Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

GMO Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GMO Discussion

Straight forward and simple......discuss GMO's.

Evolutionists will probably start by saying science has improved the lives of the poor, this even though we already proved HERE at CARM that 'The Lord created Science'. Any advances in science are because real scientist with real hearts, worked hard to advance knowledge and help the poor and ALL.

SEE http://forums.carm.org/vbb/showthrea...-not-Evolution

BUt the evil started when big corporations went into the food business ONLY for the right to make more and more money for the rich and take away from the poor and the hungry. From then on GMO's are genetically modified or engineered foods, that supposedly were to help production became a con, as they have hurt food production, etc etc..

I wont be entering in this discussion, as the evolutionists here are way to foolish as the above thread also shows....... and so degrading this discussion with their foolishness is below me, I may go to other CARM subforums, or elsewhere. Time will tell as time is important and we each only have so much allotted to us by the Lord.

Anyway to get the discussion going (ONLY) ................ I wrote this to Brought with a Price in the POLL Majority of Christain evolutionists favor GMO's

SEE http://forums.carm.org/vbb/showthrea...vor-GMO-s-POLL

As a missionary, I saw the terrible devastation and poverty brought on by so called advanced technology. My wifes family were farmers, and knew farmers, I lived with the poor in the rural areas and knew them when they got transposed into vile cities.

And research that anyone can do, will show anyone that all genetics are not beneficial, it can kill and does via poverty, and via suicides, and via the death of the soil, and the cancers in those that eat GMO's
    (End of excerpt)

Your discussions now on GMO's
    Last edited by Davidjayjordan; 09-10-15, 01:05 AM.

Originally posted by Davidjayjordan View Post
    Wot? No votes?

Evolutionists will probably start by saying science has improved the lives of the poor, this even though we already proved HERE at CARM that 'The Lord created Science'. Any advances in science are because real scientist with real hearts, worked hard to advance knowledge and help the poor and ALL.
    You couldn't even prove a bread dough let alone any of your ludicrous claims. You are a legend and winner in your own mind. Nowhere else.

BUt the evil started when big corporations went into the food business ONLY for the right to make more and more money for the rich and take away from the poor and the hungry. From then on GMO's are genetically modified or engineered foods, that supposedly were to help production became a con, as they have hurt food production, etc etc..
    Naturally you can prive this accusation with actual evidence, can't you?

I wont be entering in this discussion, as the evolutionists here are way to foolish as he above thread also shows....... and so degrading this discussion with their foolishness is below me, I may go to other CARM subforums, or elsewhere. Time will tell as time is important and we each only have so much allotted to us by the Lord.
    I think that you have already overstayed your welcome. You promised once before that you were going to leave then you broke that promise. How can we trust you not to break your word again?

Anyway to get the discussion going ONLY I wrote this to Brought with a Price in the POLL Majority of Christain evolutionists favor GMO's

Declaring victory after refusing to accept votes is not winning. Like I said you are a winner and legend in your own mind.

As a missionary, I saw the terrible devastation and poverty brought on by so called advanced technology.
    How much more devastating for the poor is the death, disease, starvatyion brought about by your missionary zeal to "save their souls" instead of saving their lives? How many have died because you denied them modern medicine? How many died of starvation because you denied them access to safe contraception? Be honest in your answer because Santa Claus and Jesus both know when someone is lying.

My wifes family were farmers,
    "wifes"? Does that mean you have more than 1? Are you a Mormon?

and knew farmers,
    In the biblical sense?

I lived with the poor in the rural areas and knew them when they got transposed into vile cities.
    I am sure that you believe that you did much to help them. Sadly, what you believe and what is true do not necessarily coincide.

And research that anyone can do, will show anyone that all genetics is not beneficial,
    Maybe you can name someone who claims that all genetics is beneficial. The only people I know who make such claims are hoam skoold YEC/IDiots whose knowledge of biology can be written on a postage stamp.

it can kill and does via poverty, and via suicides, and via the death of the soil, and the cancers in those that eat GMO's
    Do tell, you great and wonderful "scientist", from your extwensive knowledge of genetics which gene is respomnsible for poverty, which for suicide, which for soil death and which for cancer? I'm sure that a cancer rersearcher such as dneh would love to have your assistance.
    "Attention Creationists: the fact that you do not understand or accept science does not make it false" the_elf

Comment

I wont be entering in this discussion, as the evolutionists here are way to foolish as the above thread also shows....... and so degrading this discussion with their foolishness is below me, I may go to other CARM subforums, or elsewhere. Time will tell as time is important and we each only have so much allotted to us by the Lord.

Anyway to get the discussion going (ONLY) ................ I wrote this to Brought with a Price in the POLL Majority of Christain evolutionists favor GMO's

As a missionary, I saw the terrible devastation and poverty brought on by so called advanced technology. My wifes family were farmers, and knew farmers, I lived with the poor in the rural areas and knew them when they got transposed into vile cities.

And research that anyone can do, will show anyone that all genetics are not beneficial, it can kill and does via poverty, and via suicides, and via the death of the soil, and the cancers in those that eat GMO's
      (End of excerpt)

Provide citations for "GMO's cause cancer"
      "The dolphin would be its shape if it was just farming carrots." - Robert Byers

Comment

Originally posted by Himantolophus View Post
        Provide citations for "GMO's cause cancer"
        Not a chance of that H. He'll merely declare victory and run away as usual.
        "Attention Creationists: the fact that you do not understand or accept science does not make it false" the_elf

Comment

Here is non-GMO corn.

Here is GMO corn.
          Reality rules, Honor the truth - in memory of Chemist.

fusilier
          James 2:24

Comment

Well, yes real science advances because scientists and some laymen work on it.

No, you have not shown that the Lord invented science. In fact, I refuted that one myself, without any real response from you. In fact, when it comes down to it, you didn't even claim that God invented science outside of a rather faulty understanding of the definition. What your claims amounted to, when that definition was corrected, was that God invented the things studied by science, rather than science itself.

1. The conduct of major corporations is not a knock on GMOs themselves any more than the conduct of priests is a knock on God.

2. Food production, for given conditions, has actually increased. Barring political and economic issues (wars are bad for farms and it's cheaper to import food from the US than to grow it in some places), of course.

3. Not all GMOs are controlled by major corporations. At least one is controlled by a non-profit, aimed specifically at helping the poor in the third world.

So foolishg that we had to correct you on the definition of science and point out nuances regarding GMOs?

(End of excerpt)
            I'm going to have to give a lecture on genetics aren't I? Genetics does not work the way you think it does.

As for cancer, that claim is about a specific GMO and even then the protein that the corn is engineered to produce does not affect humans and has been used outside of GMOs for decades without causing cancer.
            Candles burning bright in the darkness, a little closer and you are warmed, closer still and you fear to see what is beyond. However, we must not avoid what the flame reveals, for often fear turns to wonder in the candle's light.

Comment

(End of excerpt)

There is no evidence that GMOs have hurt food production. There is no evidence they are unhealthy. There is no reason not to continue to produce them as we will need them to continue to improve the conditions of the poor, hungry, and our environment.
              Some people are educated beyond their intellect.

Comment

Originally posted by MartialApologist View Post
                There is no evidence that GMOs have hurt food production. There is no evidence they are unhealthy. There is no reason not to continue to produce them as we will need them to continue to improve the conditions of the poor, hungry, and our environment.
                Hey david, are you watching? Here is another vote for GMOs and this one isn't even a secular member.
                As Saint Mark Twain put it "God created Man in His own image. And man has been returning the favor ever since."

Reality rules - Honor the truth.
                In memorium, Chemist 99a

Comment

Pictures of rats fed gmo's for a lifetime:

http://www.examiner.com/slideshow/gm...ts-with-tumors

(End of excerpt)

"I saw an angel in the marble and I carved until I set him free". ~~~Michelangelo

Comment

Monsanto prostitutes:
                    Yesterday we learned that Dr. Kevin Folta is arguably the most villainous of these academic puppets of Monsanto, having secretly taken money from Monsanto while viciously attacking GMO activists and clean food activists, all while falsely claiming he had no financial ties to Monsanto. (I just published his "Meet with Monsanto" itinerary, found in recently leaked documents, which details how his hotel room was "Prepaid by Monsanto," and this is just the tip of the iceberg.)

Folta's academic institution, the University of Florida, also accepted huge money from Monsanto, Syngenta, DuPont and other biotech giants. In essence, the Univ. of Florida is now a biotech front group, churning out Monsanto mafia members who shill for GMOs while lying about their financial corruption and viciously smearing clean food activists.

Feel free to give Kevin Folta a dose of his own genetically modified medicine via Twitter @kevinfolta or visit Kevin Folta's twitter page to see his ridiculous tweets denying everything and attacking the Food Babe for demanding scientific transparency. (Hilariously, Folta is rapidly becoming known as "Monsanto's douchebag" #KevinFoltaMonsantoDouchebag)

You can also tweet the Univ. of Florida which is serving as a Monsanto front for academic shills. Tweet to @UF or see twitter.com/UF. Do you think taxpayer money should be used by the university to pay the salaries of sellout scientists?

The puppetmasters of academia EXPOSED
                    Kevin Folta is just one among many Monsanto mafia members, and a new article called "The Puppetmasters of Academia (or What the NY Times Left out)" lists even more.

This new article, published on IndependentScienceNews.org, reveals an expanded list of other "Monsanto mafia" members who are also part of the bought-and-paid-for Monsanto attack team. Their job? Viciously smear clean food activists -- Kevin Folta calls them "food terrorists" -- strong-arm federal regulators, and leverage the willing members of the mainstream media to print slanderous, defamatory and false accusations against anybody who opposes the quack corporate "science" being shoved down our throats by Monsanto (the most evil corporation in the world).

Here's the expanded list as covered in that Independent Science News article by Jonathan Latham, PhD:

Dr. Kevin Folta (University of Florida)
                    Click here for the secret email document dump of Kevin Folta.

Dr. Bruce M. Chassy (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign)
                    Click here for the secret email document dump of Bruce Chassy.

Dr. David Shaw (Mississippi State University)
                    Click here for the secret email document dump of David Shaw

Prof. Alan McHughen (University of California, Riverside)

Prof. Calestuous Juma (Harvard University)

Prof. Wayne Parrott (University of Georgia)

Prof. Roger Beachy (Danforth Center, formerly USAID)

Prof. Ron Herring (Cornell)

Prof. CS Prakash (Tuskegee University)

Prof. Nina Fedoroff (Penn State)

What follows is the introduction of the full article by Jonathan Latham, PhD. Click here for the full story.

The Puppetmasters of Academia (or What the NY Times Left out)
                    "Reading the emails make(s) me want to throw up" tweeted the Food Babe after reading a lengthy series of them posted online by the NY Times on Sept 5th. The emails in question result from a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request and are posted in the side bars of a front-page article by Times reporter Eric Lipton ("Food Industry Enlisted Academics in G.M.O. Lobbying War, Emails Show"). The article is highly disturbing, but, as the Food Babe implied, the Times buried the real story. The real scoop was not the perfidy and deceit of a handful of individual professors. Buried in the emails is proof positive of active collusion between the agribusiness and chemical industries, numerous and often prominent academics, PR companies, and key administrators of land grant universities for the purpose of promoting GMOs and pesticides. In particular, nowhere does the Times note that one of the chief colluders was none other than the President of the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS).

All this is omitted entirely, or buried in hard-to-notice side bars, which are anyway unavailable to print readers. So, here is the article Eric Lipton should have written.
                    Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/051114_Ke...#ixzz3lMpRIyE8

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/06/us...ef=topics&_r=0

(End of excerpt)

"I saw an angel in the marble and I carved until I set him free". ~~~Michelangelo

Comment

You won't get anywhere with the posters at CARM. The Americans, even some Christians, have a naturalistic, science-worshipping worldview, and the Europeans that post here whose countries have banned gmo's for OBVIOUS reasons, won't say a peep.

Good luck. You'll need it.

(End of excerpt)

Comment

Originally posted by JesusFreakToo View Post
                        Pictures of rats fed gmo's for a lifetime:

http://www.examiner.com/slideshow/gm...ts-with-tumors
                        Study was shown to use poor methodology and controls, invalidating the results (i.e we can't say that the GMOs and not something else caused the cancer). Not something that's mentioned much by the "GMOs cause cancer" guys.

"The academies' statement said: "Given the numerous gaps in methods and interpretation, the data presented in this article cannot challenge previous studies which have concluded that NK603 corn is harmless from the health point of view, as are, more generally, genetically modified plants that have been authorised for consumption by animals and humans." In withering terms, it dismissed the study as "a scientific non-event.""

Read more at http://www.snopes.com/food/tainted/m...j3kk7YM2GQl.99
                        Candles burning bright in the darkness, a little closer and you are warmed, closer still and you fear to see what is beyond. However, we must not avoid what the flame reveals, for often fear turns to wonder in the candle's light.

Comment

For health reasons, I try to eat as "naturally" as possible. I try to avoid things that are doctored or "manipulated", because the less doctored, the better I feel. (In other areas of nutrition, like additives/preservatives, etc.) I've nearly eliminated my daily migraines (I had one each day straight for like 6 months) by going ultra, crazy, obsessively healthy and natural. If given the chance, I'd choose non-GMO over GMO, but that's just to be on the safe side. I have no direct evidence or reason to believe GMO food would affect me negatively, I've just learned that natural is better for me and I err on the side of caution. I'm sure I do eat it sometimes, unaware.

I live my life the way I do because I must and for me its all about getting back to basics and the less doctored the better. But the world doesn't revolve around me. If GMO's can have a positive impact on the global world, then I support their existence and use. That being said, I also support being able to choose foods that aren't GMO with labeling if someone wants that choice. If someone wants to use GMO to make food work better for more people, I support them! If someone chooses not to eat GMO's for their own personal reasons, I will not judge them either.
                          Last edited by Feyaway; 09-10-15, 04:46 PM.
                          "Fear is the path to the dark side: fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering."
                          -Yoda

Comment

I'm fully aware of what the Monsanto prostitutes have said about the study.

Originally posted by wataru View Post
                            Study was shown to use poor methodology and controls, invalidating the results (i.e we can't say that the GMOs and not something else caused the cancer). Not something that's mentioned much by the "GMOs cause cancer" guys.

"The academies' statement said: "Given the numerous gaps in methods and interpretation, the data presented in this article cannot challenge previous studies which have concluded that NK603 corn is harmless from the health point of view, as are, more generally, genetically modified plants that have been authorised for consumption by animals and humans." In withering terms, it dismissed the study as "a scientific non-event.""

Read more at http://www.snopes.com/food/tainted/m...j3kk7YM2GQl.99

Comment

Originally posted by JesusFreakToo View Post
                              I'm fully aware of what the Monsanto prostitutes have said about the study.
                              And, attempting to discredit the issues with the study by claiming anyone who disagrees is a prostitute of Monsanto isn't really a valid debating topic. It's like saying that Jesus was a baby killer, and then denying pervectly valid objections and corrections by calling all those who come to the defense a prostitute for Jesus. It doesn't exactly engender honest discussion.

That said, are you saying that the anti-GMO group has no vested interests financial or otherwise in trying to maintain the study to be valid? Why can't the results be replicated in other studies?

Comment

Working...
                              X