Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

Edited to add more information for posters:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Terror in Times Square - Car Plows Into Crowd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GondwanaLand View Post

Whoopsie, doesn't look like it was one of those "ragheads" as you so pleasantly slur them He apparently believed the end of the world was coming..... oh and: http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/18/us/new...ans/index.html
    What's a slur for Christians we can use instead of your slur? Hmmmm..... Cross-worshipers? Blood-drinkers?
    I am reminded of the atheist who says to a believer "Actually we are both atheists. It's just that I reject one more god than you do. And when you understand why I reject all gods except yours, you will understand why I reject yours as well"

It is OK to attack other religions as guano crazy. Christians will often join in with relish. Try to suggest that precisely the same arguments can be applied to Christianity and watch the righteous fury unleashed.

Comment

Originally posted by Aagcobb View Post

You do, however, believe in rounding up all the people whose skin is a shade too dark for your fancy and kicking them out of the country. I'd call that terrorism.
      It may well be that. It is DEFINITELY an example of the brainlessness that can't distinguish between the words "all" and "some". Even when it is pointed out over and over and over and...

Comment

Originally posted by America View Post
        Anyone who's read the story, and has a basic understanding of the facts involved.
        Which one of 'em??? A "religious nut" (different religion) is told by God to go kill folks, and does. Sounds like terrorism to me. So far ISLAM get's a "bye" on it, for a change. Good for them.

Mr. McVey wasn't ISLAMIC (just ticked about Ruby Ridge and Waco), nor were Karleton Armstrong, Dwight Armstrong, David Fine, and Leo Burt who weren't fond of our involvement in Vietnam.

Comment

What's a slur for Christians we can use instead of your slur?
          Psst!! "Christian" was intended as a "Slur" by folks who weren't "fond" of the Gospel back in the day.

Comment

What's a slur for Christians we can use instead of your slur? Hmmmm..... Cross-worshipers? Blood-drinkers?
            God botherer is one I have heard but I don't know if it is used in the US.
            A CARM poster on the 1st century Hellenised world:

"Paper, writing utensils, the very act of writing was rare and dear."

"If men could get pregnant, abortion would be a sacrament"

Gloria Steinem

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Carabbio View Post

Which one of 'em??? A "religious nut" (different religion) is told by God to go kill folks, and does. Sounds like terrorism to me. So far ISLAM get's a "bye" on it, for a change. Good for them.

Mr. McVey wasn't ISLAMIC (just ticked about Ruby Ridge and Waco), nor were Karleton Armstrong, Dwight Armstrong, David Fine, and Leo Burt who weren't fond of our involvement in Vietnam.
              And you have absolutely no reason to believe that this is religiously motivated. None. Now stop this garbage.

Comment

Words mean things, Bob. If you're going to change those definitions to suit whatever arguments you're trying to make at the moment, you might as well stop pretending to be speaking English.

There was no terrorism in Times Square, despite the fact that there certainly was terror.
                Anyone who actually believes in the existence of sin will avoid lying about others and misrepresenting them.

Comment

Originally posted by DasBrille View Post

And you have absolutely no reason to believe that this is religiously motivated. None. Now stop this garbage.
                  "God told me to" isn't religious?? Imagine that.

Comment

"God told me to" isn't religious?? Imagine that.
                    Yeah, the holy spirit speaks audibly to people on PCP, doesn't he

Some crackhead steals your social security check, and he tells the police God told him to do it. You gonna believe that his motivation was religion, Bob?

Imagine that.
                    Anyone who actually believes in the existence of sin will avoid lying about others and misrepresenting them.

Comment

Originally posted by America View Post
                      Words mean things, Bob. If you're going to change those definitions to suit whatever arguments you're trying to make at the moment, you might as well stop pretending to be speaking English.

There was no terrorism in Times Square, despite the fact that there certainly was terror.
                      Hmm - "Terror" that wasn't caused by Terrorism (A Car purposely driving fast on a crowded sidewalk for THREE BLOCKS).

And I'M changing definitions - Oh well.

HOWEVER -
                      One of the issues in the ISLAMIC bombing in Boston some years ago was whether it was "Terrorism", or just an "act of vandalism".

It turns out that the U.S. Attorney General and the Secretaries of State and Treasury have to certify it as a "Terrorist Attack" before it legally "Is One", and since the Boston Bombing IS NOT certified to be a ":Terrorist Attack", then Claims filed for damages in the event were summarily refused.

Turns out that the INSURANCE COMPANIES have a vested interest in "Definitions" under the "Terrorism Risk Insurance Act" of 2002.

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

God botherer is one I have heard but I don't know if it is used in the US.
                        MAN!! I haven't heard that one in probably 54 years!!! My friend Stan McKinnon was an Atheist-leaning Agnostic, and he used to call me "the God Botherer" after I got Saved in 63.

Comment

Horrific CCTV Video Emerges of Times Square Driver During Rampage….

Very disturbing CCTV video assembled from the scene(s) near Times Square in New York, shows the deliberate and intentional attack of the driver. The driver was identified as 26-year-old Richard Rojas from the Bronx. His vehicular rampage killed an 18-year-old girl and seriously injured 22 others when he drove through crowds near Times Square.

There is ZERO possibility of this being an “accident”. Nor was this a DUI or DWI event. The driver made a U-Turn and intentionally drove on the sidewalk for four blocks specifically targeting the largest possible groups and crowds, steering toward them and accelerating. It’s actually a miracle more people were not killed. This video is far, far more graphic than the Nice, France terrorist attack. This video also removes any doubt this was anything except an intentional and deliberate targeting of people.

The video is below. WARNING – It’s disturbing. You cannot ever unsee it.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...e/#more-132850

Comment

Originally posted by molly View Post
                            Horrific CCTV Video Emerges of Times Square Driver During Rampage….

Very disturbing CCTV video assembled from the scene(s) near Times Square in New York, shows the deliberate and intentional attack of the driver. The driver was identified as 26-year-old Richard Rojas from the Bronx. His vehicular rampage killed an 18-year-old girl and seriously injured 22 others when he drove through crowds near Times Square.

There is ZERO possibility of this being an “accident”. Nor was this a DUI or DWI event. The driver made a U-Turn and intentionally drove on the sidewalk for four blocks specifically targeting the largest possible groups and crowds, steering toward them and accelerating. It’s actually a miracle more people were not killed. This video is far, far more graphic than the Nice, France terrorist attack. This video also removes any doubt this was anything except an intentional and deliberate targeting of people.

What a good Christian Terrorist.
                            A Forum Trump Follower:

"Maybe the Jews invented the Nazi's. Some have suggested that. It's not so farfetched."

"Didn't the Mossad have something to do with 911?"

Donald John Trump:
                            "I don't stand by anything"

Comment

Originally posted by molly View Post

This is why the media, when it's trying to make victims out of black thugs, they always show pictures of the thugs as young children. Because, if you see what monsters these people really are, you'd want them skinned alive, not martyred like Trayvon Martin, Michael Brown, etc.

Comment

Hmm - "Terror" that wasn't caused by Terrorism
                                Happens every time there's an earthquake, house fire or bank robbery, Bob. Not sure why you're having so much trouble with this.

Comment

Working...
                                X