Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Why Intelligent Design is NOT a viable alternative to the ToE.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AV1611VET View Post

As my pastor is fond of saying:

"Religion will take you straight to Hell."
    So you believe there is a hell...
    Let me see if I get this straight - god creates a hell for the devil and his angels. Do I take it to mean he did not originally intend it for humans?
    So then, at some point he then decided that hell was as good a place as any to dump off all the unrepentent. Doesn't ring true for an omniscient god does it...especially when you consider they are constrained within the boundaries of their design.
    The idea of "choice" is further removed by the advances in modern science.
    Sure, the people who live up to the last 150 years or so may have been candidates for the "revelation of the created order", but what about those who could see that science explained many of the old mysteries?
    What is now the condemnatory criteria for them to "have no excuse"?
    With all the conflicting religious beliefs in the world, they can’t all be right. But they can all be wrong.
    Herb Silverman.

Comment

• Originally posted by D Laurier View Post
      Pure barking insanity.
      Just say I'm beside myself.

Like they did Jesus.
      THE BIBLE SAYS IT, THAT SETTLES IT.

Comment

• Originally posted by D Laurier View Post
        And yet he pushes it. And so do you.
        We're more a spousal relationship than a religion.

2 Corinthians 11:2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

Comment

Just say I'm beside myself.

Like they did Jesus.
          I find this utterly undecipherable
          When evil is powerful, good men are silenced.

Comment

We're more a spousal relationship than a religion.

2 Corinthians 11:2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.
            Except no marriage takes place. No meeting even. No breakfasts together. Nothing.

And blue jibberish does not help you.
            Saying idiotic things, does not make saying merely silly things, any less silly.

When evil is powerful, good men are silenced.

Comment

• Originally posted by aussiedave View Post
              False.
              There is plenty that we know about what nature existed in the past.
              To think otherwise is merely an ignorant assertion.

Got an example?
              Evo talking points based on a lack of observation.

Have you ever seen an event where nothing created something?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nouveau View Post

Quantum Mechanics, Nouveau. Specifically Heisenberg uncertainty. Yes, something can emerge from nothing.

The ultimate truth is that there is no ultimate truth.

Comment

• Originally posted by aussiedave View Post
                  There is plenty that we know about what nature existed in the past.
                  Such as..?

Got an example?
                  Got an example of anything in origins science models that is NOT based on this nature?
                  newnature.ga

Comment

• Originally posted by rossum View Post

Another creationist who does not criticise science, but tries to make parts of science into a religion and then criticises religion.

You are telling us that you think science is superior to religion here, dad.
                    The parts of so called sciences that tell us about origin of life all rest on one belief, that of a same nature existing in the past. Yu had opportunity to show it more than belief.
                    newnature.ga

Comment

• Originally posted by Nouveau View Post

We can observe fossils and geologic formations, etc,.
                      Another short sighted comment from the false scientist.

Nope - is this a strawman?

With all the conflicting religious beliefs in the world, they can’t all be right. But they can all be wrong.
                      Herb Silverman.

Comment

• Originally posted by dad View Post
                        The parts of so called sciences that tell us about origin of life all rest on one belief, that of a same nature existing in the past. Yu had opportunity to show it more than belief.
                        Your God also thinks that the laws of nature were the same in the past; after all He made them so He should know:
                        "But I, the LORD, make the following promise: I have made a covenant governing the coming of day and night. I have established the fixed laws governing heaven and earth." -- Jeremiah 33:25-26 (emphasis added)
                        It is not just scientists who say that the laws of nature are fixed.

Comment

Your God also thinks that the laws of nature were the same in the past; after all He made them so He should know:
                          "But I, the LORD, make the following promise: I have made a covenant governing the coming of day and night. I have established the fixed laws governing heaven and earth." -- Jeremiah 33:25-26 (emphasis added)
                          It is not just scientists who say that the laws of nature are fixed.
                          Things were different prior to the Fall.

Nature had her claws retracted.

But when Adam sinned, the claws came out.

Comment

But the laws of nature were the same. The Bible says "fixed". Do you not believe the Bible?

Comment

But the laws of nature were the same. The Bible says "fixed". Do you not believe the Bible?
                              Yes.

It appears you're correct on this.

BUT ... for the record ... catastrophism still ruled.

Comment

Nature had her claws retracted.

But when Adam sinned, the claws came out.
                                Fortunately, cutesy metaphors don't influence scientists - just the gullible.
                                Herb Silverman.

Comment

Working...
                                X