Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Who is best qualified to perform surgery?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is best qualified to perform surgery?

Those elitist snobs calling themselves "doctors", or mom and dads that eschew the mainstream for fear of the 'wrong kind' of indoctrination?

Originally posted by MikeD570 View Post
    Those elitist snobs calling themselves "doctors", or mom and dads that eschew the mainstream for fear of the 'wrong kind' of indoctrination?
    Irrevelant.

It was for freedom that Christ set us free; therefore keep standing firm and do not be subject again to a yoke of slavery. Galatians 5:1 NASB

"True liberty is the ability earned by practice to do the right thing." Oswald Chambers

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepdawg View Post
      Irrevelant.
      Perfectly relevant.

Think about "neglect of a dependent."
      Reality rules, Honor the truth - in memory of Chemist.

fusilier
      James 2:24

Comment

Originally posted by fusilier View Post
        Perfectly relevant.

Think about "neglect of a dependent."
        Yes, I'm sure that many Germans were arrested for that when they did not allow their children to join the Hitler Youth.

It was for freedom that Christ set us free; therefore keep standing firm and do not be subject again to a yoke of slavery. Galatians 5:1 NASB

"True liberty is the ability earned by practice to do the right thing." Oswald Chambers

Comment

Irrevelant.
          Relevant.

Comment

Relevant.
            You have not shown how. Surgeons attend school well beyond a four-year degree, as well as are required to perform interships, residencies and pass a board.

People teaching in home schools have attended high school, many college. I do not see the parallel. Certainly they can be qualified to teach elementary subjects and some even advanced high school classes, some even college courses.

Also, I do not know any home school parents who fly solo, but also use the resources of academies, the community, the school district, online resources, etc.
            Last edited by Sheepdawg; 11-11-14, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Yes, I'm sure that many Germans were arrested for that when they did not allow their children to join the Hitler Youth.
              Aaah, Godwin's Law:

S/he who first introduces Hitler or the Nazis to a discussion on the internet has lost.
              Reality rules, Honor the truth - in memory of Chemist.

fusilier
              James 2:24

Comment

Originally posted by fusilier View Post
                Aaah, Godwin's Law:

S/he who first introduces Hitler or the Nazis to a discussion on the internet has lost.
                I did it to make a point. Care to discuss the topic?

Comment

You have not shown how. Surgeons attend school well beyond a four-year degree, as well as are required to perform interships, residencies and pass a board.

People teaching in home schools have attended high school, many college. I do not see the parallel. Certainly they can be qualified to teach elementary subjects and some even advanced high school classes, some even college courses.

Also, I do not know any home school parents who fly solo, but also use the resources of academies, the community, the school district, online resources, etc.
                  Public school teachers are required to have a minimum of a BA/BS, many schools now require a MA/MS. They are required to take continuing education classes. They are required to attend workshops and trainings.

Claiming not to see the point of the analogy is simply stubbornness on your part.

Sorry.

Comment

I did it to make a point. Care to discuss the topic?
                    You have not shown how.

Comment

Public school teachers are required to have a minimum of a BA/BS, many schools now require a MA/MS. They are required to take continuing education classes. They are required to attend workshops and trainings.

Claiming not to see the point of the analogy is simply stubbornness on your part.

Sorry.
                      Well, sorry, but most the parents I hang out with also have equivalent educations. Sorry you think so lowly of all people other than trained teachers.

Comment

You have not shown how.
                        I can't help you if you did not understand my point.

Comment

Well, sorry, but most the parents I hang out with also have equivalent educations. Sorry you think so lowly of all people other than trained teachers.
                          I should add that most people I know who have not had "formal" college educations are still very smart people. Everyone cannot afford college, nor is everyone cut out for college and many desire careers in fields that use their talents of hands-on skills.

Comment

Gee, my relatives who are doctors, and who had to complete an undergrad degree, a medical school degree, and a lengthy residency might take issue with this. I am a public school teacher and was fully employed and making money at 23 years old, while they were simply starting medical school, or still slogging through it.

Not the same, Mike. Just not the same.

Liberals do not do teachers any favors when they put us all on pedestals. So just stop, whydoncha.
                            One thing have I asked of the LORD... that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to inquire in his temple.--Psalm 27:4

Comment

Originally posted by WendyWrites View Post
                              Gee, my relatives who are doctors, and who had to complete an undergrad degree, a medical school degree, and a lengthy residency might take issue with this.

So, you are implying that your supposed relatives "who are doctors, and who had to complete an undergrad degree, a medical school degree, and a lengthy residency" would take issue with the notion that they are better prepared to perform surgery than people without such training?

because, that was the point.

I am a public school teacher and was fully employed and making money at 23 years old, while they were simply starting medical school, or still slogging through it.
                              Yes, that is great. Still irrelevant to the point, which you apparently failed to grasp.

Not the same, Mike. Just not the same.

Liberals do not do teachers any favors when they put us all on pedestals. So just stop, whydoncha.
                              Great non-sequitur - and stereotyping. I guess it is OK when you do it?

I am not putting anyone on pedestals, I am countering the vicious, idiotic attacks on them by people that Asimov had in mind when he wrote this:

“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”

Comment

Working...
                              X