Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

White Supremacist DC Rally was a Big Flop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White Supremacist DC Rally was a Big Flop

News reports show a few dozen participants, while counterprotesters numbered in the thousands.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/12/u...egion=top-news

Good!

Many of those White Supremacists were wearing MAGA hats, but their actual leader was in NJ at one of his golf courses.

Trump had issued a tweet in advance of this demonstration:

"The riots in Charlottesville a year ago resulted in senseless death and division. We must come together as a nation. I condemn all types of racism and acts of violence. Peace to ALL Americans!"

That tweet, issued in advance of a White Supremacy rally in front of the WH, does not contain a condemnation of White Supremacy. It is instead an echo of his comments after Charlottesville, in which he stated that there are "fine people on both sides", while there are actually no fine people who identify as Nazis or racists or White Supremacists.
    Reality rules, Honor the truth - in memory of Chem1st.

“Of all the problems which will have to be faced in the future, in my opinion, the most difficult will be those concerning the treatment of the inferior races of mankind.”
    Leonard Darwin

White supremacy was launched by Darwin. Trickle down racism. Darwinist Hitler wanted an Uber mensch. I condemn white supremacy peddled by Darwinists, Planned Parenthood and the left.

Comment

Originally posted by Nouveau View Post
      “Of all the problems which will have to be faced in the future, in my opinion, the most difficult will be those concerning the treatment of the inferior races of mankind.”
      Leonard Darwin

White supremacy was launched by Darwin. Trickle down racism. Darwinist Hitler wanted an Uber mensch. I condemn white supremacy peddled by Darwinists, Planned Parenthood and the left.
      So you oppose White Supremacy, and are upset that Trump is favorably disposed towards these people?
      Reality rules, Honor the truth - in memory of Chem1st.

Comment

Originally posted by vibise View Post
        News reports show a few dozen participants, while counterprotesters numbered in the thousands.

Good!

Many of those White Supremacists were wearing MAGA hats, but their actual leader was in NJ at one of his golf courses.

"The riots in Charlottesville a year ago resulted in senseless death and division. We must come together as a nation. I condemn all types of racism and acts of violence. Peace to ALL Americans!"

That tweet, issued in advance of a White Supremacy rally in front of the WH, does not contain a condemnation of White Supremacy. It is instead an echo of his comments after Charlottesville, in which he stated that there are "fine people on both sides", while there are actually no fine people who identify as Nazis or racists or White Supremacists.
        Good, no dead people this time. Probably some 'good people' in that crowd, I'm sure.
        A forum liberal
        "When you claimed black people were raped, wasn't that racist? I'd say so."

Comment

Originally posted by America
          ... and is now perpetuated by Oneness cultists living in their Moms' basements.
          Apparently you hate oneness. This thread is about white supremacistas. We had over 700 children and youth in Sunday School this morning and maybe only 200 of them were whites.
          We can get more children to Sunday School than your angry attack groups wearing hoods and covering their faces can get to a rally.

God is blessing His Church which causes America to be blessed.

Comment

Apparently you hate oneness. This thread is about white supremacistas. We had over 700 children and youth in Sunday School this morning and maybe only 200 of them were whites.
            We can get more children to Sunday School than your angry attack groups wearing hoods and covering their faces can get to a rally.

God is blessing His Church which causes America to be blessed.
            How many of the 500 non-white children were members of your wife's Indian family?

... always look on the bright side of life - Idle Cleese

Comment

that mus have made you very uncomfortable

brown stain

Comment

I've heard a number on the left giving the Metro flak for how they put the white supremacists into their own car, which is a highly bizarre criticism unless you are someone who wanted them and protestors to be placed in the confined close quarters of a rail car for who knows how long, together. I mean, the only thing I can think of is that such people actually wanted to see bloodshed - either injuries or even deaths. That's the only viewpoint I can think of that would make such a complaint in how things were handled - some on the left wanted a repeat of Charleston or worse, and are disappointed that it didn't turn out that way. Pretty sick.
                A forum liberal

Comment

Good!

White supremacy is racism...Trump's tweet condemned all types of racism. Which includes racism from liberals, eh.

As for the gathering, whatever it was supposed to be...what do you expect turnout-wise? People don't like them any more than the Antifa wackos.

You can be sure the NYT was disappointed nothing happened...but they still made their effort at race baiting and race hustling in their writing.

Comment

Originally posted by GondwanaLand View Post
                    I've heard a number on the left giving the Metro flak for how they put the white supremacists into their own car, which is a highly bizarre criticism unless you are someone who wanted them and protestors to be placed in the confined close quarters of a rail car for who knows how long, together. I mean, the only thing I can think of is that such people actually wanted to see bloodshed - either injuries or even deaths. That's the only viewpoint I can think of that would make such a complaint in how things were handled - some on the left wanted a repeat of Charleston or worse, and are disappointed that it didn't turn out that way. Pretty sick.
                    You didn't just make that up by any chance, did you?

Comment

Originally posted by DasBrille View Post

You didn't just make that up by any chance, did you?
                      No, did you just make up that accusation without engaging your brain?

https://www.vox.com/2018/8/12/176815...a-foggy-bottom
                      A forum liberal

Comment

Originally posted by somnia View Post

White supremacy is racism...Trump's tweet condemned all types of racism.
                        That's about as mealy mouthed as his condemning violence... on all sides... at Charlotesville. All he needed to do to say there were good racists on all sides to make it completely congruent.
                        Which includes racism from liberals, eh.
                        It's a dog whistle that he's got the backs of idiots who think racism against whites is as big a problem as other racism. You know, the section of the ******* whose votes he needs.
                        As for the gathering, whatever it was supposed to be...what do you expect turnout-wise?
                        I expected more that the truly pitiful turnout from the white supremicists. Some of whom showed up in masks. You know like the KKK used to do.
                        People don't like them any more than the Antifa wackos.
                        Dozens of the scum that the scumbag refuses to condemn by name showed up. Thousands of the people you call whackos showed up. The whackos outnumbered the scum by at least an order of magnitude.
                        You can be sure the NYT was disappointed nothing happened...
                        A disgusting idea that you have no basis for and simply made up. Shut it.
                        but they still made their effort at race baiting and race hustling in their writing.
                        Another baseless piece of garbage. Don't judge others by the standards of the filthy scum you support.

Comment

Good!

White supremacists have the right to their beliefs, and the right to hold rallies, and we should support them in those right.

And we should celebrate when they flop miserably, because white supremacism is a morally grotesque viewpoint.

Our nation, of course, embraces the right of people to hold morally grotesque views, to speak about those views (freedom of speech) and gather together (freedom to assemble) promoting those views. That doesn't mean we need to buy what they're selling.
                          "It is said that an argument is what convinces reasonable men and a proof is what it takes to convince even an unreasonable man." - Alex Vilenkin

Comment

Originally posted by somnia View Post

You can be sure the NYT was disappointed nothing happened...but they still made their effort at race baiting and race hustling in their writing.
                            Well, not sure about the NYT, but the largest transit union in DC seems to be rather disappointed, as do at least two council members (dems of course), who were mad that the white supremacists were put into their own car at their entry point and no one else was allowed on there..... the only logical assumption is they wanted protestors and the supremacists in the same enclosed space together in the hopes that bloodshed would occur. Very disturbing.
                            A forum liberal

Comment

Originally posted by GondwanaLand View Post

No, did you just make up that accusation without engaging your brain?

https://www.vox.com/2018/8/12/176815...a-foggy-bottom
                              Oh shut it. Just SHUT it.

Am I supposed to go and try to verify a claim that has nothing more than nothing more that "I have heard" as support?

And stop it with your moronic assertion that my belief that you just made it up has anything to do with my cerebral engagement.

I'm not going to accept what you say any more than I expect you to believe what you say on nothing more than "I have heard," DUH. Wanna make a claim that is not purely an opinion? SUPPORT IT. DUH. BLABBERMOUTH DUH.

Don't try this sort of crap with me. You are WAY out of your depth.

Comment

Working...
                              X