Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

What Are The Democrats Really Saying About The Caravan?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What Are The Democrats Really Saying About The Caravan?

    What Are The Democrats Really Saying About The Caravan?

    Well, if these people are fleeing the economic catastrophe of Central American Socialism, then I suppose the Democrats are saying that America should offer asylum from Socialism? So you have to ask . . . are they really wrong?
    Last edited by Thistle; 11-08-18, 07:46 PM.


    Test all things; hold fast that which is good. --1 Thessalonians 5:21

  • #2
    Based on reports of tyranny, oppression and injustice in Cheetostan, I expected a huge exodus event leaving 'merica.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Nouveau View Post
      Based on reports of tyranny, oppression and injustice in Cheetostan, I expected a huge exodus event leaving 'merica.
      Perhaps the caravan is coming to help illegal immigrants who are held her in American tyranny against their will . . . a rescue mission if you will. That is an interesting thought.


      Test all things; hold fast that which is good. --1 Thessalonians 5:21

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Thistle View Post
        What Are The Democrats Really Saying About The Caravan?

        Well, if these people are fleeing the economic catastrophe of Central American Socialism, then I suppose the Democrats are saying that America should offer asylum from Socialism? So you have to ask . . . are they really wrong?
        We went to a rally for Andrew Gillam last week. We weren't there for the rally, but for the free Jimmy Buffett concert afterward, and sitting through 90 minutes of hate was just the price we had to pay.

        Literally everybody on the ballot for state offices spoke, each one more unhinged than the last. One of the undercard candidates admitted from the state that the reason they want to restore voting rights to felons is that felons tend to vote for Democrats. Same with the illegal aliens. They couldn't care less whether or not they're here for a "better life" or "fleeing" this or that. They just want them for the votes.

        Buffett was great, by the way.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Thistle View Post
          What Are The Democrats Really Saying About The Caravan?

          Well, if these people are fleeing the economic catastrophe of Central American Socialism, then I suppose the Democrats are saying that America should offer asylum from Socialism? So you have to ask . . . are they really wrong?
          There was a report on CBS where an embedded reporter was describing being in the caravan. He said he interviewed participants and some claimed to be escaping "domestic abuse" and "sexual abuse". After he said this he seemed to realize how stupid that sounded, so he quickly mumbled into another subject. Then he said they were escaping the high murder rate in San Pedro. That again sounds stupid. If I wanted to leave the high murder rate in Chicago, I need not travel four countries away to escape it. I could move to Evanston, Naperville or Joliet - not caravan off to Ecuador.

          I realize the caravan is a mixed bag of motivations and some of the people are truly escaping a dangerous situation. However, I suspect the ones who are not satisfied until they reach the U.S. border are probably more concerned with economics than with crime.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Florida Angler View Post

            We went to a rally for Andrew Gillam last week. We weren't there for the rally, but for the free Jimmy Buffett concert afterward, and sitting through 90 minutes of hate was just the price we had to pay.

            Literally everybody on the ballot for state offices spoke, each one more unhinged than the last. One of the undercard candidates admitted from the state that the reason they want to restore voting rights to felons is that felons tend to vote for Democrats. Same with the illegal aliens. They couldn't care less whether or not they're here for a "better life" or "fleeing" this or that. They just want them for the votes.

            Buffett was great, by the way.
            And in support of that idea just think about the approach Democrats take when the immigration is Cuban, where they are almost certain to vote overwhelmingly Republican. They shipped Elián González back to Cuba to be turned into a proper Communist, and it worked too.


            Test all things; hold fast that which is good. --1 Thessalonians 5:21

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Ronson View Post

              There was a report on CBS where an embedded reporter was describing being in the caravan. He said he interviewed participants and some claimed to be escaping "domestic abuse" and "sexual abuse". After he said this he seemed to realize how stupid that sounded, so he quickly mumbled into another subject. Then he said they were escaping the high murder rate in San Pedro. That again sounds stupid. If I wanted to leave the high murder rate in Chicago, I need not travel four countries away to escape it. I could move to Evanston, Naperville or Joliet - not caravan off to Ecuador.

              I realize the caravan is a mixed bag of motivations and some of the people are truly escaping a dangerous situation. However, I suspect the ones who are not satisfied until they reach the U.S. border are probably more concerned with economics than with crime.
              Obviously, you are exactly correct. In fact in Chicago you could move to the Loop or practically anywhere on the North side or the near West side. I lived in the loop for several years, and was perfectly safe. The vast majority of those shootings are limited to about two precincts.

              But to your main point, they are in Mexico. If they were fleeing their home countries . . . mission accomplished.


              Test all things; hold fast that which is good. --1 Thessalonians 5:21

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Thistle View Post
                What Are The Democrats Really Saying About The Caravan?

                Well, if these people are fleeing the economic catastrophe of Central American Socialism, then I suppose the Democrats are saying that America should offer asylum from Socialism? So you have to ask . . . are they really wrong?
                Honduras is not socialist

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by backup View Post

                  Honduras is not socialist
                  Of course you would say that. You are working to depose Trump just like Honduras deposed Manuel Zelaya in the 2009 military in a coup d’état.


                  Test all things; hold fast that which is good. --1 Thessalonians 5:21

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Thistle View Post

                    Of course you would say that. You are working to depose Trump just like Honduras deposed Manuel Zelaya in the 2009 military in a coup d’état.
                    Um, no.

                    I’m saying it because it is an objective fact.

                    we all know how you people tend to blend all your boogeymen together

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Thistle View Post
                      What Are The Democrats Really Saying About The Caravan?

                      Well, if these people are fleeing the economic catastrophe of Central American Socialism, then I suppose the Democrats are saying that America should offer asylum from Socialism? So you have to ask . . . are they really wrong?
                      Encouraging the backups of the world to flee President Trumps socialism-communism-fascism-authoritarianism-babyism is surely what liberal democrats need to do.

                      May I recommend Haiti.

                      They can clean up and live in a tropical paradise. Win-win!

                      Those people better come up with something better than Uncle Juan was touching my boobies.
                      “An atheist has to know a lot more than I know. An atheist is someone who knows there is no God.”
                      Carl Sagan

                      God is love.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        The thing is, when I go abroad soon, why do I need to present a passport if migrants dont, and why cant I stay in the country I go to if migrants can? why all the rules for me and not for others? where is the diversity and equality?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by backup View Post

                          Um, no.

                          I’m saying it because it is an objective fact.

                          we all know how you people tend to blend all your boogeymen together
                          The objective fact is that Honduras regime is a leftist government installed in a leftist coup d’état.


                          Test all things; hold fast that which is good. --1 Thessalonians 5:21

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by brightmorningstar View Post
                            The thing is, when I go abroad soon, why do I need to present a passport if migrants dont, and why cant I stay in the country I go to if migrants can? why all the rules for me and not for others? where is the diversity and equality?
                            Being a citizen an all, you are kind of suspect. For all they know you could have been a Trump voter.


                            Test all things; hold fast that which is good. --1 Thessalonians 5:21

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Thistle View Post
                              What Are The Democrats Really Saying About The Caravan?

                              Well, if these people are fleeing the economic catastrophe of Central American Socialism, then I suppose the Democrats are saying that America should offer asylum from Socialism? So you have to ask . . . are they really wrong?
                              It’s interesting to hear/see past videos of prominent Dems railing against illegal immigration, and then listen to Dems today
                              ********
                              cassie
                              ********
                              Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

                              Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

                              for today, for this moment... it is well with my soul.

                              as long as there is life, there is hope.

                              what unites us is stronger than what divides us...

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X