Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

"....but Putty, we tried to get the sanctions lifed for you"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Heraclitus View Post
    How the Trump administration’s secret efforts to ease Russia sanctions fell short

"In the early weeks of the Trump administration, former Obama administration officials and State Department staffers fought an intense, behind-the-scenes battle to head off efforts by incoming officials to normalize relations with Russia, according to multiple sources familiar with the events.

Unknown to the public at the time, top Trump administration officials, almost as soon as they took office, tasked State Department staffers with developing proposals for the lifting of economic sanctions, the return of diplomatic compounds and other steps to relieve tensions with Moscow.

These efforts to relax or remove punitive measures imposed by President Obama in retaliation for Russia’s intervention in Ukraine and meddling in the 2016 election alarmed some State Department officials, who immediately began lobbying congressional leaders to quickly pass legislation to block the move, the sources said.

“There was serious consideration by the White House to unilaterally rescind the sanctions,” said Dan Fried, a veteran State Department official who served as chief U.S. coordinator for sanctions policy until he retired in late February. He said in the first few weeks of the administration, he received several “panicky” calls from U.S. government officials who told him they had been directed to develop a sanctions-lifting package and imploring him, “Please, my God, can’t you stop this?”

Fried said he grew so concerned that he contacted Capitol Hill allies — including Sen. Ben Cardin, D-Md., the ranking minority member on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee — to urge them to move quickly to pass legislation that would “codify” the sanctions in place, making it difficult for President Trump to remove them."
    HERE

They need to pass legislation to prevent Trump for rewarding Putin for activity trying to undermine our electoral process
    I just betcha all the benevolent Russians that shipped the megamillions to Hillary, not The Donald, would never have thought of asking her to ease up.

Comment

How the Trump administration’s secret efforts to ease Russia sanctions fell short

"In the early weeks of the Trump administration, former Obama administration officials and State Department staffers fought an intense, behind-the-scenes battle to head off efforts by incoming officials to normalize relations with Russia, according to multiple sources familiar with the events.

Unknown to the public at the time, top Trump administration officials, almost as soon as they took office, tasked State Department staffers with developing proposals for the lifting of economic sanctions, the return of diplomatic compounds and other steps to relieve tensions with Moscow.

These efforts to relax or remove punitive measures imposed by President Obama in retaliation for Russia’s intervention in Ukraine and meddling in the 2016 election alarmed some State Department officials, who immediately began lobbying congressional leaders to quickly pass legislation to block the move, the sources said.

“There was serious consideration by the White House to unilaterally rescind the sanctions,” said Dan Fried, a veteran State Department official who served as chief U.S. coordinator for sanctions policy until he retired in late February. He said in the first few weeks of the administration, he received several “panicky” calls from U.S. government officials who told him they had been directed to develop a sanctions-lifting package and imploring him, “Please, my God, can’t you stop this?”

Fried said he grew so concerned that he contacted Capitol Hill allies — including Sen. Ben Cardin, D-Md., the ranking minority member on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee — to urge them to move quickly to pass legislation that would “codify” the sanctions in place, making it difficult for President Trump to remove them."
      HERE

They need to pass legislation to prevent Trump for rewarding Putin for activity trying to undermine our electoral process
      This OP is crying for an update of the evidence of Trump/Russia collusion.

Following is the full list of evidence against Trump:

If he had meant to cast you away he would have done so long ago. If he wanted reasons for rejecting you he had reasons from all eternity, for he knew what you would be. No sin in you has been a surprise to him. C.H. Spurgeon

Comment

HERE

Obama and team did what they could to undermine President-elect Trump even before he was sworn in. They lost, but they have not given up. They may be stupid in that regard but they sure can be hard-headed.
        I am not a NPB-Onlyist (No Perfect Bible Onlyist), nor a NA/UBS-Onlyist. Marke

If this book be not infallible, where shall we find infallibility? We have given up the Pope, for he has blundered often and terribly; but we shall not set up instead of him a horde of little popelings fresh from college. C. H. Spurgeon

For that Revised Version I have but little care as a general rule, holding it to be by no means an improvement upon our common Authorized Version. C.H. Spurgeon

Comment

Originally posted by DasBrille View Post

They certainly used to. One place you could find the American Dream alive and well was Moscow among the ordinary Josips.. If they were told that America had problems like any other country, they didn't want to hear it.
          Perhaps they still do envy it. There is much to envy. But then they have been shielded from the direction Trump is taking the country.
          I used to have confidence in American good sense that they would reject Trump. That confidence has been damaged, and I have seen nothing to repair it. Quite the opposite.
          Sorry to say but Putin is still having people opposed to him and his operations, poisoned, thrown off buildings, shot in front the Red Square, jailed and silenced.

That's the swell guy the useful idiot wants to emulate.
          Song of Solomon 4:5: Thy two breasts are like two fawns That are twins of a gazelle, Which feed among the lilies.

Comment

Nothing in the article precludes this being a Chicken or the Egg situation. To wit, the aide might have known Drumpf was looking for a way to shine Russia's knob, and chose this.

On its own, the story headline sounds a little ominous, but on closer inspection, this could easily have been inexperience combined with creativity. I'm not sure I buy the idea that this is part of the larger narrative (yet?)
            She will descend on a fiery cloud of demons to the place of round bread, and garnish them with the body and blood of young vegetables
            ~Podestaronomy 11:6 and 7

Comment

Trump is the consummate useful idiot. I am sure Russia never realized to what degree.
              I respectfully disagree. Russia has been using our political divisions to enhance its narrative that we're a racist nation (and thus no better than other countries).

I think they knew exactly who/what the orange stain was...
              She will descend on a fiery cloud of demons to the place of round bread, and garnish them with the body and blood of young vegetables

Comment

Originally posted by America View Post
                I respectfully disagree. Russia has been using our political divisions to enhance its narrative that we're a racist nation (and thus no better than other countries).

I think they knew exactly who/what the orange stain was...
                I don't disagree. What I am saying is they probably never realized to what degree Trump was going to be given not only sowing division here, but overall stupidity with his zeal to cozy up with them.

Remember when Trump divulged secret intel to them just so he can chuckle it up with them by bragging about firing Comey. They didn't see that coming. That is just an example.
                Song of Solomon 4:5: Thy two breasts are like two fawns That are twins of a gazelle, Which feed among the lilies.

Comment

Originally posted by America View Post
                  Nothing in the article precludes this being a Chicken or the Egg situation. To wit, the aide might have known Drumpf was looking for a way to shine Russia's knob, and chose this.

On its own, the story headline sounds a little ominous, but on closer inspection, this could easily have been inexperience combined with creativity. I'm not sure I buy the idea that this is part of the larger narrative (yet?)
                  The point:

"In mid-December, The Washington Post reported that Harrington viewed U.S. closeness with Russia “as critical for surviving an energy apocalypse,” something his associates, the paper reported, said Harrington “discussed frequently and depicted as inevitable.”

This fit a pattern within the Trump administration, before and after Flynn’s White House tenure, of sidling up to Russia. Taken in sum, the pattern raises a question about whether Trump and his team are willing to pay Russia back for the Kremlin’s role in the election."
                  It was Feb, and well after Trump et al knew the Russians were trying to help them win the election.

Comment

The point:

"In mid-December, The Washington Post reported that Harrington viewed U.S. closeness with Russia “as critical for surviving an energy apocalypse,” something his associates, the paper reported, said Harrington “discussed frequently and depicted as inevitable.”

This fit a pattern within the Trump administration, before and after Flynn’s White House tenure, of sidling up to Russia. Taken in sum, the pattern raises a question about whether Trump and his team are willing to pay Russia back for the Kremlin’s role in the election."
                    It was Feb, and well after Trump et al knew the Russians were trying to help them win the election.
                    Sorry, you were right. I missed that.

Comment

I don't disagree. What I am saying is they probably never realized to what degree Trump was going to be given not only sowing division here, but overall stupidity with his zeal to cozy up with them.

Remember when Trump divulged secret intel to them just so he can chuckle it up with them by bragging about firing Comey. They didn't see that coming. That is just an example.
                      Why can't Trump be like the great Obama, and bring the races together?
                      I am not a NPB-Onlyist (No Perfect Bible Onlyist), nor a NA/UBS-Onlyist. Marke

If this book be not infallible, where shall we find infallibility? We have given up the Pope, for he has blundered often and terribly; but we shall not set up instead of him a horde of little popelings fresh from college. C. H. Spurgeon

For that Revised Version I have but little care as a general rule, holding it to be by no means an improvement upon our common Authorized Version. C.H. Spurgeon

Comment

Trump is the consummate useful idiot. I am sure Russia never realized to what degree.

Putin laughed at brownie messiah.

Comment

Working...
                        X