Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

Edited to add more information for posters:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Let Them Eat Paper Towels

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let Them Eat Paper Towels

http://www.abc15.com/news/national/h...in-puerto-rico

Because screw Puerto Rico, right Trumpers?

Most of the island still doesn’t have access to clean water or electricity, and people are literally dying to conditions there, but because they didn’t bow enough to the Great American King’s effort to hoop-shoot paper towels in their general direction, they clearly deserve it.
    To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Originally posted by Master Fwiffo View Post

Most of the island still doesn’t have access to clean water or electricity, and people are literally dying to conditions there, but because they didn’t bow enough to the Great American King’s effort to hoop-shoot paper towels in their general direction, they clearly deserve it.
    Why is it if you go to a resort on Puerto Rico they suggest you stay on the resort?

Just for the record...when Trump was "hoop shooting" paper towels...the people were asking him to throw them their way. Did you know that? They were having FUN. That's right. Actually having FUN with it. How do i know? I actually watched the video. Apparently you didn't but rather heard a report from the fake news side.

I trust you stand corrected.

Comment

The news on CNN this morning contains stories about him throwing a tantrum (claiming to hate everyone), about his staff deciding they'd tackle him if he ordered a nuclear strike against the DPRK - as well as his whining about Puerto Rico.

Some of it may be false; I simply don't know. The problem is that - given his past behavior and the state apparent state of the white house - it could easily all be true.

Something about his comments this morning made me think - literally for the first time in his administration - that he needs to go. Now. Any idiot knows FEMA can't stay in Puerto Rico forever; there's no need to say that, and certainly not when PR citizens are still suffering.

Last edited by America; 10-12-17, 09:42 AM.
      Anyone who actually believes in the existence of sin will avoid lying about others and misrepresenting them.

Comment

Originally posted by America View Post
        The news on CNN this morning contains stories about him throwing a tantrum (claiming to hate everyone), about his staff deciding they'd tackle him if he ordered a nuclear strike against the DPRK - as well as his whining about Puerto Rico.

Some of it may be false; I simply don't know. The problem is that - given his past behavior and the state apparent state of the white house - it could easily all be true.

Something about his comments this morning made me think - literally for the first time in his administration - that he needs to go. Now.
        Trump has never been what you would call a competent individual - just look at the number of times he's been bankrupt. I think there is a good chance the stress of being the president is starting to get to him. I thought it would take a bit longer before he started having a nervous breakdown.

Comment

Originally posted by CrowCross View Post

Why is it if you go to a resort on Puerto Rico they suggest you stay on the resort?

Just for the record...when Trump was "hoop shooting" paper towels...the people were asking him to throw them their way. Did you know that? They were having FUN. That's right. Actually having FUN with it. How do i know? I actually watched the video. Apparently you didn't but rather heard a report from the fake news side.

Dont confuese these people with rational beings. They are hysterical and hate filled. They are so blind with ignorance and hatred for trump they can't help that it oozes from every pore.
          "Now, what is the Sacrament of the Altar!
          Answer: It is the true body and blood of our Lord Jesus Christ, in and under the bread and wine which we Christians are commanded by the Word of Christ to eat and to drink."

Martin Luther "The Large Cathechism"

Comment

Don't worry Fwiff, it'll all work out.

If he had meant to cast you away he would have done so long ago. If he wanted reasons for rejecting you he had reasons from all eternity, for he knew what you would be. No sin in you has been a surprise to him. C.H. Spurgeon

Comment

Originally posted by teabagsalad View Post

trump has never been what you would call a competent individual - just look at the number of times he's been bankrupt. I think there is a good chance the stress of being the president is starting to get to him. I thought it would take a bit longer before he started having a nervous breakdown.
              rofl

If he had meant to cast you away he would have done so long ago. If he wanted reasons for rejecting you he had reasons from all eternity, for he knew what you would be. No sin in you has been a surprise to him. C.H. Spurgeon

Comment

Fwiffo's never read, or heard a fact he can't ignore.

Comment

Originally posted by Howie View Post
                  rofl
                  I don't think the idea of a the president having a nervous breakdown is at all funny. He does have the nuclear codes after all.

Comment

Originally posted by ignatius View Post

Dont confuese these people with rational beings. They are hysterical and hate filled. They are so blind with ignorance and hatred for trump they can't help that it oozes from every pore.
                    Yes. Prior to the Presidential Election in 2016 conservatives who come to this site were being constantly bombarded with predictions of what our reactions would be when Hillary won the election. We were going to start,or try to start, an insurrection. We would be devastated and protesting. It would take years before the Republican party would ever recover, etc, ad nauseum.

Instead, everything predicted has been visited on the Democrat party, the liberals, the progressives, and the fringe left. When Obama was elected we didn't see the outpouring of hate and vitriol that is now coming from the left. SNL has made it their mission to end the Trump presidency. The late night shows are a never-ending tirade against him. Awards shows on television serve as a platform to bash Trump. Comediennes holding up severed, blood-covered heads that resemble Trump. Johnny Depp asking "When was the last time an actor assassinated a President?" Madonna saying, "I must admit, the idea of blowing up the White House has entered my mind."

The left is throwing a tantrum, the like of which has never been seen.

About most things that divide liberals and conservatives on CARM, the ekstreem view is often demonstrated, on both sides, and far exceeds the views of the public in general. But not so in Trump's case. The views and opinions of liberal CARM posters are, in my opinion, not nearly as hateful as is seen in the real world.

Hysterical and hate filled doesn't even come close.
                    I'll come back this fall, when the scuplins is ripe...Sina M.

In memory of SFC William Sherril Stinson, KIA 08JAN73 near Quang Tri City, South Vietnam...RIP

Comment

Originally posted by TeabagSalad View Post

I don't think the idea of a the president having a nervous breakdown is at all funny. He does have the nuclear codes after all.
                      Spare me your misinformed hysteria.

Trump was elected because the majority of Americans are rejecting you. Keep it up. They'll vote the same way in the next Presidential election, and the one after that, and the one after that, and so on, until you all die out.

You go, TeabagSalad, you go!

Comment

Originally posted by awsmmix View Post

Yes. Prior to the Presidential Election in 2016 conservatives who come to this site were being constantly bombarded with predictions of what our reactions would be when Hillary won the election. We were going to start,or try to start, an insurrection. We would be devastated and protesting. It would take years before the Republican party would ever recover, etc, ad nauseum.

Instead, everything predicted has been visited on the Democrat party, the liberals, the progressives, and the fringe left. When Obama was elected we didn't see the outpouring of hate and vitriol that is now coming from the left. SNL has made it their mission to end the Trump presidency. The late night shows are a never-ending tirade against him. Awards shows on television serve as a platform to bash Trump. Comediennes holding up severed, blood-covered heads that resemble Trump. Johnny Depp asking "When was the last time an actor assassinated a President?" Madonna saying, "I must admit, the idea of blowing up the White House has entered my mind."

The left is throwing a tantrum, the like of which has never been seen.

About most things that divide liberals and conservatives on CARM, the ekstreem view is often demonstrated, on both sides, and far exceeds the views of the public in general. But not so in Trump's case. The views and opinions of liberal CARM posters are, in my opinion, not nearly as hateful as is seen in the real world.

Hysterical and hate filled doesn't even come close.
                        This is about as good an assessment of the situation as I have ever seen. I defy any leftist to cite a circumstance where the response of any conservative reached this level of hysteria against odumbo or any other leftist.
                        "Now, what is the Sacrament of the Altar!
                        Answer: It is the true body and blood of our Lord Jesus Christ, in and under the bread and wine which we Christians are commanded by the Word of Christ to eat and to drink."

Martin Luther "The Large Cathechism"

Comment

I've got a scoop for you. In case you didn't read about it, they took a direct hit from a Cat 4 hurricane. Almost all the infrastructure destroyed. A day after the storm hit there were predictions that it could be up to a year before electricity was restored completely.

And you have the gall to say its because they didn't bow to Trump?

Boy, are you, 1) completely out of touch, or 2) you think there are a bunch of stupid people reading your drivel.
                          I'll come back this fall, when the scuplins is ripe...Sina M.

In memory of SFC William Sherril Stinson, KIA 08JAN73 near Quang Tri City, South Vietnam...RIP

Comment

Beats getting hit with a tossed gallon jar of pickles.

Comment

Because screw Puerto Rico...
                              I don't think that is possible. I suppose you can try.

Most of the island still doesnt have access to clean water or electricity...
                              Sounds like Democrats didn't help PR all these years, being so backwards and all. Just a push and they fall over.
                              "The beautiful cry of 'Death to America' unites our nation."
                              Hassan Rouhani, President of Iran

“An atheist has to know a lot more than I know. An atheist is someone who knows there is no God.”
                              Carl Sagan

God is love.

Comment

Working...
                              X