Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Native American rebels

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Simpletruther View Post
    suppose a movement of “take back our lands” by the native Americans gained steam.

Suppose some of them began squatting on government owned land (national parks and whatnot) attempting to settle it and take it back.

And if we evict them mass protests break out with sporadic violence. It begins to cost many many millions to police the situation.

the movement becomes so passionate it seems no amount of compromise would stop it, the goal is to take back everything.

who would support them here?

This is an attempt at analogy for the Israeli Palestine conflicts.

It seems on any topic there is a fuzzy grey area where “principals” are difficult to apply. What are your principals on this topic, and how far do they go in application?
    I kind of thought this was a good discussion starter????

Comment

Yea. So who owns the US then, if we took it wrongly?
      We do, just like the French own France and the Brits own Britain etc, etc. etc. That is how humans rule the world. We should have wiped out the indians or made them unite with us in marriage just like the Normans eventually mated with the Anglo-Saxons.. Then there would be no question about who's country this is.
      Mark 9:24 Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief.

“Reason is a whore, the greatest enemy that faith has; it never comes to the aid of spiritual things,
      but more frequently than not struggles against the divine Word, treating with contempt all that emanates from God.” ― Martin Luther

Muretus "Call no man worthless for whom Christ died!"

Comment

Originally posted by marke View Post

Who owns the moon, Neil Armstrong? No, God does. Who owns Palestine, the PLO? No, God owns Palestine and He has given it to Abraham's seed through Isaac for a perpetual covenant.
        NOT your phony evil man-made god though

Comment

Originally posted by Jeeper View Post

NOT your phony evil man-made god though
          So who does rightfully own America, the Vikings? What are the rules for property ownership? First come first served? Might makes right? Squatters rights? Survival of the fittest?
          I am not a NPB-Onlyist (No Perfect Bible Onlyist), nor a NA/UBS-Onlyist. Marke

If this book be not infallible, where shall we find infallibility? We have given up the Pope, for he has blundered often and terribly; but we shall not set up instead of him a horde of little popelings fresh from college. C. H. Spurgeon

For that Revised Version I have but little care as a general rule, holding it to be by no means an improvement upon our common Authorized Version. C.H. Spurgeon

Comment

Originally posted by Thekla View Post

We do, just like the French own France and the Brits own Britain etc, etc. etc. That is how humans rule the world. We should have wiped out the indians or made them unite with us in marriage just like the Normans eventually mated with the Anglo-Saxons.. Then there would be no question about who's country this is.
            Isn’t that murder though?

Comment

Originally posted by marke View Post

So who does rightfully own America, the Vikings? What are the rules for property ownership? First come first served? Might makes right? Squatters rights? Survival of the fittest?
              You are showing your christian "morals" - it's christianity that promotes the survival of the fittest & might makes right.

Comment

Isn’t that murder though?
                No, it is a battle. That is our humanity.

“Reason is a whore, the greatest enemy that faith has; it never comes to the aid of spiritual things,
                but more frequently than not struggles against the divine Word, treating with contempt all that emanates from God.” ― Martin Luther

Comment

How is unjustly killing people not murder? Battle or not.

Comment

Conservatives do all their thinking via weak analogy, this is because for some reason their brains can't handle the complexity of investigating the contingencies of particular circumstances. The North American Natives were certainly confined and driven off their land and forced under terms made in bad faith, into reservations. These are legitimate grievances which the United States has not fully handled.

However, the Israel-Palestine issue is particularly troublesome because this was all done by imperial design in the West to settle the problem of where to put Europe's Jewish population. The kingdom of Israel existed thousands of years ago and most of the information surrounding it is shrouded in myth, but Zionist lobbyists in the British Empire achieved a victory in giving lands which had been settled by Palestinian Arabs for thousands of years to European Jews based upon claims in a religious book. This has created such a poisonous resentment which is exacerbated by Islam and Judaism dynamics over their history, and by the horrible oppressive actions on the part of the Israelis and is further intensified by Palestinians feeling like peace is no longer an option and are turning more to Hamas.

Comment

Positively disgusting, your thinking heavily resembles Hitler's. There were attempts at genocide against Native American populations, the overall impact of European imperialism did result in the destruction of 90% of the population. You think we didn't go too far? Should have wiped them out or bred them out, medieval style like the Normans (Northmen, Vikings) did it.

Comment

How is unjustly killing people not murder? Battle or not.
                        It is our nature. It is easy to say it is murder now. Our country is well off. However, if we were in bad times like the African nations we would attack our neighbors. We would win or lose but it would be nature just like with most animals.They set their boundaries and attack those who invade their land.

Comment

Originally posted by Derrick View Post
                          Positively disgusting, your thinking heavily resembles Hitler's. There were attempts at genocide against Native American populations, the overall impact of European imperialism did result in the destruction of 90% of the population. You think we didn't go too far? Should have wiped them out or bred them out, medieval style like the Normans (Northmen, Vikings) did it.
                          What garbage.Do you think I give a rats a$$ because you compare me to Hitler? It just shows your weakness because you don't have a logical reply.

We are animals. Our nature is that of animals. When in danger we react like animals.

I'm a Christian. As a Christian I would consider it a sin against God. Still as a human being I would be very much obeying my human nature to do all I can to protect myself and my family.

Comment

What garbage.Do you think I give a rats a$$ because you compare me to Hitler? It just shows your weakness because you don't have a logical reply.

We are animals. Our nature is that of animals. When in danger we react like animals.

I'm a Christian. As a Christian I would consider it a sin against God. Still as a human being I would be very much obeying my human nature to do all I can to protect myself and my family.
                            No rational argument need be provided to your suggestion of justifying genocide as just human nature.

Comment

Yea but we stacked their land.

Ismitmmurder if soemone today having “bad times” attacks and killsmtheir neighbors? How is it different?

Comment

Yea but we stacked their land.

Ismitmmurder if soemone today having “bad times” attacks and killsmtheir neighbors? How is it different?
                                Because we are social animals and we are supposed to be friendly with those in our troop. The law in our land is not to do that so we shouldn't break our laws. However, it is ok to kill someone who attacks us. That is not murder.

Comment

Working...
                                X