Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Psychology of Hell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cas07 View Post

He loves all of us, unconditionally. If you were the last human on earth, he would give his life for you.

It is indeed your choice. You don’t want to spend eternity Him, he’s not going to force you.
    That's totally irrelevant for all remarried divorcees who will be tossed into the lake of fire (Mark 10:11-12 Matt 5:27-30) along with compulsive-lying whoremongers such as Trump et al (Rev 21:8), even if they can't sail at over 30 knots per hour.

... always look on the bright side of life - Idle Cleese

Comment

• Bluemayskye View Post
      ... Matthew 13:42 They will throw them into the fiery furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth
      This threat is the core of the gospel. ...

n>Is that ("This threat is the core of the gospel.") from a source other than you? If so, please be so kind as to cite the source or link us. Thanks.
      Or is that your claim? If so, do you have reasons behind that claim? If you have reasons, would you care to give your top three? Thanks.
      If I have in any way offended any sensitive folks, kindly convey to those poor ones how sorry I am they read this. I apologize for wilting flowers and/or melting snow.

Originally posted by Bluemayskye View Post

Just 3? All right:
      1. Hell is what the gospel purportedly saves you from.
      2. When the gospel is criticized, some version of "what if you're wrong and end up in hell" is almost always used as an argument to accept it.
      3. Many christians with whom I have discussed the possibility of hell not existing confess the threat of hell is the only thing keeping them from doing horrible things.
      BTW, what are you hoping to accomplish with the whole insincere pandering thing?
      n>1) I sure hope this discussion does not push you to the edge and get you all upset like other times. I'd hate to be the cause of you getting nervous and extreme like before. If any of this starts to make you fret, just ignore my post, don't get all extreme, OK?
      2) If you're still engaged in this topic of your passage being, as you claim, "This threat is the core of the gospel"... if I understand you and have not made you angry again, tell me if I understand that you are basing your claim (that Mt 13:42 is "This threat is the core of the gospel") on your opinion. Your opinion, right? No? Did I upset you? Your above three reasons are only your opinion, right? You, a hater of God, the Bible and the Church have opined that Mt 13:42 is "This threat is the core of the gospel" Right?
      3) Does that seem honest and smart that you would base your claim on your opinion... the opinion of a hater? Has it ever occurred to you that for an outsider, an enemy, as the only authority to claim the core of anything, that it would be an actual strawman? Did that ever occur to you? For example: let's say X hates Oregon and Oregonians, let's say X claims this: "Oregon is the hottest, most humid, swampiest, infested with nothing but snakes and scorpions, most toxic place on Earth and only three idiots live there only because they can't find their way out." Do you think X's claim would be a respected idea? I hope that did not upset you and make you get extreme and do nasties. That would be very sad. If I hurt your feelings, I apologize, just don't get drastic, don't take drastic measures.
      4) I was hoping you had some well known authority -- or many -- to cite. Nope, you do not. Were those "many christians [sic]" what you'd consider great exegetes and hermeneutics of biblical passages? Does it upset you if I were to say I do not believe your claim about those alleged "christians [sic]" because that sounds very, very ... lame. Or you can bring some of those fake pals of yours here and we can discuss... unless they are also snowflakes.
      5) I was hoping you could show that the writer of your quotemyined cherry pick originally meant to convey that verse as if Mt 13:42 is "This threat is the core of the gospel". Nope you did not.
      Bottom line? Your analysis stinks and fails... so far. Keep trying. Don't give up.
      I hope that did not upset you and make you get extreme and do nasties. That would be very sad. If I hurt your feelings, I apologize, just don't get drastic, don't take drastic measures.
      Should I apologize for melting the snow or making folks cry or for shattering someone's reason for living? Lemme know.

Mouser Larry Roy: "yippee ki yay"
      “... see the loonies in their cages… are they not witty… how much amusement they afford… ours is a human world, theirs is a bestial world… " Bedlam

Comment

• Originally posted by noemail001 View Post
        Bluemayskye View Post
        ... Matthew 13:42 They will throw them into the fiery furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth

n>Is that ("This threat is the core of the gospel.") from a source other than you? If so, please be so kind as to cite the source or link us. Thanks.
        Or is that your claim? If so, do you have reasons behind that claim? If you have reasons, would you care to give your top three? Thanks.
        If I have in any way offended any sensitive folks, kindly convey to those poor ones how sorry I am they read this. I apologize for wilting flowers and/or melting snow.

n>1) I sure hope this discussion does not push you to the edge and get you all upset like other times. I'd hate to be the cause of you getting nervous and extreme like before. If any of this starts to make you fret, just ignore my post, don't get all extreme, OK?
        2) If you're still engaged in this topic of your passage being, as you claim, "This threat is the core of the gospel"... if I understand you and have not made you angry again, tell me if I understand that you are basing your claim (that Mt 13:42 is "This threat is the core of the gospel") on your opinion. Your opinion, right? No? Did I upset you? Your above three reasons are only your opinion, right? You, a hater of God, the Bible and the Church have opined that Mt 13:42 is "This threat is the core of the gospel" Right?
        3) Does that seem honest and smart that you would base your claim on your opinion... the opinion of a hater? Has it ever occurred to you that for an outsider, an enemy, as the only authority to claim the core of anything, that it would be an actual strawman? Did that ever occur to you? For example: let's say X hates Oregon and Oregonians, let's say X claims this: "Oregon is the hottest, most humid, swampiest, infested with nothing but snakes and scorpions, most toxic place on Earth and only three idiots live there only because they can't find their way out." Do you think X's claim would be a respected idea? I hope that did not upset you and make you get extreme and do nasties. That would be very sad. If I hurt your feelings, I apologize, just don't get drastic, don't take drastic measures.
        4) I was hoping you had some well known authority -- or many -- to cite. Nope, you do not. Were those "many christians [sic]" what you'd consider great exegetes and hermeneutics of biblical passages? Does it upset you if I were to say I do not believe your claim about those alleged "christians [sic]" because that sounds very, very ... lame. Or you can bring some of those fake pals of yours here and we can discuss... unless they are also snowflakes.
        5) I was hoping you could show that the writer of your quotemyined cherry pick originally meant to convey that verse as if Mt 13:42 is "This threat is the core of the gospel". Nope you did not.
        Bottom line? Your analysis stinks and fails... so far. Keep trying. Don't give up.
        I hope that did not upset you and make you get extreme and do nasties. That would be very sad. If I hurt your feelings, I apologize, just don't get drastic, don't take drastic measures.
        Should I apologize for melting the snow or making folks cry or for shattering someone's reason for living? Lemme know.

You sure spent a lot of words avoiding an actual response. If you would like to continue having this conversation, please become a part of it.
        Last edited by Bluemayskye; 10-19-18, 11:37 AM.
        Salvation belongs to God

Comment

• Bluemayskye View Post

Just 3? All right:
          2. When the gospel is criticized, some version of "what if you're wrong and end up in hell" is almost always used as an argument to accept it.
          3. Many christians with whom I have discussed the possibility of hell not existing confess the threat of hell is the only thing keeping them from doing horrible things.
          BTW, what are you hoping to accomplish with the whole insincere pandering thing?

You sure spent a lot of words avoiding an actual response. If you would like to continue having this conversation, please become a part of it.
          n>It's so sad to watch snow melting and running down into the black drain. Maybe that'll teach you not to attack the Bible. Melting, melting, melting in the hot furnace and flames.
          Mouser Larry Roy: "yippee ki yay"
          “... see the loonies in their cages… are they not witty… how much amusement they afford… ours is a human world, theirs is a bestial world… " Bedlam

Comment

• Originally posted by noemail001 View Post
            Bluemayskye View Post

Just 3? All right:

n>It's so sad to watch snow melting and running down into the black drain. Maybe that'll teach you not to attack the Bible. Melting, melting, melting in the hot furnace and flames.
            Is this another one of those fire and brimstone threats from the god of love?
            Salvation belongs to God

Comment

Working...
            X