Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

Edited to add more information for posters:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Just when you thought it could not get worse......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just when you thought it could not get worse......

OK. Here is the deal.
    Donald Trump is the POTUS. Yes...if you are an American, he is YOUR POTUS. Like him or not.
    I try to support my POTUS. I have done so since Carter and Reagan. Heck...I even applauded Obama's moves in the Asia Pacific Region.
    I have defend Trump on the whole Russia thing. If there must be prosecutions, I am constantly calling for equal prosecutions on both sides of the isle. I went to bat for him on the whole NK thing and a host of other issues. And posters here have seen it.
    But now this?
    Hey, look. I generally support the T.R. theory of "Speak Softly and Carry a Big Stick". The trick is in knowing when, where, how and why to use said 'big stick'. Sadly, the majority of our presidents fail miserably in this.
    Trump seems to be taking this failure to an entirely new level. Our military is not the world's police force, nor should it be used as some sort of black mail leverage against a foreign nation.
    Just what in the h@ ll is this maniac thinking? We may not like or agree with what Mad Man Maduro is doing in Venezuala, but threatening him with military options?
    On whose authority? With whose backing? What the h@ ll is he thinking? Or is he thinking? Does he have any idea the damage this is doing? Right out of the gate, he is forcing Venezuelans to choose between supporting a foreign invasion of their shores and a despot dictator. And that seems to be the bright spot.
    Don't we already have enough problems with NK and the ME? And yes...in reality, saying something as seemingly innocuous as 'military option is not off the table' is essentially equivalent to being as direct a threat as you can get without actually saying "I am going to bomb you"
    Hello Donald. Anybody home?? I am beginning to wonder.

Would somebody please tell me how in the h@ ll I, or anyone else for that matter, can keep trying to support Trump, or any POTUS who is so seemingly brain dead and war like?
    For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will suffice. Unknowm Author

"That's Nice" Agnes Brown

ďItís the Holy Spiritís job to convict, Godís job to judge, and itís my job to love.Ē

Originally posted by dale1257 View Post
    OK. Here is the deal.
    Donald Trump is the POTUS. Yes...if you are an American, he is YOUR POTUS. Like him or not.
    I try to support my POTUS. I have done so since Carter and Reagan. Heck...I even applauded Obama's moves in the Asia Pacific Region.
    I have defend Trump on the whole Russia thing. If there must be prosecutions, I am constantly calling for equal prosecutions on both sides of the isle. I went to bat for him on the whole NK thing and a host of other issues. And posters here have seen it.
    But now this?
    Hey, look. I generally support the T.R. theory of "Speak Softly and Carry a Big Stick". The trick is in knowing when, where, how and why to use said 'big stick'. Sadly, the majority of our presidents fail miserably in this.
    Trump seems to be taking this failure to an entirely new level. Our military is not the world's police force, nor should it be used as some sort of black mail leverage against a foreign nation.
    Just what in the h@ ll is this maniac thinking? We may not like or agree with what Mad Man Maduro is doing in Venezuala, but threatening him with military options?
    On whose authority? With whose backing? What the h@ ll is he thinking? Or is he thinking? Does he have any idea the damage this is doing? Right out of the gate, he is forcing Venezuelans to choose between supporting a foreign invasion of their shores and a despot dictator. And that seems to be the bright spot.
    Don't we already have enough problems with NK and the ME? And yes...in reality, saying something as seemingly innocuous as 'military option is not off the table' is essentially equivalent to being as direct a threat as you can get without actually saying "I am going to bomb you"

Would somebody please tell me how in the h@ ll I, or anyone else for that matter, can keep trying to support Trump, or any POTUS who is so seemingly brain dead and war like?
    What can you expect with the debacles in Vietnam and Iraq as high points in history and Venezuela not having nukes or having to declare war on China if he hits NK first.

Last edited by juglans1; 08-12-17, 04:02 PM.
    ... always look on the bright side of life - Idle Cleese

Comment

OK. Here is the deal.
      But now this?

relax, D.J. Trump is God's hand of judgment on this nation
      p.s. yes it can and will eventually get far, far worse
      He deprives the leaders of the earth of their reason; he makes them wander in a trackless waste.
      Job 12:24

Tick Tock, Israel is Yahweh's clock.

Comment

What the h@ ll is he thinking? Or is he thinking?
        He's running one of the most powerful governments on the planet like a business. Everything is transactional; and history prior to the previous transaction is immaterial. He pushes his weight around with little care or finesse.

No, I don't believe he was thinking. He was simply doing what he's always done, consequences be-damned.
        Anyone who actually believes in the existence of sin will avoid lying about others and misrepresenting them.

Comment

OK. Here is the deal.
          No here's the deal. Don't support him Don't pretend to support hm.

Just simply tell yourself like all the liberals do the North Korea hasn't been a bother to the US until Trump became President. Tell yourself like liberals do that "The Resistance" that insanely believes Russia stole the election for Trump is the best way to solve the nation's problems...proof is in Charlottesville today.

The media doesn't fool me for a second. When they lie and claim Trump is raising the rhetoric, myself I have a memory and remember the day before when Kim Jung-in said something threatening for Trump to respond. History begins each morning with a liberal, they have no memory to amount to anything. That's one reason our education system is behind the third world and why liberals have lowered standards for our schools.

But it's not worth the argument. Don't support him, the liberals on this board will pretend to like you and pat you on the back and all that. But the rest of us will support his good marks and raise heck on his bad marks. Like his failure to get congress to fund a border wall to keep more MS-13 murderers from South America out of Chicago who Rahm wants to bring in.

Comment

Originally posted by America View Post
            He's running one of the most powerful governments on the planet like a business. Everything is transactional; and history prior to the previous transaction is immaterial. He pushes his weight around with little care or finesse.

No, I don't believe he was thinking. He was simply doing what he's always done, consequences be-damned.
            In other news, the United States has officially been reorganized as Trump Incorporated. Will this be a sharp business endeavour for Trump, or will it be a slump? Business Insider will have the lowdown.

As reported by...
            "Such are the things that men call good and beautiful, Asclepius - things which we cannot flee or hate; for hardest thing of all is that we've need of them and cannot live without them." - Corpus Hermeticum, VI.6b

Comment

OK. Here is the deal.
              But now this?

Well i''ve ended quite a few posts by saying that this is only going to get worse. The reason is that the dolt in the Oval Office cannot change, and he can count on the support of the cretins. So far I have been absolutely right.

And just think, the white trash guttersnipe in the Oval Office is just getting started..

Comment

Originally posted by Hemi View Post

No here's the deal. Don't support him Don't pretend to support hm.
                (Irrelevant drivel deleted)
                You really cannot defend Trump, can you?
                Do you have the guts to admit that he embarrasses you that you have to change the subject every time the piece of garbage in the Oval Office gets mentioned?
                Can you at least do that?

Comment

There is little doubt that Trump had no idea that his comments would be construed as a threat. But that's the kind of president many of us wanted.

Will he walk it back like a sane person? I seriously doubt it.

Comment

OK. Here is the deal.
                    But now this?

Sure. He isn't PC.
                    ďThe powers delegated by the proposed Constitution to the federal government are few and defined. Those which are to remain in the State governments are numerous and indefinite."-Madison

Comment

Originally posted by CelticSpice View Post

In other news, the United States has officially been reorganized as Trump Incorporated. Will this be a sharp business endeavour for Trump, or will it be a slump? Business Insider will have the lowdown.

As reported by...
                      Sell sell sell!
                      Anyone who actually believes in the existence of sin will avoid lying about others and misrepresenting them.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxmus View Post

Sure. He isn't PC.
                        What a strange understanding of PC.

Comment

Originally posted by Kastewart View Post

What a strange understanding of PC.
                          Then you tell me what PC is and what the execution of its dictates are. Me, I'm thinking it is to put people into groups and treat them differently based on certain demographics by using government power.
                          ďThe powers delegated by the proposed Constitution to the federal government are few and defined. Those which are to remain in the State governments are numerous and indefinite."-Madison

Comment

OK. Here is the deal.
                            But now this?

Well, you could give up viewing Trump's behavior with a rational eye. Avoid MSM like Reuters. Turn on the talk radio and absorb passively. Pretty soon you'll have no problem with him.

Comment

OK. Here is the deal. Donald Trump is the POTUS. Yes...if you are an American, he is YOUR POTUS. Like him or not.
                              That just about covers it. The only "input" you or anybody else can give won't happen till '20. In the meantime settle back and enjoy the ride.

Comment

Working...
                              X