Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

They say history does not repeat, but sometimes rhymes...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They say history does not repeat, but sometimes rhymes...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartanntp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6SH5p72Z5E

What can we expect next? "The American people have to know that their president is not a pathological liar. Well, I am not a pathological liar."?

Originally posted by DasBrille View Post
    They say history does not repeat, but sometimes rhymes.
    Since the WINNERS write the history, it's generally corrupted enough, so when it DOES repeat, the people experiencing it, won't recognize it - until it's too late.

What can we expect next?
    More of the same 'ol thing, of course. The more things change, the more they say the same, just with better technology.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Carabbio View Post

Since the WINNERS write the history, it's generally corrupted enough, so when it DOES repeat, the people experiencing it, won't recognize it - until it's too late.
      Oh get off it. There is ABSOLUTELY no doubt that Nixon said what said about terminating the Watergate inquiry. I gave you a tape of him saying it. In what sense was that winners writing history?
      More of the same 'ol thing, of course. The more things change, the more they say the same, just with better technology.
      Yeah. The first time as tragedy the second time as farce. The farce being led by Trumpers who are so ignorant as not to see that they are condemned to repeating history.

Comment

Yeah. The first time as tragedy the second time as farce. The farce being led by Trumpers who are so ignorant as not to see that they are condemned to repeating history.
        The "First time" probably happened 4000 years ago, and we just keep "doing it over" in slightly different ways.

Comment

The "First time" probably happened 4000 years ago, and we just keep "doing it over" in slightly different ways.
          Stop your vacuous blabbering. It's just a way to avoid admitting that Trump is acting just like Nixon.

It's as facile as "But all politicians lie."

Or "But Officer, everyone speeds."

Comment

[QUOTE=DasBrille;n5269888]

Stop your vacuous blabbering. It's just a way to avoid admitting that Trump is acting just like Nixon.

SO?? IF Nixon had done a better job of "concealing the evidence" (And realizing that the "Media rules" had changed), he'd probably be remembered quite differently. JUST THINK what they'd have done to Kennedy, if things THEN were as they are NOW!!!

Comment

[QUOTE=Bob Carabbio;n5270151]

SO?? IF Nixon had done a better job of "concealing the evidence" (And realizing that the "Media rules" had changed), he'd probably be remembered quite differently. JUST THINK what they'd have done to Kennedy, if things THEN were as they are NOW!!!
              And now we get the good old Trumper tactic of trying to change the subject. You and other Trumpers have a long HISTORY of this moronic tactic. Why do you allow yourself to be doomed to repeating it? It's because you have nothing else when the subject of that incompetent lying dolt of a piece of excrement in the WH arises, isn't it?

Comment

[QUOTE=DasBrille;n5270460]

And now we get the good old Trumper tactic of trying to change the subject. You and other Trumpers have a long HISTORY of this moronic tactic. Why do you allow yourself to be doomed to repeating it? It's because you have nothing else when the subject of that incompetent lying dolt of a piece of excrement in the WH arises, isn't it?
                So, it seems as though you may not be particularly enamoured by the fact the "We the people" duly elected the "T" man to be our presidentfor the next few years.

That, of course, would be Your problem, 'ol buddy. Seems to me he's doing (whatever he does) just fine. I just wish he'd stop feeding the media trolls.

Comment

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartanntp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6SH5p72Z5E

What can we expect next? "The American people have to know that their president is not a pathological liar. Well, I am not a pathological liar."?
                  Americans are fed up with the democrat attempt to frame Trump by lies and false allegations concocted in democrat collusion with Russians.
                  I am not a NPB-Onlyist (No Perfect Bible Onlyist), nor a NA/UBS-Onlyist. Marke

If this book be not infallible, where shall we find infallibility? We have given up the Pope, for he has blundered often and terribly; but we shall not set up instead of him a horde of little popelings fresh from college. C. H. Spurgeon

For that Revised Version I have but little care as a general rule, holding it to be by no means an improvement upon our common Authorized Version. C.H. Spurgeon

Comment

So, it seems as though you may not be particularly enamoured by the fact the "We the people" duly elected the "T" man to be our presidentfor the next few years.
                    Will you stop talking as though people have to sit down and keep quiet and accept everything a president does for the whole of his term? It makes you sound as though you are CLUELESS about American politics.
                    That, of course, would be Your problem, 'ol buddy.
                    And the problem of anyone who realizes that they elected an incompetent dolt. DUH.
                    Seems to me he's doing (whatever he does) just fine.
                    That's so vacuously moronic I am not going to dignify it with an answer except to say that murderers do what they do just fine.
                    I just wish he'd stop feeding the media trolls.
                    Sorry, pal. This is who Trump IS. Your serious problem is that you cannot see that things are not going to get better because the dolt CANNOT change.

And Trump sounds very much like Nixon right now, doesn't he? Hint: Yes. He does.
                    Last edited by DasBrille; 05-17-18, 08:20 AM.

Comment

Will you stop talking as though people have to sit down and keep quiet and accept everything a president does for the whole of his term? It makes you sound as though you are CLUELESS about American politics.
                      And since that's EXACTLY what the proletariat (silent masses) DOES have to do, since once the die is cast for 4 years, it's up to the "professional talking heads" and congress to try to deal with him. not the "Average American" who never really had a voice in anything (other that their "vote" if they bother).

And Trump sounds very much like Nixon right now, doesn't he?
                      Not the Nixon I remember. Trump sounds to Me like a pretty typical Business executive, following pretty typical "big Business" rules/formats.

Nixon always publically exhibited a pronounced "Victim" complex, and a certain well developed paranoia, it seemed. I remember the Germans back in '91 considered Nixon to be the last "World Class President" that we'd had, and Ford, the clumsy fool, Carter the micro-manager, and Reagan the Actor were just clowns. The Germans trusted the Russians far more than Us, because they were consistent, and the Germans KNEW them, But the U.S. changed direction every 4 years.

Comment

And since that's EXACTLY what the proletariat (silent masses) DOES have to do, since once the die is cast for 4 years, it's up to the "professional talking heads" and congress to try to deal with him. not the "Average American" who never really had a voice in anything (other that their "vote" if they bother).
                        Complete and utter garbage. So incredibly garbage I now know that you have a totally distorted view of American politics.
                        Mephitically stupid.

Not the Nixon I remember. Trump sounds to Me like a pretty typical Business executive, following pretty typical "big Business" rules/formats.

Nixon always publically exhibited a pronounced "Victim" complex, and a certain well developed paranoia, it seemed. I remember the Germans back in '91 considered Nixon to be the last "World Class President" that we'd had, and Ford, the clumsy fool, Carter the micro-manager, and Reagan the Actor were just clowns. The Germans trusted the Russians far more than Us, because they were consistent, and the Germans KNEW them, But the U.S. changed direction every 4 years.
                        [/QUOTE]
                        Your memory of Nixon is IRRELEVANT, understand?
                        I gave you the tape of Nixon and a linkk to what Trump said. I told you that they sound very similar RIGHT NOW. I don't give a crap about what you remember Nixon as being.

Stop you skunking.

Comment

Complete and utter garbage. So incredibly garbage I now know that you have a totally distorted view of American politics.
                          Mephitically stupid.
                          Mephitically?
                          cassie
                          Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

for today, for this moment... it is well with my soul.

as long as there is life, there is hope.

what unites us is stronger than what divides us...

Comment

Originally posted by cas07 View Post
                            Mephitically?
                            I Had to look that one up myself: 1. Capable of injuring or killing by poison: mephitical, poison, poisonous, toxic, toxicant, venomous, virulent.

Reminds me of the time a poster used "prolegomena", instead of just saying "introduction".

If nothing else CARM will help you build your vocabulary. I even know what "supralapsarianism" means now.

But HEY!!! some folks actually think "we" have some say about what goes on in D.C. (or even Austin in our case). When I moved into Texas in '88, the MOST POWERFUL POLITICAL OFFICE IN THE STATE was "Railroad Commissioner", the Governor (Ann Richards) didn't mean SPIT, and Landry still coached the Cowboys. Go figure.

Comment

I Had to look that one up myself: 1. Capable of injuring or killing by poison: mephitical, poison, poisonous, toxic, toxicant, venomous, virulent.

Reminds me of the time a poster used "prolegomena", instead of just saying "introduction".

If nothing else CARM will help you build your vocabulary. I even know what "supralapsarianism" means now.

But HEY!!! some folks actually think "we" have some say about what goes on in D.C. (or even Austin in our case). When I moved into Texas in '88, the MOST POWERFUL POLITICAL OFFICE IN THE STATE was "Railroad Commissioner", the Governor (Ann Richards) didn't mean SPIT, and Landry still coached the Cowboys. Go figure.

So you found ANOTHER way to avoid admitting the obvious truth of the OP.

Ain't he great, folks? Give him a round of applause!

What do you think you are doing here? 'Cos it sure ain't discussing.

May I, with the greatest of respect ask you, if you are unwilling to discuss to find it within your expansive generosity and bottomless wisdom to SHUT IT?

Comment

Working...
                              X