Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.

Genesis 1: 1
    In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.
    -----

Almighty God, the Eternal, created. There was no other. God has eternally existed.

There's no possible alternative explanation for the existence for all the Almighty created. Something did not spontaneously come into existence separate from the Creator.

The existence of the concept of evolution is a tool for Satan to take people away from the truth of creation and then take people away from salvation through the Savior of the world, Jesus Christ.

• Nathan p
    replied
    Originally posted by juglans1 View Post
    And did it create the universe less than 6000 years ago as hypothesized in the bible (Gen 1 Gen 5 Luke 3), or did it create the universe billions of years ago?

Only the Yecs say the bible says the earth was created around 6 thousand years ago. Days ,seasons and years did not start until the fourth day and thus the days could not have each been 24 hours long. They are of an undetermined time in length. Read it and that is when the greater (sun) started dominating the day and the lesser (moon) started dominating the night and so forth.

Leave a comment:

• AV1611VET
    replied
    Originally posted by HRG View Post
    What if I tell you that the mark is to recognize the lack of sufficient evidence for any god ? You do miss it, don't you ?
    Yes.

That mark I would miss.

Leave a comment:

• HRG
    replied
    Originally posted by AV1611VET View Post
    By way of example, "sin" is a sports term.

It means "to miss the mark."
    So it is undefined. What if I tell you that the mark is to recognize the lack of sufficient evidence for any god ? You do miss it, don't you ?

Leave a comment:

• Michael R
    replied

And I won't get into why I think they didn't use the proper definition, lest I offend our lighthearted poster.

Just open up Wrong's Concordance and see for yourself.
    Sorry, but that is not a very good explanation.

I'm not sure what you mean by using a proper definition. Are you talking about the definition of godless? Or the definition of sin? Or of something else?

I would need to know what word you are speaking of before looking it up.

Leave a comment:

• AV1611VET
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael R View Post
    OK. So why is classical Greek godless?

And I won't get into why I think they didn't use the proper definition, lest I offend our lighthearted poster.

Just open up Wrong's Concordance and see for yourself.

Leave a comment:

• Michael R
    replied
    I don't know. I wasn't there.
    OK. So why is classical Greek godless?

Leave a comment:

• AV1611VET
    replied
    And Koine came later. So what did they speak after Babel?
    I don't know. I wasn't there.

Leave a comment:

• Michael R
    replied
    Not Classical Greek.

That came around the time of Socrates, Plato, and Aristotle.
    And Koine came later. So what did they speak after Babel?

Leave a comment:

• AV1611VET
    replied
    How is their speech godless? According to the Bible they were given their language, by God, at the tower of Babel.
    Not Classical Greek.

That came around the time of Socrates, Plato, and Aristotle.

Leave a comment:

• AV1611VET
    replied
    Originally posted by rossum View Post
    Where are contemporary records of this three-hour event in Persian, Babylonian, Egyptian, Greek or Roman records?
    Are you assuming the blackout was worldwide?

Exodus 10:21 And the LORD said unto Moses, Stretch out thine hand toward heaven, that there may be darkness over the land of Egypt, even darkness which may be felt.
    22 And Moses stretched forth his hand toward heaven; and there was a thick darkness in all the land of Egypt three days:
    23 They saw not one another, neither rose any from his place for three days: but all the children of Israel had light in their dwellings.

Leave a comment:

• Michael R
    replied
    The Greeks are accountable to God for their godless Classical Greek language.

Koine Greek is the way to go, if one is going to insist on using the Greek language.

Mark 12:37b And the common people heard him gladly.
    How is their speech godless? According to the Bible they were given their language, by God, at the tower of Babel.

Leave a comment:

• rossum
    replied
    Given that the longest solar eclipse on record is some 7 minutes ...

Noon to Three is three hours.
    Where are contemporary records of this three-hour event in Persian, Babylonian, Egyptian, Greek or Roman records?

Leave a comment:

• AV1611VET
    replied
    It's amazing how many tales are rewritten and incorporated into other cultures.
    The Greeks are accountable to God for their godless Classical Greek language.

Koine Greek is the way to go, if one is going to insist on using the Greek language.

Mark 12:37b And the common people heard him gladly.

Leave a comment:

• Michael R
    replied
    Yes.

The book by K. Fleming is written from the Hebrew's perspective.

Gemini, for example, known by the Greeks as twins, is actually one and the same Person:

King of Kings and Lord of Lords.
    It's amazing how many tales are rewritten and incorporated into other cultures.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X