Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

His Excellency President Trump declares MLK day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• His Excellency President Trump declares MLK day

"Today we celebrate Dr. King for standing up for the self-evident truth Americans hold so dear, that no matter what the color of our skin or the place of our birth, we are all created equal by God," Mr. Trump said.
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy. Martin Luther King, Jr.

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Originally posted by Nouveau View Post

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy. Martin Luther King, Jr.

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character. Martin Luther King, Jr.
    Ah, so Trump is a hypocrite as well as a racist and a pathological liar. Doesn't really surprise me.

I wonder how much he was squirming on the inside as he announced MLK day.

EDIT: Oh, and wasn't it you that once said something about Obama being "too much black" or something?

Comment

what the color of our skin or the place of our birth
      Unleas they come from Mexico, or a majority muslim country, or some other ****hole, right Trumpers?
      To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.
      - Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by TeabagSalad View Post
        EDIT: Oh, and wasn't it you that once said something about Obama being "too much black" or something?
        Yup. A real civil rights champion

edit.
        Last edited by CARM Admin; 01-12-18, 09:18 PM. Reason: alert/edited quote not linked to open post
        Imagination is a very potent thing, and in the uneducated often usurps the place of genuine experience.

~ H.P. Lovecraft

Comment

Martin Luther King, Jr.

brown stain

Comment

He probably wasn't.

It's an uncomfortable truth that MLK's views on race are closer to modern Republicans' than to Democrats', and that MLK would probably be considered a racist today.

Comment

Ah, so Trump is a hypocrite as well as a racist and a pathological liar. Doesn't really surprise me.

Obama was as much white as he was black. Perhaps that is why he spent so much time compensating for his condition by throwing bones to black racists.
              I am not a NPB-Onlyist (No Perfect Bible Onlyist), nor a NA/UBS-Onlyist. Marke

If this book be not infallible, where shall we find infallibility? We have given up the Pope, for he has blundered often and terribly; but we shall not set up instead of him a horde of little popelings fresh from college. C. H. Spurgeon

For that Revised Version I have but little care as a general rule, holding it to be by no means an improvement upon our common Authorized Version. C.H. Spurgeon

Comment

Originally posted by Master Fwiffo View Post

Unleas they come from Mexico, or a majority muslim country, or some other ****hole, right Trumpers?
                As much as they hate Trump. the Mexican unemployment rate in America is the lowest ever. Why didn't Obama help them?

Comment

the Mexican unemployment rate in America is the lowest ever.
                  source?

I imagine the idea of you providing an honest, legitimate source is out of the question. But feel free to prove me wrong.

You are not an economist. Anyone can see the trend.

Comment

At some future period, not very distant as measured by centuries, the civilized races of man will almost certainly exterminate, and replace the savage races throughout the world.
                    Charles Darwin

British exterminators.

So when England had pressure
                    to end slavery, they paid the slave owners. Not the slaves.

Poor white slave masters.

Britainís collective memory of our involvement in colonial slavery is dominated by the vividness with which we remember the abolition of the slave trade in 1807. What we have tended to forget is that the abolition of slavery itself, the eventual freeing of almost 800,000 enslaved people in Britainís colonies, did not take place until the 1830s. Still less do we recall that when emancipation did come, the slave owners were paid compensation, and that the enslaved people received nothing. I am part of a team of historians who have been working to rectify this historical amnesia, and to make freely available the extraordinary data at the National Archives in Kew, contained in the records of the Slave Compensation Commission, which was set up to distribute the £20m (£17bn today) among the slave owners.

Comment

Originally posted by backup View Post

source?

I imagine the idea of you providing an honest, legitimate source is out of the question. But feel free to prove me wrong.

It is a well known fact that many politicians engage in numbers fudging and numbers fabrications. It is very hard for most voters to check the numbers for accuracy, which is why the numbers game is so fat with fibbing.
                      I am not a NPB-Onlyist (No Perfect Bible Onlyist), nor a NA/UBS-Onlyist. Marke

If this book be not infallible, where shall we find infallibility? We have given up the Pope, for he has blundered often and terribly; but we shall not set up instead of him a horde of little popelings fresh from college. C. H. Spurgeon

For that Revised Version I have but little care as a general rule, holding it to be by no means an improvement upon our common Authorized Version. C.H. Spurgeon

Comment

His excellency? You really do worship him as a king, don't you?
                        "Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am, stuck in the middle with you"

Comment

The UN is getting a well needed dose of reality therapy.

Originally posted by Aussieguy View Post

His excellency? You really do worship him as a king, don't you?
                          That is how he is introduced by The UN Secretary General. Anybody that says I worship Trump is a liar. I worship The Lord Jesus Christ.

Comment

You got that wrong

Tell us how you strive to miss trends by a mile.

The Bush/Gore election was extremely close and questionable. Trump is going to lose by a landslide.
                            You show a trend.

Comment

The UN is getting a well needed dose of reality therapy.

I worship The Lord Jesus Christ.
                              Your actions betray you.
                              "Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am, stuck in the middle with you"

Comment

Working...
                              X