Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Letter to Colleagues From Col Ralph Peters, Fox News Commentator

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Master Fwiffo View Post

There’s a reason they only bring in “irrational” ones. It’s because it’s all staged.

https://medium.com/@tobinsmith_95851...s-1996ee4a6b3e

Its scripted for the liberal to “lose” and the pundit to “win”, always. Further they will cut the segment immediately if the liberal starts to “win”. And then when they get stories they don’t like, they show car chases:
    https://youtu.be/dBGudMadlY0

But yeah, you keep watching the Ailes Propaganda Network and keep with the tradition of Fox News Viewers being less informed than people who *dont* watch news.
    I would agree the libs are a bit weak on Fox as are the Conserv pundits on MSN/CNN, but I don't think it's highly scripted. I think Juan Williams says exactly what's on his mind. Your youtube video completely failed to support your point, that they cut a pundit who is winning.

Your medium diatribe, is just a diatribe. It's no secret FOX targeted a market segment that MSN & CNN were ignoring. CNN is going bust because they refuse to target even the center mainstream audience, which would steal viewers from both Fox and MSN.

Comment

Originally posted by Hal View Post

I would agree the libs are a bit weak on Fox as are the Conserv pundits on MSN/CNN, but I don't think it's highly scripted. I think Juan Williams says exactly what's on his mind. Your youtube video completely failed to support your point, that they cut a pundit who is winning.

Your medium diatribe, is just a diatribe. It's no secret FOX targeted a market segment that MSN & CNN were ignoring. CNN is going bust because they refuse to target even the center mainstream audience, which would steal viewers from both Fox and MSN.
      Uh the youtube video showed exactly what I said it showed - Hannity avoiding a topic he didnít like (and had even denied earlier in the show) by showing a car chase.

Incidentally, CNN is doing fine in daytime and among its target demographics - where is struggling is Prime Time:
      http://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/feb-2...0-years/358288

To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.
      - Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Uh the youtube video showed exactly what I said it showed - Hannity avoiding a topic he didnít like (and had even denied earlier in the show) by showing a car chase.

Incidentally, CNN is doing fine in daytime and among its target demographics - where is struggling is Prime Time:
        http://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/feb-2...0-years/358288

Nope, you said they cut to a car chase when a pundit is winning the argument.
        Your was of a single presenter, no lft vs right debate.
        Show me a clip of what you said!

Prime Time is kinda important, that's why they call it 'PRIME' time

http://www.breitbart.com/big-journal...terrible-2017/

Comment

The leftwing loons that are interviewed on FOX may be "scripted", but it's certainly not by FOX. They come well prepared with their leftwing talking points, and they say the same things off camera....in their real world platforms. That is why they are being interviewed on FOX, because it is so hard to believe this kind of "thinking" is actually being propagated throughout this nation, especially in the classrooms!
          "For the eyes of the LORD move to and fro throughout the earth that He may strongly support those whose heart is completely His...." 2 Chronicles 16:9 NASB

Comment

Rachel Maddow on MSNBC has the top rated cable news show in the prime age demographic (25-54).

http://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/the-t...18-were/356297

Comment

Originally posted by Nouveau View Post
              From your crazy Buzzfeed tabloid link
              Thanks Nouveau. That actually helps the guys credibility.

Comment

Originally posted by Kastewart View Post

Whoosh.
                Really!

Comment

No I didnít. I said the cut off the interview when they were losing the argument. Then I also said that when they get a story they donít like, they cut to the car chase - which is what the clip shows. Those are two separate statements.

As for Fox News cutting off Interviews when theyíre losing, itís easy to find clips (as it happens a lot) off Google but hereís a starter course:
                  https://www.mediamatters.org/video/2...tations/219214
                  To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.
                  - Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Yes the Russian Expert who repeatedly called out Obama for being too soft on Russia got swayed by the soft words of the Clinton Campaign.

Or maybe he knows a lot more than you.
                    Or maybe not. Is Peters a self-proclaimed Russia expert? Because I see nothing in his bio to suggest an expert on that region.

But what I do see is he is a hawk who strongly supported to 2003 Iraq invasion. So that disqualifies him from my list of geopolitical experts.

Comment

Originally posted by simplicio View Post
                      If you listened to the anointed one, Donald Trump, then you would get to heaven, deny evolution and global warming, and recognize good beer
                      As a beer loving German Lutheran, my favorite quotation by Martin Luther is the following:

"It is better to think about church in the ale-house than to think about the ale-house in church."

Among my other duties at my church, I'm responsible for putting up the "humorous message" on the church sign in front of the building. For years I've wanted to put up the following message, but my Pastor won't allow it:

"In heaven there's no beer, that's why we drink it here."

As an aside: my favorite beer is currently a Miller/Coor's concoction called "Blue Moon" (which, for reasons unknown to me, is called "Belgian Moon" here in Canada).
                      "Make America Rake Again"

Comment

Originally posted by reepicheep View Post
                        As an aside: my favorite beer is currently a Miller/Coor's concoction called "Blue Moon" (which, for reasons unknown to me, is called "Belgian Moon" here in Canada).
                        Blue Moon an unfiltered, slightly fruity wheat beer, with mild herbs/spices. While Belgium isn't the only country to produce wheat beers, it certainly has helped establish standards for them. Given that us North Americans were largely ignorant of beer beyond the "clear, yellow and tasteless" variety, slapping the word "Belgian" on the label makes the product sound like something special.

The reality is that unfiltered wheat beers are hugely popular around the world...

Comment

Ralph Peters was interviewed by Anderson Cooper yesterday. Some highlights:

Peters was sometimes very critical of President Trump during his appearances on Fox. And he repeated that criticism on Wednesday, telling Cooper he believes that Trump is "frightened" of Vladimir Putin.

He said, "I am convinced that Vladimir Putin has a grip on President Trump," adding, "I hope I'm wrong."

"Without exaggeration, the Mueller investigation is the most important of my lifetime, and I am 66 years old. I lived through Watergate," Peters said Wednesday night.

"For years, I was glad to be associated with Fox. It was a legitimate conservative and libertarian outlet, and a necessary one," he said Wednesday. "But with the rise of Donald Trump, Fox did become a destructive propaganda machine, and I don't do propaganda for anyone."

Peters said the Fox hosts who constantly attack Mueller are "doing it for ratings and profit" and "doing a great grave disservice to our country."

Cooper asked him: Do those hosts "believe the stuff they are saying" about the FBI and Justice Department?

"I suspect Sean Hannity really believes it," Peters said. "The others are smarter. They know what they're doing. It's bewildering to me. I mean, I wanted to just cry out and say, 'How can you do this?' How can you lie to our country? How can you knowingly attack our Constitution, the bedrock of our system of government, the bedrock of our country?"

"Make America Rake Again"

Comment

[QUOTE=Master Fwiffo;n5160021]https://www.buzzfeed.com/tomnamako/r...5B#.nvL771QpMp
                            On March 1st, I informed Fox that I would not renew my contract. The purpose of this message to all of you is twofold:

First, I must thank each of you for the cooperation and support you've shown me over the years. Those working off-camera, the bookers and producers, don't often get the recognition you deserve, but I want you to know that I have always appreciated the challenges you face and the skill with which you master them.

Second, I feel compelled to explain why I have to leave. Four decades ago, I took an oath as a newly commissioned officer. I swore to "support and defend the Constitution," and that oath did not expire when I took off my uniform. Today, I feel that Fox News is assaulting our constitutional order and the rule of law, while fostering corrosive and unjustified paranoia among viewers. Over my decade with Fox, I long was proud of the association. Now I am ashamed.

In my view, Fox has degenerated from providing a legitimate and much-needed outlet for conservative voices to a mere propaganda machine for a destructive and ethically ruinous administration. When prime-time hosts--who have never served our country in any capacity--dismiss facts and empirical reality to launch profoundly dishonest assaults on the FBI, the Justice Department, the courts, the intelligence community (in which I served) and, not least, a model public servant and genuine war hero such as Robert Mueller--all the while scaremongering with lurid warnings of "deep-state" machinations-- I cannot be part of the same organization, even at a remove. To me, Fox News is now wittingly harming our system of government for profit.

As a Russia analyst for many years, it also has appalled me that hosts who made their reputations as super-patriots and who, justifiably, savaged President Obama for his duplicitous folly with Putin, now advance Putin's agenda by making light of Russian penetration of our elections and the Trump campaign. Despite increasingly pathetic denials, it turns out that the "nothing-burger" has been covered with Russian dressing all along. And by the way: As an intelligence professional, I can tell you that the Steele dossier rings true--that's how the Russians do things.. The result is that we have an American president who is terrified of his counterpart in Moscow.

I do not apply the above criticisms in full to Fox Business, where numerous hosts retain a respect for facts and maintain a measure of integrity (nor is every host at Fox News a propaganda mouthpiece--some have shown courage). I have enjoyed and valued my relationship with Fox Business, and I will miss a number of hosts and staff members. You're the grown-ups.

Also, I deeply respect the hard-news reporters at Fox, who continue to do their best as talented professionals in a poisoned environment. These are some of the best men and women in the business..

So, to all of you: Thanks, and, as our president's favorite world leader would say, "Das vidanya."
                            Suspicious silence....
                            "Kids & Adults love Fairy Tale Ark exhibit" - Ken Ham

Comment

Originally posted by reepicheep View Post
                              Ralph Peters was interviewed by Anderson Cooper yesterday. Some highlights:

Peters was sometimes very critical of President Trump during his appearances on Fox. And he repeated that criticism on Wednesday, telling Cooper he believes that Trump is "frightened" of Vladimir Putin.

He said, "I am convinced that Vladimir Putin has a grip on President Trump," adding, "I hope I'm wrong."

"Without exaggeration, the Mueller investigation is the most important of my lifetime, and I am 66 years old. I lived through Watergate," Peters said Wednesday night.

"For years, I was glad to be associated with Fox. It was a legitimate conservative and libertarian outlet, and a necessary one," he said Wednesday. "But with the rise of Donald Trump, Fox did become a destructive propaganda machine, and I don't do propaganda for anyone."

Peters said the Fox hosts who constantly attack Mueller are "doing it for ratings and profit" and "doing a great grave disservice to our country."

Cooper asked him: Do those hosts "believe the stuff they are saying" about the FBI and Justice Department?

"I suspect Sean Hannity really believes it," Peters said. "The others are smarter. They know what they're doing. It's bewildering to me. I mean, I wanted to just cry out and say, 'How can you do this?' How can you lie to our country? How can you knowingly attack our Constitution, the bedrock of our system of government, the bedrock of our country?"

Here

http://money.cnn.com/2018/06/07/medi...per1011AMStory
                              "Kids & Adults love Fairy Tale Ark exhibit" - Ken Ham

Comment

Loved the comment about Hannity- the guy really is a feckless quoynte.

Comment

Working...
                                X