Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Mothers are Better. By a mile.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maxmus
    started a topic Mothers are Better. By a mile.

Mothers are Better. By a mile.

Although most folks are giving up on the myth that, for whatever reason, women are generally great and men aren't, there is one area where women are not only better than men, they are so much better it is odd it is rarely mentioned. I have nothing against women, but they, just like men, are regular, run of mill, booger pickers. They don't dwell in some super hyper moral atmosphere that represents all that is good. That is observable everyday. You just aren't supposed to mention it.

But, women have one huge advantage over men and that is the ability to deal with, develop, and teach, children under the age of six. It is an innate ability and is often surprising to see. I read a paper the other day that indicated an enzyme, heretofore unknown, was found to be released into the bodies of women within 24 hours of delivery. I can't remember the source but I'll try and see if I can find it. Regardless, since I tried to deal with two toddlers on my own way back when my wife got an offer she could not refuse, I have some first hand knowledge. It ain't in me. That is, I don't know how to deal with the confusion, noise, and general chaos in such a situation. Ah, you say I could learn. Maybe you could but I couldn't. All I heard all day from the older one was "Mama!!!!!". I have seen other men try it. It is very hard for them. Even women without children seem to fumble a bit. But a woman who has a child has a way that is obviously superior in this regard. We may not like to say so, but it is there and is so obvious it is impossible to refute.

Wait I found one general story and a reference is available from SA.

https://www.livescience.com/1955-lov...hild-bond.html

• Maxmus
    replied
    Originally posted by backup View Post

I'm confused. Those with the most faith seem to be the most anti-intellectual and dishonest.
    Why would you be confused. Just say those with faith seem to you to be the most anti-intellectual and dishonest? What's the problem with just saying it?

One question: how do you determine those with "faith" anyway?
    Last edited by Maxmus; 07-14-18, 05:01 PM. Reason: Side saddle suplex

Leave a comment:

• Bluemayskye
    replied
    Originally posted by Maxmus View Post

That's good. My point is that women are naturally equipped to be mothers. Sure, some Dads do a great job.
    And I whole-heartedly agree! And because every human is not a exact clone of the other, some men do a wonderful job doing "women's" duties just as some women do a wonderful job doing "man's" duties. There is a spectrum of human that is absolutely not binary.

Leave a comment:

• backup
    replied

I agree. It is a big topic but a transparent one. All one has to do is look around to see reality. Thanks much!!

The fruits of the Spirit are manifested by those with faith.
    I'm confused. Those with the most faith seem to be the most anti-intellectual and dishonest.

Leave a comment:

• Maxmus
    replied
    Originally posted by christdependent View Post

This is a complex social question. Some men put me to shame in terms of having an innate nurturing impulse when it comes to human babies. I attribute this to earlier exposure to the realities of having squalling children around me as I was growing up myself....but as a general rule, I do think women are gifted by God to nurture by nature.

This plays out in other areas, where the extension of patience, mercy, long-suffering, kindness,......the fruits of the Spirit are desirable. In fact, I would say that the "mother" role as defined in your OP personifies those fruits of the Spirit.

The older I get, the more I recognize that the major source of all human conflicts is the desire to control. It's all about power.

To be truly concerned about someone else often means we must put them before ourselves, and often in ways we don't find particularly comfortable or self-exalting.

That's the Christian way, methinks.

And then there's the complementarian way, which God intends for a man and woman to be one.....so this is a big topic!
    I agree. It is a big topic but a transparent one. All one has to do is look around to see reality. Thanks much!!

The fruits of the Spirit are manifested by those with faith.

Leave a comment:

• Maxmus
    replied
    Originally posted by Bluemayskye View Post

It may speak to my position on the gender spectrum, but I am a heterosexual father of three who was and is fantastic with kids, toddlers, and infants. I had the night shift feeding and changing the babies while my spouse pumped. Gotta team up for the love of your loved ones!
    That's good. My point is that women are naturally equipped to be mothers. Sure, some Dads do a great job.

Leave a comment:

• christdependent
    replied
    Although most folks are giving up on the myth that, for whatever reason, women are generally great and men aren't, there is one area where women are not only better than men, they are so much better it is odd it is rarely mentioned. I have nothing against women, but they, just like men, are regular, run of mill, booger pickers. They don't dwell in some super hyper moral atmosphere that represents all that is good. That is observable everyday. You just aren't supposed to mention it.

But, women have one huge advantage over men and that is the ability to deal with, develop, and teach, children under the age of six. It is an innate ability and is often surprising to see. I read a paper the other day that indicated an enzyme, heretofore unknown, was found to be released into the bodies of women within 24 hours of delivery. I can't remember the source but I'll try and see if I can find it. Regardless, since I tried to deal with two toddlers on my own way back when my wife got an offer she could not refuse, I have some first hand knowledge. It ain't in me. That is, I don't know how to deal with the confusion, noise, and general chaos in such a situation. Ah, you say I could learn. Maybe you could but I couldn't. All I heard all day from the older one was "Mama!!!!!". I have seen other men try it. It is very hard for them. Even women without children seem to fumble a bit. But a woman who has a child has a way that is obviously superior in this regard. We may not like to say so, but it is there and is so obvious it is impossible to refute.

This is a complex social question. Some men put me to shame in terms of having an innate nurturing impulse when it comes to human babies. I attribute this to earlier exposure to the realities of having squalling children around me as I was growing up myself....but as a general rule, I do think women are gifted by God to nurture by nature.

This plays out in other areas, where the extension of patience, mercy, long-suffering, kindness,......the fruits of the Spirit are desirable. In fact, I would say that the "mother" role as defined in your OP personifies those fruits of the Spirit.

The older I get, the more I recognize that the major source of all human conflicts is the desire to control. It's all about power.

To be truly concerned about someone else often means we must put them before ourselves, and often in ways we don't find particularly comfortable or self-exalting.

That's the Christian way, methinks.

And then there's the complementarian way, which God intends for a man and woman to be one.....so this is a big topic!

Leave a comment:

• Bluemayskye
    replied

It may speak to my position on the gender spectrum, but I am a heterosexual father of three who was and is fantastic with kids, toddlers, and infants. I had the night shift feeding and changing the babies while my spouse pumped. Gotta team up for the love of your loved ones!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X