Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Question for evolutionists re knowledge of the process of macroevolution

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for evolutionists re knowledge of the process of macroevolution

Many evolutionists claim to know the mechanisms of macroevolution and how this knowledge explains the "evolutionary" history of life on earth. If they really have this knowledge, I would like an evolutionist to explain how, for example, one would breed synapsids to eventually produce a mammal, or how one would breed ancient rodents to eventually produce a whale.

Time, mutations, natural selection.
    "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away"

Comment

Originally posted by 4tune8chance View Post
      Time, mutations, natural selection.
      That tells me nothing useful. How would you actually go about breeding say, ancient reptiles to produce a bird? Let me guess ... you haven't got a clue. If I asked you how to breed a sausage dog from wolves, for example, and you simply said "Time, mutations, artificial selection", I would still have no idea how to get a sausage dog from a wolf and then conclude that you know next to nothing about dog breeding or how dogs actually evolve..
      Last edited by Rool; 06-09-19, 04:59 AM.

Comment

Spent a lot of time trying to reason with evolutionists and only made progress in a few areas like abiogenesis which is obviously impossible by pure chance and also made it eventually necessary to invent things like a multiverse theory to try help increase the odds.

Comment

Originally posted by Rool View Post
          Many evolutionists claim to know the mechanisms of macroevolution and how this knowledge explains the "evolutionary" history of life on earth. If they really have this knowledge, I would like an evolutionist to explain how, for example, one would breed synapsids to eventually produce a mammal, or how one would breed ancient rodents to eventually produce a whale.
          Just as valid as spherical Earth and gravity according to true believers. Hogwash!

Comment

I assume that you are creationist. Many creationist accept the idea that all land animals today are descendants of the relatively few species who came off the ark. The kinds (baramin) then changed to fill out the niches in the environment, the cat kind filled out the feline animals species, dog kind became the various canine species we have today, etc.

Do you think the process is different, between the proposed creationists' baramin based taxonomy and the evolutionists' Linnaean taxonomy? Both depend on the changes to species and the development of new species.

If the evolutionists are wrong, then so are the many creationists who accept the theories about "kinds".

Comment

Hullo rool.
              Are you the same Rool from the old CARM boards?
              If so, welcome back.

First off.
              There is/are no "evolutionists".
              This is a creationist strawman created as a caricature of all non-creationists. An object designed to be mocked.

Second.
              There is no macroevolution. Just as there is no macrodigestion, or macrogestation.
              This is an artificial divide, invented by creationist preachers, to avoid looking foolish when presented with documented incidents of evolution.

Third. A synapsid IS a mammal.
              Whales are ungulates, and diverged from the line that gave rodents... long before either group was definable.
              When evil is powerful, good men are silenced.

Comment

So if the creationists are done building strawmen, can we get some honest discussion?
                https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iQ5...ew?usp=sharing
                Evolution remains an observed and documented process.

Comment

Originally posted by D Laurier View Post
                  So if the creationists are done building strawmen, can we get some honest discussion?
                  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iQ5...ew?usp=sharing
                  Evolution remains an observed and documented process.
                  Show the documentation for fish ancestry of humans. Demonstrate how fish ancestry is as sure as spherical Earth or gravity.

Comment

God is so smart, that He could plan and execute the entire process.

According to science, nothing can be produced that is bigger or smarter than it's source.
                    That leaves God as bigger and more intelligent than the Cosmos.
                    So God could plan for the development of all life, before His morning coffee.

Jeremiah 23
                    “Am I a God at hand, declares the Lord, and not a God far away? Can a man hide himself in secret places so that I cannot see him? declares the Lord. Do I not fill heaven and earth? declares the Lord.

Psalm 139:7-12
                    Where shall I go from your Spirit? Or where shall I flee from your presence? If I ascend to heaven, you are there! If I make my bed in Sheol, you are there! If I take the wings of the morning and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there your hand shall lead me, and your right hand shall hold me. If I say, “Surely the darkness shall cover me, and the light about me be night,” ...

Psalm 90:2
                    Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever you had formed the earth and the world, from everlasting to everlasting you are God.

Jeremiah 32:17
                    ‘Ah, Lord God! It is you who have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and by your outstretched arm! Nothing is too hard for you.

Psalm 115
                    Our God is in the heavens; he does all that he pleases.

Hebrews 11:3
                    By faith we understand that the universe was created by the word of God, so that what is seen was not made out of things that are visible.

1 Kings 8
                    “But will God indeed dwell on the earth? Behold, heaven and the highest heaven cannot contain you; how much less this house that I have built!
                    - Do for others as you would want them to do for you: this is the foundation of the Law of Moses and of the teachings of the prophets. -

Comment

Originally posted by lightbeamrider View Post
                      Show the documentation for fish ancestry of humans. Demonstrate how fish ancestry is as sure as spherical Earth or gravity.
                      One need not show it. Just Trust God was intelligent enough to plan and execute it.

Psalm 115
                      Our God is in the heavens; he does all that he pleases.

To doubt evolution, is to claim that God is just not bright enough to pull that off.
                      God plans the path and holds each electron in it orbit.

Colossians 1:17 - And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together.
                      - Do for others as you would want them to do for you: this is the foundation of the Law of Moses and of the teachings of the prophets. -

Comment

Show the documentation for fish ancestry of humans.
                        You want me to transcribe several million lines of DNA onto this page?

Demonstrate how fish ancestry is as sure as spherical Earth or gravity.
                        Ok. Call a horseless carriage.
                        In the 1750s, anatomists noted the parallels between all chordates. You missed it by a good 265 years.
                        The limb structure: Shoulder, one long bone, two long bones, lots of small bones.
                        Its a universal tetrapod trait.

Comment

Originally posted by D Laurier View Post
                          You want me to transcribe several million lines of DNA onto this page?

Ok. Call a horseless carriage.
                          In the 1750s, anatomists noted the parallels between all chordates. You missed it by a good 265 years.
                          The limb structure: Shoulder, one long bone, two long bones, lots of small bones.
                          Its a universal tetrapod trait.
                          So you admit you believe in fish ancestry of humans and are convinced fish ancestry is as sure as spherical Earth. It is faith and/or delusion, not science

Comment

1. Evolution is not a deterministic process. But by re-creating all the environments from the early Permian to the Jurassic in sequence we might have a good chance to arrive at something similar to a mammal.

2. Whales did not descend from rodents.
                            Regards, HRG.

"The universe doesn't care what happens to its inhabitants, but its inhabitants do" (Tyrrho).

Comment

Tree-of-life, supported by the multiple nested hierarchy.

Regards, HRG.

"The universe doesn't care what happens to its inhabitants, but its inhabitants do" (Tyrrho).

Comment

Working...
                              X