Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Christian persecution worldwide.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nouveau View Post

Yahweh is watching you.
    Oneness worship false gods; gods of their own making. Not Yahweh.

Comment

• Originally posted by joyous song View Post

Did I call myself Christian? And where did I define it?
      Okay, you aren't a Christian then. That still doesn't change the fact that the OT is part of the Christian religion.
      "All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit." - Thomas Paine - THE AGE OF REASON

Comment

• Originally posted by Treeplanter View Post

That's not an answer to my question...
        Yes, it is.

I asserted that I am in favor of eradicating Christianity, but only by means of reasoning with words

You told me this is wimpy and feckless and ineffectual, in fact, you criticized me for these very reasons!

Now, in this thread, you seem to be criticizing the physical eradication of Christianity through the murder of Christians

What gives?
        I thought you respected a physical eradication, admiring the decided lack of wimpiness, fecklessness, and ineffectuality?
        Go ahead with your physical eradication plan tough guy, see how far you get.

We already can see your success at your "bloviation" plan, hardly worth noting. I don't think you can even bloviate Christianity out of your own family, fella.
        “An atheist has to know a lot more than I know. An atheist is someone who knows there is no God.”
        Carl Sagan

God is love.

Comment

• Originally posted by JamesTheLesser View Post

Yes, it is.

Go ahead with your physical eradication plan tough guy, see how far you get.

We already can see your success at your "bloviation" plan, hardly worth noting. I don't think you can even bloviate Christianity out of your own family, fella.
          I have no physical eradication plan
          I am vehemently opposed to physical eradication plans
          Have you not been following along?

I desire the eradication of a specific belief, but only by reasoning through words with those who hold this belief

Of course, this is wimpy and feckless and ineffectual - according to you!

So what gives with YOUR opposition to eradication through physical means?

After all, physical eradication is anything but wimpy and feckless and ineffectual

What exactly would YOU do if you were desiring to eradicate what you believe to be a harmful belief held by others?
          You wouldn't bother to reason with them through words because that is wimpy and feckless and ineffectual, right?
          So what is left?
          Would you use physical force to disabuse them of their beliefs?

Comment

• Originally posted by bob1 View Post
            Okay, you aren't a Christian then. That still doesn't change the fact that the OT is part of the Christian religion.
            Your argument is based on telling people that Christianity isnt what the Biblical testimony describes. This is remarkable from someone who doesn't even believe the Biblical testimony; but typical of the imaginary progressive ideology of today.
            Regarding the violence in the OT, without going into detail, Christians follow Christ who has fulfilled the OT law and prophets. Christ has made the way to redeem all who choose to believe and have faith in Him to salvation and glory and by having faith to seek to manifest God's Kingdom purposes on earth, which is to love one another. Now this is stated in the NT but progressives (ie H_P) are unwilling to acknowledge it and use it against those who do acknowledge it.
            Therefore Hitler, though he may have claimed to be Christian, lived almost completely opposed to Christ and God's Kingdom. Mao and Stalin on the other hand, were atheists and were responsible for the death of millions more than Hitler.

The strange thing about the progressive position is, that if one sees the OT/NT progression one sees death to life, whereas if one takes the Islamic abrogation it appears the other way round, yet progressives usually deny the Christian witness and deny the Islamic one as well.

Comment

I have no physical eradication plan
              I am vehemently opposed to physical eradication plans

Have you not been following along?
              I desire the eradication of a specific belief, but only by reasoning through words with those who hold this belief

Of course, this is wimpy and feckless and ineffectual - according to you!

So what gives with YOUR opposition to eradication through physical means?

After all, physical eradication is anything but wimpy and feckless and ineffectual

What exactly would YOU do if you were desiring to eradicate what you believe to be a harmful belief held by others?
              You wouldn't bother to reason with them through words because that is wimpy and feckless and ineffectual, right?
              So what is left?
              Would you use physical force to disabuse them of their beliefs?
              Ya ok, I get that you do your forum arguing thing, going around telling everyone you think God immoral and a monster.

Any other thing you got going with your eradication plan? Pot lucks? Meetings?
              “An atheist has to know a lot more than I know. An atheist is someone who knows there is no God.”
              Carl Sagan

God is love.

Comment

Ya ok, I get that you do your forum arguing thing, going around telling everyone you think God immoral and a monster.

Any other thing you got going with your eradication plan? Pot lucks? Meetings?
                And still, nothing from James!

We have already established that my ONLY modus operandi is reasoning through words

You think this is wimpy and feckless and ineffectual, but you also seem to be criticizing attempts at the physical eradication of harmful beliefs...

So, I will ask again, what do you suggest?

Comment

And still, nothing from James!

We have already established that my ONLY modus operandi is reasoning through words

You think this is wimpy and feckless and ineffectual, but you also seem to be criticizing attempts at the physical eradication of harmful beliefs...

So, I will ask again, what do you suggest?
                  I suggest you work on your "reasoning" skillz. I take it you haven't had any success, since you don't claim any. Except for maybe your poor children, who surely must tow daddies line. Poor kids.
                  Carl Sagan

God is love.

Comment

• Originally posted by brightmorningstar View Post

Your argument is based on telling people that Christianity isnt what the Biblical testimony describes. This is remarkable from someone who doesn't even believe the Biblical testimony; but typical of the imaginary progressive ideology of today.
                    Regarding the violence in the OT, without going into detail, Christians follow Christ who has fulfilled the OT law and prophets. Christ has made the way to redeem all who choose to believe and have faith in Him to salvation and glory and by having faith to seek to manifest God's Kingdom purposes on earth, which is to love one another. Now this is stated in the NT but progressives (ie H_P) are unwilling to acknowledge it and use it against those who do acknowledge it.
                    Therefore Hitler, though he may have claimed to be Christian, lived almost completely opposed to Christ and God's Kingdom. Mao and Stalin on the other hand, were atheists and were responsible for the death of millions more than Hitler.

The strange thing about the progressive position is, that if one sees the OT/NT progression one sees death to life, whereas if one takes the Islamic abrogation it appears the other way round, yet progressives usually deny the Christian witness and deny the Islamic one as well.
                    What you offer is just Christian song and dance to cover up for the unpleasant and morally questionable parts of their bible. The fact remains that the OT is part of the Christian bible and Christians regularly cite or quote from it. It is a part of Christianity, plain and simple.
                    "All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit." - Thomas Paine - THE AGE OF REASON

Comment

What you offer is just Christian song and dance to cover up for the unpleasant and morally questionable parts of their bible. The fact remains that the OT is part of the Christian bible and Christians regularly cite or quote from it. It is a part of Christianity, plain and simple.
                      We know atheist history very well. Stalin will be remembered.

You have never found any commands in scripture that are morally questionable. Atheists have no foundation of right and wrong. Weinsten is just another glob of cells according to the warped PP kult.

Sin. When misc unionbobs defend fornications that means they like sin.

Comment

What you offer is just Christian song and dance to cover up for the unpleasant and morally questionable parts of their bible. The fact remains that the OT is part of the Christian bible and Christians regularly cite or quote from it.
                        And it says right in that book that it's the covenant made with Israel.

And that "The time is coming" says the Lord, " when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah. It will not be like the covenant I made with their fathers in the day I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt...."

[
                        It is a part of Christianity, plain and simple.
                        Life is a waterfall
                        we drink from the river
                        then we turn around and put up our walls....(SOAD)

Comment

I suggest you work on your "reasoning" skillz. I take it you haven't had any success, since you don't claim any. Except for maybe your poor children, who surely must tow daddies line. Poor kids.
                          Whether I am successful in eradicating Christianity by reasoning through words or not is irrelevant!

Bottom line is that you have claimed that an attempt at eradication through reasoning with words is wimpy and feckless and ineffectual, but you have also suggested that an attempt at eradication through physical means leaves something to be desired

By what means shall we work towards the eradication of harmful ideas???

How many times must I ask you?

If words won't cut it and actions won't cut it - what will???

Could it be that you painted yourself into a corner from which there is no graceful escape???

Yep, I think so!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nouveau View Post

We know atheist history very well. Stalin will be remembered.

You have never found any commands in scripture that are morally questionable. Atheists have no foundation of right and wrong. Weinsten is just another glob of cells according to the warped PP kult.

Sin. When misc unionbobs defend fornications that means they like sin.
                            Stalin is irrelevant to atheism.

Massacring people is pretty immoral... so is selling your daughters... as well as stoning unruly children.

Weinstein is irrelevant.

Nothing wrong with consenting adults having sex before marriage. Your bronze-age cult is outdated.

Comment

• Originally posted by joyous song View Post

And it says right in that book that it's the covenant made with Israel.

And that "The time is coming" says the Lord, " when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah. It will not be like the covenant I made with their fathers in the day I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt...."

[
                              And yet it's still part of Christianity. Christians still cite from it and quote it. They still wave around various OT laws (while simultaneously ignoring other OT laws).

Comment

Whether I am successful in eradicating Christianity by reasoning through words or not is irrelevant!

Bottom line is that you have claimed that an attempt at eradication through reasoning with words is wimpy and feckless and ineffectual, but you have also suggested that an attempt at eradication through physical means leaves something to be desired

By what means shall we work towards the eradication of harmful ideas???

How many times must I ask you?

If words won't cut it and actions won't cut it - what will???

Could it be that you painted yourself into a corner from which there is no graceful escape???

Yep, I think so!!!
                                Good heavens man, do you need direction for everything in your life?

I've already told you what you should do, pretending I didn't is odd.

By all means, walk around telling everyone you want to "eradicate" them. Just learn some hai karate or something, you may need it, be careful how you use it.

There is no advice I can give you for your harmful ideas. I'll just let you suffer for them. Who knows, maybe you will learn?
                                Carl Sagan

God is love.

Comment

Working...
                                X