Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Altruism: It's evolution

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D Laurier View Post
    A poorly written article from a first year student

A first year student.
    Let me get this straight:

In 2016, a first-year Yale student poorly writes an article that HRG instantly spots as "an abyss of ignorance"?

Then, over two years later, this abyss of ignorance, whom a retired mathematical physicist and market research consultant instantly spots as such ... over two years later, and the article is still up?

That's like I posting a mate-in-two; a paperboy, who doesn't even play Chess, spots it and instantly points out the position is wrong, and two years later the mate-in-two is still up.

No wonder Thalidomide wasn't caught in time.
    THE BIBLE SAYS IT, THAT SETTLES IT.

Comment

Originally posted by AV1611VET View Post
      Let me get this straight:
      as if you could.

In 2016, a first-year Yale student poorly writes an article that HRG instantly spots as "an abyss of ignorance"?
      Yes.

Then, over two years later, this abyss of ignorance, whom a retired mathematical physicist and market research consultant instantly spots as such ... over two years later, and the article is still up?
      Yes.

That's like I posting a mate-in-two; a paperboy, who doesn't even play Chess, spots it and instantly points out the position is wrong, and two years later the mate-in-two is still up.
      No. Its like the internet not getting rid of anything.
      You understand how the internet works... Yes? No?.
      It saves everything.

No wonder Thalidomide wasn't caught in time.
      What?
      Your total non-sequitur is utterly unrelated to reality.

The fact that greedy corporate investors blocked efforts by scientist to extend testing on the drug Thalidomide, in order to start selling for profit sooner, has ziltch to do with the internet preserving everything.

When evil is powerful, good men are silenced.

Comment

No. Its like the internet not getting rid of anything.
        Well maybe this first-year Yale student should have checked with her mathematics department before posting something so easily spotted as "an abyss of ignorance" ... ya think?

I think, in this case, I'll just go with what the Yale student said, over what a marketing consultant said.

No offense to HRG.

Would you ask Betty Crocker for advice on what grade of gasoline is best for your truck?

Comment

The fact that greedy corporate investors blocked efforts by scientist to extend testing on the drug Thalidomide, in order to start selling for profit sooner, has ziltch to do with the internet preserving everything.
          Then how did Frances Kelsey get it further tested?

It must not have been blocked too hard.

And for the record, the Internet doesn't always keep everything available for viewing, else I would be able to still watch one of my favorite videos.

I'll say this though:

They do however have one of my favorites still playing:

Comment

Altruism is a mental construct.

Comment

Well maybe this first-year Yale student should have checked with her mathematics department before posting something so easily spotted as "an abyss of ignorance" ... ya think?
              Not at all.
              She should have checked with the biology department, not the mathematics department.
              But that would require going to another school.

I think, in this case, I'll just go with what the Yale student said, over what a marketing consultant said.
              So a journalism student then. Got it.
              A Yale student is NOT automaticaly qualified to grasp biology.
              A Yale JOURNALISM student is a perfect example of just that problem.

No offense to HRG.
              ok...

Would you ask Betty Crocker for advice on what grade of gasoline is best for your truck?
              Of course not. Alas, you are doing just that. Asking Lois Lane's assistant for advice on behavioural biology.
              You have picked a first year JOURNALISM student, as your authority on a scientific field that she has ZERO training in.

Comment

So a journalism student then. Got it.
                A Yale student is NOT automaticaly qualified to grasp biology.
                A Yale JOURNALISM student is a perfect example of just that problem.

People camped outside of college are not qualified to do academic testing.

Comment

By not being under German or British rule.
                  In those days, America still had safety standards for drugs. Germany had none.
                  German advertising circumvented British safety rules, which were poorly enforced due to war time funding cuts.
                  The result was a tragedy that could have been prevented if Germany had any scientists willing to risk their careers by speaking out.
                  Alas, they were all terrified of being accused of being unreconstructed Nazis. Many had in fact participated in use of forced human test subjects during the Nazi era.
                  They all kept their heads down to protect themselves from exposure or accusation.
                  The fact that half the British upper nobility had invested in rebuilding the German pharmaceuticals industry, and wanted to prevent a scandal.... Just made things worse.

Only by the house of lords. At the time, the only block more solid was a military trench line with artillery support.

And for the record, the Internet doesn't always keep everything available for viewing, else I would be able to still watch one of my favorite videos.
                  If they were ever digitized and posted online, they exist somewhere.

I'll say this though:
                  ok....

ok...

And this crap again.
                  Why do you keep posting this video?

Comment

I'll say this though:

He has an MBA lol

Comment

Originally posted by Nouveau View Post
                      Altruism is a mental construct.
                      Ignored. Reason: Unintelligible, off topic
                      "Kids & Adults love Fairy Tale Ark exhibit" - Ken Ham

Comment

Originally posted by Promethean View Post

Ignored. Reason: Unintelligible, off topic
                        no science

Comment

He has an MBA lol
                          Ouch!

Comment

He has an MBA lol
                            Which is more than a creo dropout who pretends to have multiple advance degrees

Comment

Originally posted by Promethean View Post

Which is more than a creo dropout who pretends to have multiple advance degrees
                              Has evo applied for Junior college?

Comment

Has evo applied for Junior college?
                                Has creo passed primary?

Comment

Working...
                                X