Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Fountains of the deep

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rook View Post
    But I did respond. TimH's failed unconformity canard was self-defeated - that's why he continues to run.
    Ummm ... that's not a response.

It's a substance-free assertion.

Please explain how an angular unconformity occurred in your own words.

So your answer is you are only hindering him, yes? That's what we thought.
    Where did I say that?

Comment

....<snip>..Snelling is a PhD geologist and you are a non-geologist, right?...<snip>...
      Based on your writing ability, I know you can come up with better material to defend your premises.* People have the ability to read scientific papers and understand what geologists among other scientists have to say.

* Yes, that was a compliment.

"The exact sciences also start from the assumption that in the end it will always be possible to understand nature, even in every new field of experience, but that we make no a priori assumptions about the meaning of the word "understand"."

Heisenberg

"The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they reveal knowledge." ( Psalm 19:1-2 )

Comment

Do you have evidence there was no "breakup of the earth’s crust into plates...released huge quantities of hot subterranean waters and molten rock into the ocean"?
        Ah! here is our expert on logical fallacies, ummm, ... er ...

... committing a logical fallacy?

Go figure.

Snelling is a PhD geologist and you are a non-geologist, right?
        Irrelevant. Your argument is a fallacy.

Comment

• Originally posted by barchan View Post
          Ah! here is our expert on logical fallacies, ummm, ... er ...

... committing a logical fallacy?
          Is that your feeble admission that you can't refute Snelling?

Irrelevant. Your argument is a fallacy.
          Snelling's concept is not a fallacy and as a non-scientist you can only wave your hands, bloviate and walk away. Hey, you gave it your best, you failed and I don't think any less of you.

Comment

Is that your feeble admission that you can't refute Snelling?
            Is that what I said?

Why not just read the post?

Snelling's concept is not a fallacy ...
            I didn't say ti was. I said your argument is a fallacy.

Please try to get things straight in the future.

... and as a non-scientist you can only wave your hands, bloviate and walk away. Hey, you gave it your best, you failed and I don't think any less of you.
            More substance-free assertion from rook.

Where do they get these guys?

Comment

Is that what I said?
              It is what you imply.

I said your argument is a fallacy.
              But your hand-waving proves nothing. You are not keeping up.

Where do they get these guys? It must be desperation.

Comment

It is what you imply.
                Actually, I have refuted Snelling the YEC-before-geology nonsense many times over.

Do you need examples?

But your hand-waving proves nothing. You are not keeping up.
                Your strawman arguments and opinions from experts who support evolution are not keeping up.

Where do they get these guys? It must be desperation.
                Probably from places where they offer evidence for their arguments.

Comment

• Originally posted by inertia View Post

People have the ability to read scientific papers and understand what geologists among other scientists have to say.
                  But Snelling is a well-respected scientist who examines the same evidence as 'other scientists'. Where is he going wrong, in your mind?

Yes, that was a compliment.
                  Muchas gracias.

Comment

But Snelling is a well-respected scientist who examines the same evidence as 'other scientists'.
                    Not really.

Where is he going wrong, in your mind?
                    When he puts being a YEC in front of being a geologist.

Give me a specific instance and I will tell you. I don't keep track of fringe ideas.

Comment

Exactly. If you rely on fountains of the deep, you rely on ignorance
                      I think, therefor I grasp.
                      They are a note in a story.
                      But here you go, all of it, they opened, they closed.

Genesis 7:11
                      In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, on the seventeenth day of the month, on that day all the fountains of the great deep burst forth, and the windows of the heavens were opened.

Genesis 8:2 The fountains of the deep and the windows of the heavens were closed, the rain from the heavens was restrained,

Comment

When he puts being a YEC in front of being a geologist.
                        What you are having difficulty saying is you can't refute the work of a real geologist. Are you a geologist this week?

Comment

What you are having difficulty saying is you can't refute the work of a real geologist. Are you a geologist this week?
                          What I'm having difficulty with is how Snelling can corrupt his professionalism so carelessly. He is a YEC first and a geologist second.

Comment

• Originally posted by LeoTheLibrarian View Post
                            They are a note in a story.
                            But here you go, all of it, they opened, they closed.

Genesis 7:11
                            In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, on the seventeenth day of the month, on that day all the fountains of the great deep burst forth, and the windows of the heavens were opened.

Genesis 8:2 The fountains of the deep and the windows of the heavens were closed, the rain from the heavens was restrained,
                            Yah, not much to go on.

Comment

What I'm having difficulty with is how Snelling can corrupt his professionalism so carelessly. He is a YEC first and a geologist second.
                              The evo is again reduced to slander, no surprise there. Sad.

Snelling remains a well-respected scientist with excellent credentials. The evo remains a non-scientist who is confused about 'sciency stuff'.
                              Andrew A. Snelling
                              B.S. Applied Geology, The University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia, First Class Honours Ph.D. Geology, University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia

Association
                              Geological Society of Australia
                              Australasian Institute of Mining and Metallurgy
                              Geological Society of America
                              Geological Association of Canada
                              Mineralogical Society of America
                              Society of Economic Geologists
                              Society for Geology Applied to Mineral Deposits
                              International Association of Geochemistry and Cosmochemistry
                              Association of Exploration Geochemists
                              Australian Society of Exploration Geophysicists
                              Where do they get these evo-guys?

Comment

Snelling remains a well-respected scientist with excellent credentials.
                                Let's not forget Snelling's dishonesty in claiming there are no cracks in rock folds. As support he offered a low res photo of the folding in the Carbon Canyon area of the CG with one of his assistants standing in front of and blocking the crack. Hi res photos show the cracking in the folds clearly.

Snelling's blatant dishonesty

The pictures don't lie but Snelling does.

"We have a pathological liar in the White House, unfit intellectually, emotionally, and psychologically to hold this office, and the whole world knows it, especially those around him every day." - Gregg Popovich

Comment

Working...
                                X