Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SeventhDay View Post

Good Post! However, I believe it is more accurate to say God is the Word

God bless you,

SeventhDay.
    So what relevance is that to the unequivocal fact that the universe is billions of years old?

... always look on the bright side of life - Idle Cleese

Comment

Originally posted by rossum View Post
      If God made the earth, then the evidence we find in the earth is just as much from God as what we read in the Bible. God made both the World and the Word; both are from God.
      And yet Paul, God's amanuensis, warns us about putting too much stock in the rudiments of the world, because it can lead us away from Christ.

Colossians 2:8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

These "rudiments of the world" (periodic table, DNA, etc.), if not interpreted correctly, can (and does) lead to atheism.

Romans 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise,* they became fools,

* A subset of God's creation known as "Homo sapiens" (the "wise ones").
      THE BIBLE SAYS IT, THAT SETTLES IT.

Comment

Originally posted by juglans1 View Post
        So what relevance is that to the unequivocal fact that the universe is billions of years old?
        The relevance is that God speaks to us in diverse ways and one of those ways is though the things God has made and scientists avail themselves of this.

However, they are probably off billions of years. It could be a billion or 10 billion for that matter but I am not a scientist. Perhaps they are right on. I do not know even if they explained it to me unless I took a course in Physics and other sciences. However, I still probably would not understand.

God bless you,

SeventhDay

Comment

Originally posted by AV1611VET View Post
          And yet Paul, God's amanuensis, warns us about putting too much stock in the rudiments of the world, because it can lead us away from Christ.

Colossians 2:8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

These "rudiments of the world" (periodic table, DNA, etc.), if not interpreted correctly, can (and does) lead to atheism.

Romans 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise,* they became fools,

* A subset of God's creation known as "Homo sapiens" (the "wise ones").
          God can give scientist natural wisdom and some scientist are Christians who can discern spiritual things.

God bless you,

SeventhDay

Comment

The relevance is that God speaks to us in diverse ways and one of those ways is though the things God has made and scientists avail themselves of this.
            Do you have any evidence to support that hypothesis?

However, they are probably off billions of years. It could be a billion or 10 billion for that matter but I am not a scientist. Perhaps they are right on. I do not know even if they explained it to me unless I took a course in Physics and other sciences. However, I still probably would not understand.

God bless you,

SeventhDay
            You only need a basic knowledge of simple arithmetic, given that there are ~two trillion visible galaxies, each with ~100 billion stars and the speed of light is 300,000 kilometres per second.

Comment

Do you have any evidence to support that hypothesis?

You only need a basic knowledge of simple arithmetic, given that there are ~two trillion visible galaxies, each with ~100 billion stars and the speed of light is 300,000 kilometres per second.
              I am already lost but you can send me into deep space to count each star one by one but I will be long dead before I get to the first star and very very very old!

God bless you,

SeventhDay

Comment

God can give scientist natural wisdom and some scientist are Christians who can discern spiritual things.
                That is absolutely correct.

Just as God calls some men to preach, or teach, or be a missionary, or be an evangelist, etc., I believe He calls some men into the laboratory.

By way of example, God could have called Darwin into the medical field to find a cure for cancer.

But just like Nimrod, who started out "a mighty hunter before the LORD," and ended up building an empire so evil the Antichrist will resurrect it during the tribulation (Sumeria), Darwin "went Nimrod" and abandoned his family (almost like Gautama did, but not as bad), and left his calling to pursue other interests.

Comment

I am already lost but you can send me into deep space to count each star one by one but I will be long dead before I get to the first star and very very very old!

God bless you,

SeventhDay
                  Still doesn't change the unequivocal fact that the universe is billions of years old.

Comment

The Bible, if not interpreted correctly, can lead to atheism. All those OT massacres and orders to kill witches can turn a lot of people off.
                    The ultimate truth is that there is no ultimate truth.

Comment

Still doesn't change the unequivocal fact that the universe is billions of years old.
                      Guesses are not facts.

Comment

Originally posted by rossum View Post
                        The Bible, if not interpreted correctly, can lead to atheism. All those OT massacres and orders to kill witches can turn a lot of people off.
                        God is no afraid of academia.

He had no problem documenting and preserving things He did, in spite of what academia would later claim.

Comment

Originally posted by PraiseTheLord View Post
                          Genesis 1: 1
                          I'm not aware of that album.
                          In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.
                          In the time before the age of men, Elf cause the earth to form.
                          -----

Almighty God, the Eternal, created. There was no other. God has eternally existed.
                          Huh?
                          What are you babbling?

There's no possible alternative explanation for the existence for all the Almighty created.
                          And no evidence that your "Almighty" exists.

Something did not spontaneously come into existence separate from the Creator.
                          Ok. So what is your point?
                          Who who or what is this "Creator"?

The existence of the concept of evolution is a tool for Satan to take people away from the truth of creation and then take people away from salvation through the Savior of the world, Jesus Christ.
                          Nope.
                          Try again.
                          The existence of the concept of evolution is utterly dependent on the existence of the process of evolution.
                          A process well understood by people of all religions.
                          A process so well documented that anyone can find a dozen examples with a casual Google search.

When evil is powerful, good men are silenced.

Comment

That is absolutely correct.

Just as God calls some men to preach, or teach, or be a missionary, or be an evangelist, etc., I believe He calls some men into the laboratory.

By way of example, God could have called Darwin into the medical field to find a cure for cancer.

But just like Nimrod, who started out "a mighty hunter before the LORD," and ended up building an empire so evil the Antichrist will resurrect it during the tribulation (Sumeria), Darwin "went Nimrod" and abandoned his family (almost like Gautama did, but not as bad), and left his calling to pursue other interests.
                            We have been over this. And no... Darwin never abandoned his family. He remained an active husband and father all his life. Fully involved with his family. The same family he continued to live with until his death. The same family to whom he left a sizable fortune in land, investments, and savings.
                            You have a unique gift for believing the most absurd things that you can make up.

Comment

Again:
                              Something did not spontaneously come into existence separate from the Creator.
                              Huh?
                              Can you clarify your statement?
                              And also, what is this "Creator" you invoke?

Nothing evolved from nothing.
                              Huh?
                              Can you clarify this statement?
                              It is too convoluted.

Comment

Create means from non-existence to existence.
                                And?

Evolution does not account for creation.
                                Nor does it need to.
                                It just needs to happen.

Comment

Working...
                                X