Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

Edited to add more information for posters:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Once, gay-rights activists fought orthodoxy - now they enforce it.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

No it is just an example of society going OTT.

I tend to lean to Shariatmadari's view. If this man keeps his religious ideas out of his policies, then if he wants to believe the moon is made of cheese and he has goblins dancing on his lawn at night, he is free to do so.

Not "society", the Left.

It's a certain section of society, not all of us. Don't lump me in with that madness.
    One thing have I asked of the LORD... that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to inquire in his temple.--Psalm 27:4

Comment

Originally posted by brightmorningstar View Post
      This article was too good to miss.

http://www.spiked-online.com/newsite...1#.WPkFQdQrLiw

Millions in the UK and the west are no longer tolerated by secular liberalism.
      I dont think I will vote on 9th June, clearly I am not wanted in my own country.
      Tim Farron, bless him, is just not a very good politician. In the UK, politicians famously do not "do God". All our successful leaders were either at best luke-warm towards religion or like Tony Blair kept their views hidden from the electorate until well out of office. The British electorate considers religion to be a private matter and views with distrust any politician who claims to be inspired by or led by religious belief. Farron is entitled to his faith, and we are entitled to know that it will not effect his policies one way or the other. He is after all the leader of the Liberal Party. He is supposed to be liberal and claims to be liberal. It seems quite reasonable to test out his commitment to liberal policies. It is scarcely an attack on all politicians or public figures for not being liberal He is not the only politician who will be tested for hypocrisy in the coming weeks.

I am surprised that you are not intending to vote. I had assumed that you would in fact be a candidate, possibly along the lines of Screaming Lord Such and Tarquin Fin-tim-lin-bin-whin-bim-lim-bus-stop-F'tang-F'tang-Olé-Biscuitbarrel; both much-loved cultural icons in the tradition of British lovable failures, and as successful electorally as Tim Farron and his party is likely to be.
      Your belief in Julius Caesar proves the existence of God.
      CARM poster

Comment

Originally posted by Tolpuddlematyr View Post

Tim Farron, bless him, is just not a very good politician. In the UK, politicians famously do not "do God". All our successful leaders were either at best luke-warm towards religion or like Tony Blair kept their views hidden from the electorate until well out of office. The British electorate considers religion to be a private matter and views with distrust any politician who claims to be inspired by or led by religious belief. Farron is entitled to his faith, and we are entitled to know that it will not effect his policies one way or the other. He is after all the leader of the Liberal Party. He is supposed to be liberal and claims to be liberal. It seems quite reasonable to test out his commitment to liberal policies. It is scarcely an attack on all politicians or public figures for not being liberal He is not the only politician who will be tested for hypocrisy in the coming weeks.

I am surprised that you are not intending to vote. I had assumed that you would in fact be a candidate, possibly along the lines of Screaming Lord Such and Tarquin Fin-tim-lin-bin-whin-bim-lim-bus-stop-F'tang-F'tang-Olé-Biscuitbarrel; both much-loved cultural icons in the tradition of British lovable failures, and as successful electorally as Tim Farron and his party is likely to be.
        Have no fear, Tol. All the refugees streaming over from Libya? They "do God". They'll take over soon enough.
        One thing have I asked of the LORD... that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to inquire in his temple.--Psalm 27:4

Comment

One more outburst like this and we will deport Trump....to England. You have been warned.

Comment

Originally posted by simplicio View Post

One more outburst like this and we will deport Trump....to England. You have been warned.
            As I live in Wales, that threat is rather shallow. I suspect that Trump would be rather popular as a member of the Monster Raving Loony Party. He wouldn't have to change his policies, his appearance or even his name.
            CARM poster

Comment

As I live in Wales, that threat is rather shallow. I suspect that Trump would be rather popular as a member of the Monster Raving Loony Party. He wouldn't have to change his policies, his appearance or even his name.
              But would he be content with local politics, or the national stage and spot light?

Hey, isn't Wales that place with the most improbable language of all?

Comment

I dont think I will vote on 9th June, clearly I am not wanted in my own country.
                Boo hoo! My intolerance is not tolerated!

Your views on homosexuals are akin to racism. Should we tolerate racism?
                Does the evidence for the origin of the universe indicate a supernatural cause? I have seen it claimed, but never supported.

Comment

So one politician being asked questions by one reporter represents "intolerance?" Lets compare that to what you would like to do to homosexuals and the transgendered, which is to pass laws designed to deny them any place in society. Man up, snowflake. A politician who can't survive a reporter's grilling has no business running for PM.

Comment

Originally posted by simplicio View Post

But would he be content with local politics, or the national stage and spot light?

Hey, isn't Wales that place with the most improbable language of all?
                    Welsh is a wonderful language. The Welsh for "oven" is "popti". The Welsh for microwave oven is "popti ping". Jelly fish is " piscoed wibbly-wobbly".

I'm not sure Trump is satisfied with mere global attention. I suspect that he will fund attempts to find life on Enceladus in order to sell it MAGA hats.
                    CARM poster

Comment

Originally posted by WendyWrites View Post

The irony of the "Tolerance Brigade" crying about us outing you all for your intolerance, and saying, yeah, well you were intolerant too.

Leftism is so much on the wane. I mean all you can do is say, yeah, we're the worst, but you sucked first.

So done.
                      No it isn't. Not anymore than than Rightism is on the wane. Let's be real; when it comes to politics, progressivism vs conservatism is here to stay. This dichotomy has been with us from the beginning, and is embellished with culture and changes its bells and whistles as culture changes. There will be no eventual eradication of the Right, or the Left, as if one could 'win' over the other.

It is indeed ironic for the Left to tout tolerance for differences, and then bash people over the head for not tolerating. Rather than this being a death knell for Leftism, it's an indication that the progressive leaning folks are no less prone to enforcing their views on others than the conservative leaning folks.

The reasonable middle ground is liberalism, which would not bash conservative Christians over the head for their religious beliefs, but would accept a person's right to their particular beliefs.

It would not, however, 'tolerate' conservative Christians enforcing their religious beliefs via social policy and law on people who don't share them.

Comment

Welsh is a wonderful language. The Welsh for "oven" is "popti". The Welsh for microwave oven is "popti ping". Jelly fish is " piscoed wibbly-wobbly".
                        How charming I have to force myself to get to work now, instead of go on an internet search about Welsh language, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Kastewart View Post

How charming I have to force myself to get to work now, instead of go on an internet search about Welsh language, though.
                          The truly improbable thing is that Welsh is also spoken in parts of Patagonia, the legacy of a Welsh colony in Argentina.
                          CARM poster

Comment

Have no fear, Tol. All the refugees streaming over from Libya? They "do God". They'll take over soon enough.
                            This is such unintentional projection! Is that what y'all would do, if you had your druthers? Take over?

And what . . . sadistic turn-of-mind is it to speak that way to somebody, who would be an innocent victim in a 'take over'?

Is being 'right' really that satisfying? Do you gloat when Europeans are mowed down by radical Islamists? Is that what they 'get' for 'allowing' all those refugees to stream over from Libya?

Comment

I have said it before, I will say it again. These Leftist Puritans, these Thought Police, have no use for "live and let live". You WILL tow their line. You WILL subscribe to their Orthodoxy, jack-booted little thug totalitarians that they all are in their cold little hearts.

That's Leftism; it's who they are. They are the ones calling racist, haters, h0mophobes and all, and have been from the start. As the article states, it's not enough for you to just hold your views privately. Nope. You must be flushed out, outed, and punished.

All the name calling, all this time, simply projection. Almost everything they do is really projection.
                              Thanks for the response Wendy. Exactly. The ones full of hate and intolerance are the ones accusing others of hate and intolerance.

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

Probably just as well. The election is scheduled for June 8th.
                                have to admit that was a good one.. blessings.

Comment

Working...
                                X