Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

Edited to add more information for posters:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

World economy to crash

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World economy to crash

During and after the financial crisis of 2008 the Federal Reserve took measures to prop up the economy. These mainly included the offering of near 0% interest rates and the expansion of its balance sheet in buying up U.S. treasury bonds and other securities. As of October 1st now the same Federal Reserve has begun to reverse this process by selling off their assets in an accelerated rate. We have already seen how since Trump was elected they have been reversing interest rates with steady increases. So now that these efforts that thwarted a total collapse in 2008 are being removed, it should only be a matter of time until the whole system does come crashing down. (probably by design) Be prepared.

I'm really not worried about this. At all.

The federal reserve can impact foreign markets, but it doesn't have the financial power to take them down - let alone the whole kit-and-kaboodle
    Anyone who actually believes in the existence of sin will avoid lying about others and misrepresenting them.

Comment

Originally posted by America View Post

The federal reserve can impact foreign markets, but it doesn't have the financial power to take them down - let alone the whole kit-and-kaboodle
      Well since the US economy is irrevocably intertwined into all of the other world economies, the domino effect should be quite noticeable. It would be the same if China's economy suddenly fell through and then all the rest would. I am with you though that if perhaps Liechtenstein's economy collapsed it would not cause a worldwide chain reaction. However, when dealing with world superpowers it is quite different.

Comment

Your opinion. President Trump is Wharton School You are not.

Comment

Originally posted by ziggy33200 View Post

Well since the US economy is irrevocably intertwined into all of the other world economies, the domino effect should be quite noticeable.
          The domino analogy is less accurate than a chain analogy. Causing one domino to fall will cause others to fall, but breaking one link of the chain doesn't break the other links. The US economy is the same; even if it fails catastrophically, other countries' economies will be affected, but they wont necessarily fail.
          Anyone who actually believes in the existence of sin will avoid lying about others and misrepresenting them.

Comment

The domino analogy is less accurate than a chain analogy. Causing one domino to fall will cause others to fall, but breaking one link of the chain doesn't break the other links. The US economy is the same; even if it fails catastrophically, other countries' economies will be affected, but they wont necessarily fail.
            Well, when said economy collapses and the dollar is suddenly severely devalued, all the countries holding large sums of US debt as part of their assets will suddenly fail (China). This doesn't even touch on the world trading oil in US dollars. Just think of how much the Asian stock market activity affects the western markets and vice-versa. It is more intertwined than you may lead on.

Comment

It sounds like we're at an impasse.

I guess the question is how long it'll take you to decide that The Fed isn't going to collapse the world economy. For example, what if no collapse happens in the next year? Five years? A decade?

Is there a time limit past which you'll reconsider your prediction?

Comment

The federal reserve will not be taking down the financial markets, borrowed money that cannot be paid back will bring the world economic system down and the federal reserve will be powerless to stop it.
                I am not a NPB-Onlyist (No Perfect Bible Onlyist), nor a NA/UBS-Onlyist. Marke

If this book be not infallible, where shall we find infallibility? We have given up the Pope, for he has blundered often and terribly; but we shall not set up instead of him a horde of little popelings fresh from college. C. H. Spurgeon

For that Revised Version I have but little care as a general rule, holding it to be by no means an improvement upon our common Authorized Version. C.H. Spurgeon

Comment

Originally posted by ziggy33200 View Post

Well since the US economy is irrevocably intertwined into all of the other world economies, the domino effect should be quite noticeable. It would be the same if China's economy suddenly fell through and then all the rest would. I am with you though that if perhaps Liechtenstein's economy collapsed it would not cause a worldwide chain reaction. However, when dealing with world superpowers it is quite different.
                  World financial systems were hard hit by the economic disaster that hit the US and world markets as a result of stupid American policy of making bad home loans primarily for the purpose of increasing black home ownership. Those bad loans were then mixed with other loans into mortgage backed securities which later turned out worthless because of the bad mortgages.

If this book be not infallible, where shall we find infallibility? We have given up the Pope, for he has blundered often and terribly; but we shall not set up instead of him a horde of little popelings fresh from college. C. H. Spurgeon

For that Revised Version I have but little care as a general rule, holding it to be by no means an improvement upon our common Authorized Version. C.H. Spurgeon

Comment

I guess the question is how long it'll take you to decide that The Fed isn't going to collapse the world economy. For example, what if no collapse happens in the next year? Five years? A decade?

I agree on the impasse. Well according to the September 20th federal reserve meeting minutes they are beginning with $10B per month of assets being sold and steadily increasing it to $50B per month by early 2018. They have ~ $4.5T in total assets. They will not likely sell it all as they have always maintained some type of balance sheet. So I'd say conservatively that if they sell 50% of their balance sheet and nothing has happened I will begin to rethink the OP premise. If they sell to whatever bottom line they plan and still nothing, I will consider myself incorrect. You would have to do the math on how long each of those thresholds are.

Comment

All the world economies are linked together in the chain of unsustainable debt. The world has lived high on the hog for decades on the hope that the money extended on credit would eventually be paid back somehow with no problems. The time is come to face the fact that the debt is too big and the economies of the world are too weak to pay it down to avert worldwide disaster. It is just a matter of time now before the world's economies will have to undergo a major overhaul, possibly with the help of the antichrist and his mark of the beast economic plan.

Comment

Originally posted by marke View Post

World financial systems were hard hit by the economic disaster that hit the US and world markets as a result of stupid American policy of making bad home loans primarily for the purpose of increasing black home ownership. Those bad loans were then mixed with other loans into mortgage backed securities which later turned out worthless because of the bad mortgages.
                        YES and trace that back to Carter. CRA. Obama sued to coerce banks to make home loans to people who didn't have money or intention to pay mortgages.

I met with an officer of one of the top 2 banks who told me she knew how many people closed a home loan and never made even the first mortgage payment. After a series of late notices and written demands, it usually ran over 1 year before the squatters were off the property and repo finished.

Comment

All the world economies are linked together in the chain of unsustainable debt. The world has lived high on the hog for decades on the hope that the money extended on credit would eventually be paid back somehow with no problems. The time is come to face the fact that the debt is too big and the economies of the world are too weak to pay it down to avert worldwide disaster. It is just a matter of time now before the world's economies will have to undergo a major overhaul, possibly with the help of the antichrist and his mark of the beast economic plan.
                          To go off of what you say here, the US is in debt excessively and if the continued payments they make on said debt are suddenly devalued severely, this could also spark what you say.

Comment

Oh brother.

Here, how about you do a least a little research on your own and stop accepting whatever is spoon-fed to you by FoxNews and Rush Limbaugh.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Causes...housing_bubble

Ignorance of the past not only means no lessons learned but also guarantees it will be repeated.

Comment

There is a limit. Yesterday, under Bush, the US debt was around $9 trillion. When Obama left office the US debt was nearly $20 trillion. Congress may realize how bad that is but they don't seem to be making much noise about it, except for the debt ceiling fights they keep having attempting to keep the government moving while continually raising the debt. Homeowners know that they cannot keep spending millions in money they borrowed and do not have and will never get in order to pay the money back. Congress seems inclined to kick the can down the road and hope the disaster at the end does not come before they take their money and get out of town.

Comment

Working...
                              X