Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Trump's SCIF Room not a secure room.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump's SCIF Room not a secure room.

The SCIF is supposed to be a secure area; but with Trump setting the example with his unsecured phone; it seems anyone can walk into the SCIF free of the screening one would expect.

We already know Trump's admin is lousy on security; from hiring abusers to keeping people in position with only provisional security because they can't permanent clearance.

Trump is the boss and he sets the stage, all his cronies follow and America is less safe because of it.

Why Omarosa's secret recording is an alarm bell

The fact that the recording exists is shocking; that it allegedly happened in the most secure room in the White House -- known as a SCIF (Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility) -- would represent a violation of strict internal procedures prohibiting unsecure devices there. The goal of these rules, of course, is to ensure that no external devices can be used by foreign enemies or spy services to listen in or record sensitive information.
    The goal is to keep America safe.

If it happened the way Manigault Newman says it did, then it would appear that, in this White House, the enemy is within. And while, as a former government official in homeland security, I am unforgiving of Omarosa's deliberate action, no one should be surprised about it. After all, the reality show star -- hired by Trump and given entrée to the upper reaches of US government -- appears to have "qualified" for her job mainly because of her (until now) loyalty to him.
    From the beginning, President Trump has flouted safety and security protocols. And in his neglect in enforcing security culture, he has set the tone for the White House. What would deter the "troops" from simply following his lead?
    "Kids & Adults love Fairy Tale Ark exhibit" - Ken Ham

Originally posted by Promethean View Post
    The SCIF is supposed to be a secure area; but with Trump setting the example with his unsecured phone; it seems anyone can walk into the SCIF free of the screening one would expect.

We already know Trump's admin is lousy on security; from hiring abusers to keeping people in position with only provisional security because they can't permanent clearance.

Trump is the boss and he sets the stage, all his cronies follow and America is less safe because of it.

The fact that the recording exists is shocking; that it allegedly happened in the most secure room in the White House -- known as a SCIF (Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility) -- would represent a violation of strict internal procedures prohibiting unsecure devices there. The goal of these rules, of course, is to ensure that no external devices can be used by foreign enemies or spy services to listen in or record sensitive information.

If it happened the way Manigault Newman says it did, then it would appear that, in this White House, the enemy is within. And while, as a former government official in homeland security, I am unforgiving of Omarosa's deliberate action, no one should be surprised about it. After all, the reality show star -- hired by Trump and given entrée to the upper reaches of US government -- appears to have "qualified" for her job mainly because of her (until now) loyalty to him.
    From the beginning, President Trump has flouted safety and security protocols. And in his neglect in enforcing security culture, he has set the tone for the White House. What would deter the "troops" from simply following his lead?
    The Orange moron is ranting against Omarosa on Twitter but in his efforts to destroy her he reveals a lot about himself.

Wacky Omarosa, who got fired 3 times on the Apprentice, now got fired for the last time. She never made it, never will. She begged me for a job, tears in her eyes, I said Ok. People in the White House hated her. She was vicious, but not smart. I would rarely see her but heard....
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...96374174593025

...really bad things. Nasty to people & would constantly miss meetings & work. When Gen. Kelly came on board he told me she was a loser & nothing but problems. I told him to try working it out, if possible, because she only said GREAT things about me - until she got fired!
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...02242932834310
    So what the moron is telling us is that Omarosa was incompetent but because she was saying nice things about him; Trump insisted Kelly keep her.

What kind of pathetic, weak, low-self esteem loser hires someone because they were saying nice things?

Comment

This story is yet another in a long list of examples of Trumpanzees not caring about the country they claim to love. If making America great again allows for violations of top security protocols, then the people who defend the great orange ape ought to be brought up on charges of treason.
      Imagination is a very potent thing, and in the uneducated often usurps the place of genuine experience.

~ H.P. Lovecraft

Comment

Originally posted by America View Post
        This story is yet another in a long list of examples of Trumpanzees not caring about the country they claim to love. If making America great again allows for violations of top security protocols, then the people who defend the great orange ape ought to be brought up on charges of treason.
        She needs a job and you do too. You don't bad mouth your ex-employer if you want a job. Anybody hires her can see she will be trouble when she quits.

She is dishonest so that means she was a bi-partisan hire. He hired a Democrat.

Comment

I'm a little hesitant to criticize Trump for his administration's lax security, because I doubt that Hillary's would have been any better. She too was much more concerned about convenience than security.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrrho View Post
            I'm a little hesitant to criticize Trump for his administration's lax security, because I doubt that Hillary's would have been any better. She too was much more concerned about convenience than security.
            I doubt Hillary would've made an amateurish mistake like this.

Even if I'm wrong about that, she would have been surrounded by people who actually cared about white house security in general.
            Imagination is a very potent thing, and in the uneducated often usurps the place of genuine experience.

~ H.P. Lovecraft

Comment

Originally posted by Nouveau View Post

She needs a job and you do too. You don't bad mouth your ex-employer if you want a job. Anybody hires her can see she will be trouble when she quits.

She is dishonest so that means she was a bi-partisan hire. He hired a Democrat.
              It's getting pretty pathetic and boring. You've declared life-long republicans to be Democrats because they've criticized your Orange Skidmark.

You need a dance routine; this one is old and stale. We've seen it far too many times.

Comment

According to Trump.
                She was not smart. People hate her. She will never make it. She said nice things about me. HIRED.

Comment

I doubt Hillary would've made an amateurish mistake like this.

Even if I'm wrong about that, she would have been surrounded by people who actually cared about white house security in general.
                  She made a number of poor decisions about security, and she either overrode the objections of people around her, or surrounded herself with people who wouldn't object (or some of both).

Still, I have to admit it would have been a pretty low bar to be more security conscious than Trump.

Comment

I worked in SCIFs for 15 years.

The fact that there is little/no screening for people walking into a SCIF is 100% normal. I even spent 5 of those 15 years in an NSA Facility.

Put it point blank, the security at a SCIF is to keep people who aren't supposed to be in there, out of there. Keeping electronics out of the SCIF is largely the honor system. At the facility I worked at, cell phone violations were the most common violation, and most of those were inadvertent, and were caught when the phone went off.

The reality is, that it is actually VERY EASY to get a phone into a SCIF, if you are allowed in. The security is outward facing, not inward.
                    Last edited by robert4818; 08-13-18, 01:55 PM.
                    “I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.”
                    -Mahatma Gandhi quotes (Indian Philosopher, internationally esteemed for his doctrine of nonviolent protest, 1869-1948)

It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.
                    -Sherlock Holmes in A study in Scarlet

Comment

The SCIF is supposed to be a secure area...
                      True.

...the enemy is within.
                      Also true.

We should prosecute enemies like this obamarosa person.

“An atheist has to know a lot more than I know. An atheist is someone who knows there is no God.”
                      Carl Sagan

God is love.

Comment

According to Trump.
                        She was not smart. People hate her. She will never make it. She said nice things about me. HIRED.
                        She was a Democrat and not up to challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by Nouveau View Post
                          She was a [.. snip ..]
                          How's the job hunt coming along?

~ H.P. Lovecraft

Comment

Originally posted by robert4818 View Post
                            I worked in SCIFs for 15 years.

The fact that there is little/no screening for people walking into a SCIF is 100% normal. I even spent 5 of those 15 years in an NSA Facility.

Put it point blank, the security at a SCIF is to keep people who aren't supposed to be in there, out of there. Keeping electronics out of the SCIF is largely the honor system. At the facility I worked at, cell phone violations were the most common violation, and most of those were inadvertent, and were caught when the phone went off.
                            Or self-reported. I had to report myself once.

The reality is, that it is actually VERY EASY to get a phone into a SCIF, if you are allowed in. The security is outward facing, not inward.
                            True.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrrho View Post
                              Or self-reported. I had to report myself once.

True.
                              There is that. The ol "I forgot I had it on me" trick. Got so bad at our facility they offered RFID stickers like on DVD's and such, that people could put on their phones, and put the scanners before the turnstyles just to keep people from having the security violation.

Which all goes back to the concept of the fact that Omarosa could get her phone into a SCIF and secretly record is actually not at all surprising, and does not reflect on the president. Other actions can and do, but that one does not.
                              “I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.”
                              -Mahatma Gandhi quotes (Indian Philosopher, internationally esteemed for his doctrine of nonviolent protest, 1869-1948)

It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.
                              -Sherlock Holmes in A study in Scarlet

Comment

Working...
                              X