Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Man forced to resign over legal hunt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man forced to resign over legal hunt

https://www.theblaze.com/news/2018/1...an-trophy-hunt

so he goes on an African game hunt, and takes his picture with a baboon family he killed, Thst was the big no no.

Though i I am sure many would have been outraged over the other animals too.

thoughts? Should he have been forced?

I personally donít see the draw of huntingís unless you are eating the animal or making your clothes with it or something. I find it distasteful, but don’t think someone should be fired.

Originally posted by Simpletruther View Post

so he goes on an African game hunt, and takes his picture with a baboon family he killed, Thst was the big no no.

I personally don’t see the draw of hunting’s unless you are eating the animal or making your clothes with it or something. I find it distasteful, but don’t think someone should be fired.
    This is an odd situation in which only the opinion of the Governor counts. The political calculation the Governor made could have involved any number of factors that we could never know. This is one of the many example where not having social media would be just what the doctor ordered.

Test all things; hold fast that which is good. --1 Thessalonians 5:21

Comment

I personally don’t see the draw of hunting’s unless you are eating the animal or making your clothes with it or something. I find it distasteful, but don’t think someone should be fired.
      Iím not sure about this situation. I read the news feed about this and apparently his comments about his hunting trip displayed an attitude not congruent with his paid position. Maybe his behavior was just in extremely poor taste considering his vocation?

Comment

Yes he should lose his job. Based on the types of animals he killed, coupled with his job title, he deserved it.

I grew up in Kansas and guns and hunting were a way of life. I was taught by my grandfather that we only shot what we needed. If we only needed a certain number of birds, we stopped when we hit that number. Even though he shot some very large deer that had huge racks, you never saw one on the wall. Hunting was used to provide food for the family. Period. I taught my daughter and son the same way. I'm now watching my grandson's being taught the same way.

Comment

I personally donít see the draw of huntingís unless you are eating the animal or making your clothes with it or something. I find it distasteful, but donít think someone should be fired.
          "We the people of the United Stated of America" Murder Babies by the Box lot for our own convenience , but consider it legal and "moral", but get "enraged" by a few dead monkeys????!!!

What Hope is there for the country???

Comment

I personally donít see the draw of huntingís unless you are eating the animal or making your clothes with it or something. I find it distasteful, but donít think someone should be fired.
            I would expect someone in his job to be a hunter, and to follow the rules.

I support hunting for food, and to reduce over population.

Even baboons may need to be culled, to protect the environment.
            I'm sure there is much varmint hunting in Idaho, which is not for food.
            Even wild horses need to be culled.

No, he shouldn't have been fired if what he did was legal.

Comment

Originally posted by Hal View Post

valid points.

Comment

Didn't we have an article about a man firing his assistant because he was too attracted to her and wanted to keep his marriage healthy?

Most of the conservatives here were saying he should be allowed to fire her with or without a reason, just because it is his choice who he wants to hire, if I'm not mistaken.

I really disliked the fact he'd fire a woman because he found her attractive, but thought it was his right to choose the team he wants to surround himself with. In other words, I disagree with this choice ethically, but believe he should have the RIGHT to make that choice.

I feel somewhat similar here.

'People who hunt baboons for sport' isn't a protected class. The employers should be able to hire and fire as they see fit. I don't really disagree with the employers for firing him.

If you post your killings on social media, don't be surprised if someone dislikes it. :/

If someone killed a bunch of puppies for sport, I probably wouldn't want them in my office either.
                "Fear is the path to the dark side: fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering."
                -Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by SimpleMan View Post

Yes he should lose his job. Based on the types of animals he killed, coupled with his job title, he deserved it.

I grew up in Kansas and guns and hunting were a way of life. I was taught by my grandfather that we only shot what we needed. If we only needed a certain number of birds, we stopped when we hit that number. Even though he shot some very large deer that had huge racks, you never saw one on the wall. Hunting was used to provide food for the family. Period. I taught my daughter and son the same way. I'm now watching my grandson's being taught the same way.
                  I get the idea also being a native Kansan, we applied the same rule. But the issue here is managing the wildlife population not providing food for the table. If we lived in the Kansas Territory in 1870 and there was an infestation of coyotes that presented a significant hazard to life and property, the issue there would not be putting food on the table either. In that case you might be shooting coyotes specifically for the bounty.

Comment

Originally posted by Feyaway View Post

Didn't we have an article about a man firing his assistant because he was too attracted to her and wanted to keep his marriage healthy?

Most of the conservatives here were saying he should be allowed to fire her with or without a reason, just because it is his choice who he wants to hire, if I'm not mistaken.

I really disliked the fact he'd fire a woman because he found her attractive, but thought it was his right to choose the team he wants to surround himself with. In other words, I disagree with this choice ethically, but believe he should have the RIGHT to make that choice.

I feel somewhat similar here.

'People who hunt baboons for sport' isn't a protected class. The employers should be able to hire and fire as they see fit. I don't really disagree with the employers for firing him.

If you post your killings on social media, don't be surprised if someone dislikes it. :/

If someone killed a bunch of puppies for sport, I probably wouldn't want them in my office either.
                    Your posts are always very well reasoned.

Comment

Originally posted by Thistle View Post

I get the idea also being a native Kansan, we applied the same rule. But the issue here is managing the wildlife population not providing food for the table. If we lived in the Kansas Territory in 1870 and there was an infestation of coyotes that presented a significant hazard to life and property, the issue there would not be putting food on the table either. In that case you might be shooting coyotes specifically for the bounty.
                      Do you really think he was helping manage their wildlife population? Not a chance. He was trophy hunting so he could brag that he killed a giraffe and monkeys.
                      It was despicable behavior.

Comment

Originally posted by Hal View Post

What about the woman who was fired by her boss for being too attractive? A dentist or doctor or someone (male) fired his assistant (female) because he was too attracted to her and was scared it could get in the way of his marriage. He fired her. She hadn't done anything inappropriate. Liberals defended the woman's right to maintain her job and criticized the man for firing her with no good reason. They argued it shouldn't have been legal for him to fire her.

Should she have been able to keep her job too?

Link: Iowa Woman Fired for Being Attractive
                        "Fear is the path to the dark side: fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering."
                        -Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by Thistle View Post

Your posts are always very well reasoned.
                          Well, thanks!
                          -Yoda

Comment

I heard about that. Why on earth would anyone want to kill a baboon family?

I recently bought a Henry 45-70 rifle. It would bring down an elephant, but I only kill targets like watermelons.

Comment

Originally posted by SimpleMan View Post

Do you really think he was helping manage their wildlife population? Not a chance. He was trophy hunting so he could brag that he killed a giraffe and monkeys.
                              It was despicable behavior.
                              Generally, I think I disagree with where you end up on this, but I very much appreciate your sentiment. I don't much care to eat veal out of a similar sentiment.

Comment

Working...
                              X