're going to have to do better than just giving me your opinion.

Besides, wasn't it you who once said that opinions are worthless because everyone gas one, and it doesn't cost anything to give it, or something like that?

Comment

Deal with what? The fact that you made a false claim and your unwillingness to discuss things in an honest manner?
                Then stop throwing temper tantrums.
                this is really quite simple.

Put up or shut up.

That's what it means when you're told deal with it.

Comment

I wouldn't know.
                  I'm neither a hindu, nor a Buddhist sophisticate.
                  Then why make the claim as if you do know? That's what you did.

All I know is what I read, and what I heard over the past 48 years.
                  Which is what? You've certainly given nothing to back up your claim so far.

Comment

Then stop throwing temper tantrums.
                    this is really quite simple.

Put up or shut up.

That's what it means when you're told deal with it.
                    Incredible. You're then one insulting left, right and centre because people have the temerity to point out when you make a blatantly false claim and you refuse to acknowledge it.

Comment

Then why make the claim as if you do know? That's what you did.

Which is what? You've certainly given nothing to back up your claim so far.

I stated that above. You're more than welcome to actually read.

Comment

Incredible. You're then one insulting left, right and centre because people have the temerity to point out when you make a blatantly false claim and you refuse to acknowledge it.
                        You're more than welcome to do the research to back up your opinions.

Comment

I'm neither Buddhist nor hindu.

I wouldn't know what to look for.
                          Then donít make claims that rely upon an understanding of Hindu and Buddhist scripture. Seems obvious.

What I do have is practical evidence in the form of newspaper articles that show Buddhists and Hindus causing great injury or death to former adherents who left and became Christians.
                          Which has ZERO to do with your claim. If I claim that the Bible talks about subway trains, I cannot use as proof newspaper articles that shows Christians rising subway trains. I also cannot claim I am correct until you show the Bible not discussing subway trains. Since the Bible never mentions subway trains, there are no scriptures that show the Bible doesnít mention subway trains. Do you now see how silly you are acting?

So, since you obviously need to be right, you're more than welcome to search and find the supporting evidence to your claim.
                          i have no need to be right. Your claim is wrong. That is fact.

There are no hindu or Buddhist scriptures that say what you claimed. If there are, YOU can prove that YOU are correct by quoting those scriptures that do what you say they do. I can no more show something Buddhist and Hindu scriptures DONT mention than you can show Bible verses that donít mention subway trains.

Otherwise the news articles stand to show that my opinion is correct.
                          Not unless the news articles provide a Hindu or Buddhist verse that proves what you claimed. A news article describing Christians rising subway trains is not proof that the Bible talks about subway trains.

Comment

I stated that above. You're more than welcome to actually read.
                            No you didn't. More falsehood.

Comment

You're more than welcome to do the research to back up your opinions.
                              This has nothing to do with the fact that you made a blatantly false claim can't admit it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zaphod View Post

Then don’t make claims that rely upon an understanding of Hindu and Buddhist scripture. Seems obvious.

Which has ZERO to do with your claim. If I claim that the Bible talks about subway trains, I cannot use as proof newspaper articles that shows Christians rising subway trains. I also cannot claim I am correct until you show the Bible not discussing subway trains. Since the Bible never mentions subway trains, there are no scriptures that show the Bible doesn’t mention subway trains. Do you now see how silly you are acting?

i have no need to be right. Your claim is wrong. That is fact.

There are no hindu or Buddhist scriptures that say what you claimed. If there are, YOU can prove that YOU are correct by quoting those scriptures that do what you say they do. I can no more show something Buddhist and Hindu scriptures DONT mention than you can show Bible verses that don’t mention subway trains.

Not unless the news articles provide a Hindu or Buddhist verse that proves what you claimed. A news article describing Christians rising subway trains is not proof that the Bible talks about subway trains.
                                Actually it's obvious you have every need to be right otherwise you never would have even thought about responding to this and making such a stink about it.

Your several posts prove otherwise...

That you're not willing to acknowledge that and simply own it is proof that you have every need to be right.

so, since you've obviously stepped into the nest of vipers, and keep arguing, just go do the research and provide the evidence that you are in fact right, and justify your actions.

Comment

Working...
                                X