Taking Questions on Noah's Ark

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking Questions on Noah's Ark

I'll take questions on Noah's Ark, one of the most intelligently designed structures on the Earth (next to the Tabernacle in the Wilderness), and I'll try to answer to the best of my ability.
    THE BIBLE SAYS IT, THAT SETTLES IT.

Originally posted by AV1611VET View Post
    I'll take questions on Noah's Ark, one of the most intelligently designed structures on the Earth (next to the Tabernacle in the Wilderness), and I'll try to answer to the best of my ability.
    How is it "one of the most intelligently designed structures on the Earth"?
    It seems rather like a poorly thought out contraption, designed by people who had zero clue how anything works.
    When evil is powerful, good men are silenced.

Comment

Originally posted by D Laurier View Post

It seems rather like a poorly thought out contraption, designed by people who had zero clue how anything works.
      We comparing it with Klonefish?

I have spent some quality time meeting with naval architects for some of my boats. Boats don't happen by accident.

Comment

There are zero sign of kangaroos, fossils or otherwise, outside Australia. How did kangaroos make it to the Ark and manage to migrate to Australia after the flood and clean up all their old fossils in the process?
        The "fear and pain", but this isn’t how I AM
        Don’t you forget that you are love
        Don’t you forget that you are them

Devin Townsend - Spirits Will Collide

Comment

How did freshwater fish survive the salt and vice versa?

Comment

One possible answer is given by the burning bush when it told Moses it is the "I AM" or "the being" of Israel. If this was, as the bush suggests, the "being" of Israel, then a flood that covered the whole earth would only need to cover all the Israelites. Yes, I understand Moses was not Noah, but they were presumably speaking the the same god, no?

Comment

Originally posted by D Laurier View Post

I love this video -- it's one of my favorites:

What this shows, is that you cannot [re]create a miracle.

Psalm 127:1a Except the LORD build the house, they labour in vain that build it:

Comment

Originally posted by Bluemayskye View Post
                There are zero sign of kangaroos, fossils or otherwise, outside Australia. How did kangaroos make it to the Ark and manage to migrate to Australia after the flood and clean up all their old fossils in the process?
                Of course, you realize I'm going to answer from my perspective, since the Bible is [somewhat] silent on the issue.

But in my opinion, as the animals stepped off the Ark, they were teleported to their respective ecological niches.

Much like what happened to Philip.

Acts 8:39 And when they were come up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught away Philip, that the eunuch saw him no more: and he went on his way rejoicing.
                Acts 8:40 But Philip was found at Azotus: and passing through he preached in all the cities, till he came to Caesarea.

Comment

Originally posted by Nouveau View Post

We comparing it with Klonefish?

I have spent some quality time meeting with naval architects for some of my boats. Boats don't happen by accident.
                  So why didn't the members of Noah's family who drowned just move away from the flooded area, given that the bible says it was just a local flood event which was only 15 cubits high and didn't affect a nearby olive tree?

And could Noah sail his boat at over 30 knots per hour too?

... always look on the bright side of life - Idle Cleese

Comment

Of course, you realize I'm going to answer from my perspective, since the Bible is [somewhat] silent on the issue.
                    As you well know that's because the bible clearly says that the flood which drowned most of Noah's family was only 15 cubits high and had no effect on kangaroos since they are not native to the flooded area.

Comment

But in my opinion, as the animals stepped off the Ark, they were teleported to their respective ecological niches.

Acts 8:39 And when they were come up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught away Philip, that the eunuch saw him no more: and he went on his way rejoicing.
                      Acts 8:40 But Philip was found at Azotus: and passing through he preached in all the cities, till he came to Caesarea.
                      That's a cool idea!
                      It would also explain how the various ecosystems devoid of animals were so quickly repopulated before collapsing under the ecological imbalance.

Comment

Or did they just fly there with the flying pigs?

Comment

Originally posted by juglans1 View Post
                          As you well know that's because the bible clearly says that the flood which drowned most of Noah's family was only 15 cubits high ...
                          Even if that was true, observe what water -- only inches deep -- can do:

Originally posted by juglans1
                          ... and had no effect on kangaroos since they are not native to the flooded area.
                          If they lived outside of the Ark, they were qualified to die.

Comment

Even if that was true, observe what water -- only inches deep -- can do:

Doesn't change the fact that the bible says that the particular flood which drowned most of Noah's family was only 15 cubits high, which is why it had no effect on kangaroos or sloths or on our aborigines who arrived here over 50,000 years ago and long before Adam's grandmother was a girl.

Comment

How do unborn children "qualify to die"? The flood (if global) killed every unborn child on earth by drowning their mothers.
                              The ultimate truth is that there is no ultimate truth.

Comment

Working...
                              X