Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Evolution and Extinctions...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tim H View Post

Scientists today know there was no such thing as a created kind.
    Heh, heh - more arguing from ignorance, amigo. Do you ever get anything right?

Evolution is promoted by its practitioners as more than mere science. Evolution is promulgated as an ideology, a secular religion—a full-fledged alternative to Christianity, with meaning and morality. ~ Michael Ruse, evolutionist

Comment

• Originally posted by Nathan p View Post
      No zero percent of the species could not have evolved new species because there were zero percent for the new species to have evolved from.
      You just said 10% still existed. They evolved from them.
      You see above you say Yes 0% evolve again" and then you say "From that surviving 10% (Now 100 percent of extant species) evolve all new species). Make up your mind either the zero percent evolved all new species or it was the 10 percent of the surviving ones that evolved all new species? And when I say again that means they are evolving again and not that the same species are evolving again.
      ok so it's the latter. Now we have arrived at what you mean by 'again' then we can ignore the other meaning of again (as in repeating the same species) which is whay I was refering to when I said "0% evolve again". There was no contradiction in what I said, just a different interpretation of the world 'again'.

Does the evidence for the origin of the universe indicate a supernatural cause? I have seen it claimed, but never supported.

Comment

• Originally posted by rook View Post

EDITED--DIVISIVE

See creation scientist Carolus Linnaeus. Educate yourself.
        There are as many species as the infinite being created diverse forms in the beginning, which, following the laws of generation, produced many others, but always similar to them: therefore there are as many species as we have different structures before us today.

— Carolus Linnaeus, Philosophia Botanica
        That's not evidence, that's the opinion of Linnaeus from the 18th century. Still no such thing as 'created kinds'
        Does the evidence for the origin of the universe indicate a supernatural cause? I have seen it claimed, but never supported.

Comment

• Originally posted by Burlow Beanie View Post

That's not evidence, that's the opinion of Linnaeus from the 18th century. Still no such thing as 'created kinds'
          It is Linnaeus' opinion based on the evidence and created kinds have been with us since God created "in the beginning". Educate yourself, your scientism has left you intellectually hobbled.
          Evolution is promoted by its practitioners as more than mere science. Evolution is promulgated as an ideology, a secular religion—a full-fledged alternative to Christianity, with meaning and morality. ~ Michael Ruse, evolutionist

Comment

You just said 10% still existed. They evolved from them. ok so it's the latter. Now we have arrived at what you mean by 'again' then we can ignore the other meaning of again (as in repeating the same species) which is whay I was refering to when I said "0% evolve again". There was no contradiction in what I said, just a different interpretation of the world 'again'.
            And it had to have happened again for around 90 percent of new species to have evolved 5 times over. Notice when I say about that means it is in the ballpark and I am not saying exactly ninety percent of new species evolved five different times. But still when you say zero and it does not matter in any case that if you have zero, then none could have evolved from zero of the former ones.

Comment

And it had to have happened again for around 90 percent of new species to have evolved 5 times over. Notice when I say about that means it is in the ballpark and I am not saying exactly ninety percent of new species evolved five different times. But still when you say zero and it does not matter in any case that if you have zero, then none could have evolved from zero of the former ones.
              There aren't any good seats in the ballparks in PO-land. No matter where you sit, your view is obstructed by a Pole.
              "We have a pathological liar in the White House, unfit intellectually, emotionally, and psychologically to hold this office, and the whole world knows it, especially those around him every day." - Gregg Popovich

Comment

And it had to have happened again for around 90 percent of new species to have evolved 5 times over.
                New species are constantly evolving. I don't know what point you are trying to make? That new species evolved from species that survived extinction events? Well, obviously. Do you have a problem with that?

Notice when I say about that means it is in the ballpark and I am not saying exactly ninety percent of new species evolved five different times.
                What are you saying?

But still when you say zero and it does not matter in any case that if you have zero, then none could have evolved from zero of the former ones.
                Obviously they could not.

Comment

It is Linnaeus' opinion based on the evidence and created kinds have been with us since God created "in the beginning". Educate yourself, your scientism has left you intellectually hobbled.
                  What evidence is it based on?

Comment

Which evidence ? Linnaeus' opinion about created kinds is worth as much as Scheele's opinion about phlogiston. Modern science (evolutionary biology, nuclear physics, plate tectonics) does not become invalid by tacking "-ism" onto it.
                    Regards, HRG.

"The universe doesn't care what happens to its inhabitants, but its inhabitants do" (Tyrrho).

Comment

New species are constantly evolving. I don't know what point you are trying to make? That new species evolved from species that survived extinction events? Well, obviously. Do you have a problem with that?

What are you saying?

Obviously they could not.
                      The point is that if there were five major extinctions and somewhere around 90 percent of the species died during each extinction, then somewhere around 90 percent of the new species would have had to have evolved five different times. Or the remaining 10 percent or so evolved 90 percent or so of the new species five different times.

Comment

The point is that if there were five major extinctions and somewhere around 90 percent of the species died during each extinction, then somewhere around 90 percent of the new species would have had to have evolved five different times. Or the remaining 10 percent or so evolved 90 percent or so of the new species five different times.
                        So what?

Comment

• Originally posted by dneh View Post

So what?
                          And it took around a billion years for the first 100 percent or so of the species to have evolved correct?

Comment

And it took around a billion years for the first 100 percent or so of the species to have evolved correct?
                            What 100%?? Evolve what? Untill when??
                            Last edited by dneh; 12-08-17, 04:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by dneh View Post

What 100%?? Evolve what? Untill when??
                              The first group would have been 100 percent of those that evolved. And it took about a billion years for that first group to have evolved correct?

Comment

The first group would have been 100 percent of those that evolved. And it took about a billion years for that first group to have evolved correct?
                                nice try Nathan, You know as well as I do that 100% represents the totality, It doesn't even matter when you measure it, 100% is all there was.It never took a billion years because it was always 100%. That the total number of species was reduced at some point, is also not in question. At this point you will pretend to be math stupid., Your failure as a Poe is that you cannot even get the other creos on board with you here, your arguments are to rational ie, they are based on if this then this. Work on your Creo beyond just being confusing.
                                As Saint Mark Twain put it "God created Man in His own image. And man has been returning the favor ever since."

Reality rules - Honor the truth.
                                In memorium, Chemist 99a

Comment

Working...
                                X