Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

By their fruits ye shall know them. No trooooooo pineapple tree .......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• By their fruits ye shall know them. No trooooooo pineapple tree .......

Atheist: "Christians kill Jews."

Christian: "If they kill a Jew because he's a Jew, he's not a Christian."

Atheist: "That's the old 'no trooooooooooooooo Christian excuse' and circular logic."

Christian: "Can a pineapple tree produce corn?"

Atheist: "Of course not. No true pineapple tree can produce corn."

Christian: "Ah, you finally learned how to spell 'true'."

Murder is not a fruit of the spirit.
    Signature? You want a signature? I'll show you a signature!
    John Hancock

Agreed, no actual loving god would drown a planet full of people or build a place of fiery torment and allow humans to go there. Therefore, Biblegod is not an actual loving god.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaphod View Post
      Agreed, no actual loving god would drown a planet full of people or build a place of fiery torment and allow humans to go there. Therefore, Biblegod is not an actual loving god.
      Actually, only a loving God would let his Son die at the hands of sinners to prevent a planet full of people from going to a fiery torment!
      Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that need not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. 2 Timothy 2:15

Comment

Therefore, Biblegod is not an actual loving god.
        Not interested in this Biblegod guy you often babble about.
        John Hancock

Comment

Originally posted by Sower View Post

Actually, only a loving God would let his Son die at the hands of sinners to prevent a planet full of people from going to a fiery torment!
          Is that because the loving god commanded the blood sacrifices of first born sons to itself (Ex 22:29-30)?
          ... always look on the bright side of life - Idle Cleese

Comment

No, a loving god would never design or build such a place to begin with. You wouldnít call somebody loving for building a torture pit and throwing you in it if you donít do what he tells you.

Comment

You wouldn’t call somebody loving for building a torture pit and throwing you in it if you don’t do what he tells you.
              I agree. But what's that got to do with anything?
              John Hancock

Comment

Ah! So it is turn or burn.
                Wonderful.
                With all the conflicting religious beliefs in the world, they can’t all be right. But they can all be wrong.
                Herb Silverman.

Comment

No, a loving god would never design or build such a place to begin with. You wouldn’t call somebody loving for building a torture pit and throwing you in it if you don’t do what he tells you.
                  I'm sure glad I don't know your god. Whatever your version of heaven is, all the murderers would be there without any justice for their victims. All the rapists would be there, without any justice for their victims. All the genocidal maniacs, despots, tyrants, and war lords would be there without any justice for their victims.

You go right ahead and enjoy such a place.

I'll stick with YHVH's version. Justice is had for all. Victims are vindicated. Criminals who repent are forgiven and justified, because Jesus paid the price for their sin, and all who wanted nothing to do with God are given exactly what they want--- a place where they can spend their eternity completely separated from YHVH, whom they wanted nothing to do with.
                  And all sin is removed entirely from those who believe YHVH.

God is real. He can be known. You only cheat yourself by giving what you call reasons, and are nothing more than excuses. There's an old saying:
                  an excuse is nothing more than a skin of reason, over a skeleton of lies.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveB View Post

I'm sure glad I don't know your god. Whatever your version of heaven is, all the murderers would be there without any justice for their victims. All the rapists would be there, without any justice for their victims. All the genocidal maniacs, despots, tyrants, and war lords would be there without any justice for their victims.

You go right ahead and enjoy such a place.

I'll stick with YHVH's version. Justice is had for all. Victims are vindicated. Criminals who repent are forgiven and justified, because Jesus paid the price for their sin, and all who wanted nothing to do with God are given exactly what they want--- a place where they can spend their eternity completely separated from YHVH, whom they wanted nothing to do with.
                    And all sin is removed entirely from those who believe YHVH.
                    Your god isnít powerful enough to annihilate people instead of torture them? Provide an alternative to the lake of fire? Not make the torture endless?

Comment

Originally posted by stiggywiggy View Post
                      Atheist: "Christians kill Jews."

Christian: "If they kill a Jew because he's a Jew, he's not a Christian."
                      In other words Christians have killed and persecuted Jews for the last 2000 years because they're not Christians.

Murder is not a fruit of the spirit.
                      But Cainan's god protected him from revenge after he killed his brother Abel (Gen 4:15) even though it hasn't protected the Jews from Christian revenge and persecution (Matt 27:25).

Comment

Your god isn’t powerful enough to annihilate people instead of torture them? Provide an alternative to the lake of fire? Not make the torture endless?
                        It's written that For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable.

So, it's not that God isn't powerful enough, it's that he loves you enough to let you live with your choices.

And arguing with me about this isn't going to change it. I'll be among the first to admit that I don't fully understand it, but I do know that Love is far more powerful than people realize, and is willing to let them live with the consequences of their choices.

So..... it's reasonable to me that if you don't like the premise of living with the consequences of your decisions, you're going to want to consider making different choices/decisions.

YHVH has done everything to make sure that you don't spend your eternity in the lake of fire. Don't you think it'd behoove you to take him as seriously as Jesus took you, when he went to the cross, and hell to make sure you didn't have to?

Anyone who thinks that much of me, and takes me that seriously deserves at the very least, my time to investigate, and talk to him, to determine where I want to spend my eternity.

I did, and decided that the lake of fire wasn't a place where I'd want to spend my eternity, and since the price has been paid in full, I'm taking Jesus up on his offer.
                        I hope you do the same.
                        God is real. He can be known. You only cheat yourself by giving what you call reasons, and are nothing more than excuses. There's an old saying:

Comment

So, it's not that God isn't powerful enough, it's that he loves you enough to let you live with your choices.

And arguing with me about this isn't going to change it. I'll be among the first to admit that I don't fully understand it, but I do know that Love is far more powerful than people realize, and is willing to let them live with the consequences of their choices.

So..... it's reasonable to me that if you don't like the premise of living with the consequences of your decisions, you're going to want to consider making different choices/decisions.

YHVH has done everything to make sure that you don't spend your eternity in the lake of fire. Don't you think it'd behoove you to take him as seriously as Jesus took you, when he went to the cross, and hell to make sure you didn't have to?

Anyone who thinks that much of me, and takes me that seriously deserves at the very least, my time to investigate, and talk to him, to determine where I want to spend my eternity.

I did, and decided that the lake of fire wasn't a place where I'd want to spend my eternity, and since the price has been paid in full, I'm taking Jesus up on his offer.
                          I hope you do the same.
                          I canít imagine the sort of stupidity it takes to believe its good to have the only two options the Bible provides. And I donít believe things that sound incredibly stupid. Thatís why I canít believe the Bible. Especially when there is zero proof for its claims.

Comment

I hope you do the same.
                            So why wasn't Abraham's god bothered with that since Abraham and none of the other OT characters went to heaven (John 3:13) and were tossed into the lake of fire since they didn't repent and weren't born again or even Christians.

Comment

I can’t imagine the sort of stupidity it takes to believe its good to have the only two options the Bible provides. And I don’t believe things that sound incredibly stupid. That’s why I can’t believe the Bible. Especially when there is zero proof for its claims.
                              Your stupidity is my boon!

I'm ok that you believe we're stupid, that the bible is stupid, and that YHVH is Stupid.
                              And the nation of ISreal is the proof of its claims, as well as the existence of Jesus followers all over the earth.
                              We're one great big pile of stupid....
                              Kind of reminds me that just because cra8 is stupid doesn't mean it's not real.
                              So,,,, you go right ahead and think that your way is better.

Have a nice day.
                              Don't want to keep you from your stupidity.

Comment

Working...
                              X