Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

The Evolution of Christ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Evolution of Christ

If we set aside the mythological Jesus in the gospels and Acts and strictly adhere to Paul’s Christ in his letters then it becomes apparent that Paul equates Christ to the cosmos for Paul says that Christ is “the sum of all things” (or the cosmos), and again, “Christ is all, and in all”. It follows then that evolution is a mechanism by which Christ produces us, because evolution is a mechanism by which our cosmos has produced us. Moreover, it goes with out saying that when Paul says that “all things are from and through him”, he could just as well have been speaking of the cosmos. Again, Paul discloses the mystery of “Christ in you” which is no different than saying, “the cosmos in you”. And what a great mystery that is! For no mind has conceived until now that humans are formed from stardust, yet somehow Paul perceived its essence two thousand years ago.

If Christ be the sum of all things or the cosmos then the history of our cosmos would be the history of Christ. Christ would have been an extremely ordered, powerful thing long before our cosmos came to be. Christ would have suffered a perturbation, an expansion, a spreading out, and a tranfer from perfect order and energy into chaos and materiality. Christ then slowly but surely was rearranged by forces within our universe to produce first unicellular life on our planet. Christ (or cosmos) fed that life with energy from the sun, with heat from our planets molten core, and with nutrients from the solar system which catalyzed the evolution of life into complex organisms. Christ then selected from life on our planet one species capable of intelligent thought. Christ then selected from among those capable of intelligent thought some who would look out at the stars and seek our beginning and our purpose. What they discover is that we belong to a single thing that has a life of its own: a beginning, a fall into materiality, an evolution to consciousness, a desire for good, and a future yet to come. They discover that we are Christ or the cosmos for we are members of his one body or single thing that sums up the whole. But Christ is not finished just as our cosmos is not finished. Christ or cosmos is still evolving. Will Christ or cosmos someday return to as it was in the beginning: extremely ordered, and powerful? Will it remember us who belong to it? God only knows and if Christ or cosmos belongs to him then so should we.
    Last edited by docphin; 12-10-18, 12:16 AM.
    We shall not injure God by remaining ignorant of Him, but shall deprive ourselves of His friendship.

Originally posted by docphin View Post
    If we set aside the mythological Jesus in the gospels and Acts and strictly adhere to Paul’s Christ in his letters then it becomes apparent that Paul equates Christ to the cosmos for Paul says that Christ is “the sum of all things” (or the cosmos), and again, “Christ is all, and in all”. It follows then that evolution is a mechanism by which Christ produces us, because evolution is a mechanism by which our cosmos has produced us. Moreover, it goes with out saying that when Paul says that “all things are from and through him”, he could just as well have been speaking of the cosmos. Again, Paul discloses the mystery of “Christ in you” which is no different than saying, “the cosmos in you”. And what a great mystery that is! For no mind has conceived until now that humans are formed from stardust, yet somehow Paul perceived its essence two thousand years ago.

If Christ be the sum of all things or the cosmos then the history of our cosmos would be the history of Christ. Christ would have been an extremely ordered, powerful thing long before our cosmos came to be. Christ would have suffered a perturbation, an expansion, a spreading out, and a tranfer from perfect order and energy into chaos and materiality. Christ then slowly but surely was rearranged by forces within our universe to produce first unicellular life on our planet. Christ (or cosmos) fed that life with energy from the sun, with heat from our planets molten core, and with nutrients from the solar system which catalyzed the evolution of life into complex organisms. Christ then selected from life on our planet one species capable of intelligent thought. Christ then selected from among those capable of intelligent thought some who would look out at the stars and seek our beginning and our purpose. What they discover is that we belong to a single thing that has a life of its own: a beginning, a fall into materiality, an evolution to consciousness, a desire for good, and a future yet to come. They discover that we are Christ or the cosmos for we are members of his one body or single thing that sums up the whole. But Christ is not finished just as our cosmos is not finished. Christ or cosmos is still evolving. Will Christ or cosmos someday return to as it was in the beginning: extremely ordered, and powerful? Will it remember us who belong to it? God only knows and if Christ or cosmos belongs to him then so should we.
    Applying science to christianity, and thereby growing christianity from its iron age roots, to become a modern religion... is the only way to save it.
    Alas, some would rather push it back into the bronze age.
    You have a task ahead of you.
    good luck
    When evil is powerful, good men are silenced.

Comment

Originally posted by D Laurier View Post

Applying science to christianity, and thereby growing christianity from its iron age roots, to become a modern religion... is the only way to save it.
      Alas, some would rather push it back into the bronze age.
      You have a task ahead of you.
      good luck
      I know that it is an impossible task, but something inside me pushes me forward on this impossible task. At least you get it.
      We shall not injure God by remaining ignorant of Him, but shall deprive ourselves of His friendship.

Comment

If we set aside ...
        Sure thing.

Just set aside anything that "looks funny," and you can make Jesus look like anything you want Him to.

Nevermind that we're supposed to take the Scriptures in toto, just pick and choose.

How do you think NASA was convinced to give the Challenger the green light?
        THE BIBLE SAYS IT, THAT SETTLES IT.

Comment

I know that it is an impossible task, but something inside me pushes me forward on this impossible task. At least you get it.
          You can do it.

Comment

Originally posted by AV1611VET View Post

Sure thing.

Just set aside anything that "looks funny," and you can make Jesus look like anything you want Him to.

Nevermind that we're supposed to take the Scriptures in toto, just pick and choose.

How do you think NASA was convinced to give the Challenger the green light?
            You have a gift for missing the point.
            And for inanities..
            You are fixated on this "Challenger" thing. Why? Explain.

Comment

If we set aside the mythological Jesus in the gospels and Acts and strictly adhere to Paul's Christ in his letters...
              This Paul?

15 Now I would remind you, brethren, in what terms I preached to you the gospel, which you received, in which you stand, 2 by which you are saved, if you hold it fast—unless you believed in vain.

3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the scriptures, 5 and that he appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve. 6 Then he appeared to more than five hundred brethren at one time, most of whom are still alive, though some have fallen asleep. 7 Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles. 8 Last of all, as to one untimely born, he appeared also to me.

What I'll set aside is your confused, delusional pantheism.

Comment

You have a gift for missing the point.
                At least I don't set things aside to pick and choose what kind of character I'm trying to make out of my Saviour.

Contrary to what academia may think, Jesus wore many hats in the Bible.

From being the Death Angel who killed the firstborn of Egypt who didn't have blood sprinkled on their doorposts, to wearing a crown of thorns on the Cross to save us from Hell.

He is the Psalm 72 / Isaiah 11 nation grinder; and He is the Psalm 22 / Isaiah 53 sacrifical lamb.

I love how He just bewilders academia at every turn.

He is 100% man, and He is 100% God ... and academia can't wrap its demonic chalk around those concepts because her science gets in the way.

The Trinity can't be explained, using Satan's official AV2018 King James McGraw-Hill $275.00 science textbooks.

And that suits me just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by AV1611VET View Post

At least I don't set things aside to pick and choose what kind of character I'm trying to make out of my Saviour.
                  Except you do. You just pick and choose that traits that appeal to you.

Contrary to what academia may think, Jesus wore many hats in the Bible.
                  And given that academia does not think anything....
                  Jesus is a character in the New Testament. A composite of several gods, heroes, and itinerant preachers.

From being the Death Angel who killed the firstborn of Egypt who didn't have blood sprinkled on their doorposts, to wearing a crown of thorns on the Cross to save us from Hell.
                  Ok.... So a really interesting fantasy.

He is the Psalm 72 / Isaiah 11 nation grinder; and He is the Psalm 22 / Isaiah 53 sacrifical lamb.
                  So he is a fantasy.

I love how He just bewilders academia at every turn.
                  And "He" is?
                  Who is this "He" person who somehow "bewilders" academia?

He is 100% man, and He is 100% God ... and academia can't wrap its demonic chalk around those concepts because her science gets in the way.
                  And academia has no demonic chalk to wrap around any concepts.

The Trinity can't be explained, using Satan's official AV2018 King James McGraw-Hill $275.00 science textbooks.
                  So try using reality instead.

And that suits me just fine.
                  Indeed.

So explain your whole "Challenger" fixation. You do go on about it.

Comment

Cosmos deity:

Cosmos is the materialist false god.
                    “The Cosmos is all that is or was or ever will be. Our feeblest contemplations of the Cosmos stir us -- there is a tingling in the spine, a catch in the voice, a faint sensation, as if a distant memory, of falling from a height. We know we are approaching the greatest of mysteries.”

― Carl Sagan, Cosmos

Dawkins prefers "Mother Nature"

Darwin also just didn't want to give God the Glory for creation.

Jesus is the name above all names.

Comment

... christianity... is the only way to save it...
                      n>How special. Now the atheists-or-whatever-leftovers are so deeply concerned about what they want their (REIMJCCC) revised-evolved-improved-modernized-Jesus, their revised-evolved-improved-modernized-Church, their revised-evolved-improved-modernized-Christian, their revised-evolved-improved-modernize-Christian-CARMite to look like. What an amazing cuddle-bear that REIMJCCC-thingy must feel like to those dear loving, caring atheist-whatevers. So touching to my tender heart. There might even be a wee teensy tear starting up in one eye maybe. They not only are concerned, but they boldly come out of the closet and say so publicly. How brave! Then they apply their biggest greatest brains to solve the danger and problem and offer solutions. Then they add their wish for "good luck!" That ought to do it. Atheists and that type shows such love, coming all this way to CARM, spending prodigious time and effort to evolve, improve, enhance and modernize the poor lost Jesus, Church, Christians, and CARM! I don't know if my heart can take all this love at Christmas! They act as if they actually have been converted and believe there is a God and that the Bible is divinely inspired and true! Atheists saving Jesus at Christmas! What a gift atheists give the world! An improved, evolved Jesus just in time for Christmas! Ship him out to all stores! Sell him at discounted prices! Wrap him up nicely! Do a big promotional thingy! Batteries included! With test tubes for the science part. There's an App for that!

Last edited by noemail001; 12-10-18, 11:47 AM.
                      Mouser Larry Roy: "yippee ki yay"
                      “... see the loonies in their cages… are they not witty… how much amusement they afford… ours is a human world, theirs is a bestial world… " Bedlam

Comment

So explain your whole "Challenger" fixation. You do go on about it.
                        I have a triad of examples: (the Challenger, Thalidomide, and the Pluto issue) that I like to bring up often as examples where people died, were disfigured, or disappointed by science's nearsightedness.

Next in line are examples such as the Hindenburg, the Florida footbridge, L'Aquila, Chernobyl, Three Mile Island, and other such disasters that I like to use to keep science balanced.

Otherwise, academians will put science up on such a high pedestal that someone might think she replaces God himself.

Oh, wait ... !

Comment

Originally posted by djb View Post

This Paul?

15 Now I would remind you, brethren, in what terms I preached to you the gospel, which you received, in which you stand, 2 by which you are saved, if you hold it fast—unless you believed in vain.

3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the scriptures, 5 and that he appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve. 6 Then he appeared to more than five hundred brethren at one time, most of whom are still alive, though some have fallen asleep. 7 Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles. 8 Last of all, as to one untimely born, he appeared also to me.

What I'll set aside is your confused, delusional pantheism.
                          The deluded pantheism was what I was thinking 2 days ago and now you post it!

Comment

The Evolution of Christ
                            If we set aside the mythological Jesus in the gospels and Acts and strictly adhere to Paul’s Christ in his letters then it becomes apparent that Paul equates Christ to the cosmos for Paul says that Christ is “the sum of all things” (or the cosmos)...
                            n>What great examples of why gnostics fail. You peeps:
                            1) Make up your own canon to tickle your fancies. ("... set aside the mythological Jesus in the gospels and Acts... ")
                            2) You make claims you then break. ("... strictly adhere to Paul's Christ in his letters ... ")
                            3) Produce your own fancies that are a modification of whatever you want.
                            4) Result? Your own ever-changing secrets are supreme, and thus you are supreme... or so you and all other lost people want to pretend.
                            5) Perhaps you have dreams, fantasies, and delusions that everyone bows down to you.
                            “... see the loonies in their cages… are they not witty… how much amusement they afford… ours is a human world, theirs is a bestial world… " Bedlam

Comment

Originally posted by Nouveau View Post

The deluded pantheism was what I was thinking 2 days ago and now you post it!
                              Precisely!

Comment

Working...
                              X