Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Why would Christians want LGBTQ people removed from an anti lynching bill?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why would Christians want LGBTQ people removed from an anti lynching bill?

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-...g-bill-n956831

To be fair. They have no problem with the anti lynching bill its self. They simply want to make sure that LGBTQ people are excluded from its protections.

Can anyone give me a civilized reason why this might be the case? I mean this isnt even biblical. After all, arent you supposed to stone gays to death anyways instead of lynching them?

There have been thousands of Gods through out human history. But dont worry! YOUR god is the right one.

Originally posted by Nitso View Post

To be fair. They have no problem with the anti lynching bill its self. They simply want to make sure that LGBTQ people are excluded from its protections.

Can anyone give me a civilized reason why this might be the case? I mean this isnt even biblical. After all, arent you supposed to stone gays to death anyways instead of lynching them?

So you think that all future laws need to explicitly state that LGBTQ are included otherwise it could be construed that the law doesnt apply to them? I have to be really careful not to get myself banned here
    "Now, what is the Sacrament of the Altar!
    Answer: It is the true body and blood of our Lord Jesus Christ, in and under the bread and wine which we Christians are commanded by the Word of Christ to eat and to drink."

Martin Luther "The Large Cathechism"

Comment

Originally posted by ignatius View Post

So you think that all future laws need to explicitly state that LGBTQ are included otherwise it could be construed that the law doesnt apply to them? I have to be really careful not to get myself banned here
      Of course not.

But if a law just happened to include that wording, why bother to fight to get it removed? To what purpose? Why on earth would you come out and say "The bill is fine as long as you remove gays from the list of protected people" ?

There have been thousands of Gods through out human history. But dont worry! YOUR god is the right one.

Comment

I read a statement Liberty made about their reasoning;

It's not like they want it to be OK for them to be lynched. They just don't want undeserving (willful sinners) to benefit from any special legal protections. They look at it as a slippery slope -- putting 'protections' for willful sinners in this bill will build case law for additional protections for other undeserving sorts of persons.

These sinners shouldn't be protected from God's wrath (as being Christian entitles one to deliver). America was designed by the Founders to protect Christians from persecution and preserve their holy obligation to condemn sin.

Denying LGBTQ protections under this bill is more like an opportunity for Liberty to virtue signal to like-minded people that they are hard at work defending real Christians and America itself. They need donations, you see, which this announcement will surely bring in.

Comment

Well there's nothing in the actual definition of lynching that requires it to be hanging. It just happens that many lynchings of African americans were done with hanging.

Lynching is a premeditated extrajudicial killing by a group. It is most often used to characterize informal public executions by a mob in order to punish an alleged transgressor, or to intimidate a group.
          So stoning would still be an option if they so chose.
          A forum liberal
          "When you claimed black people were raped, wasn't that racist? I'd say so."

Comment

Not all future laws. Just laws defending people who, historically, have been lynched.

Comment

Originally posted by GondwanaLand View Post

So stoning would still be an option if they so chose.
              Yes, but humanely.

Comment

How can a Christian group see 'lgbt' people?? In Christ there is no male or female, slave or free or Sythian or Jew; certainly no identity based on a sexual preference that is contrary to God's creation. And yes lynching is a bias-motivated act of terror.

Comment

Originally posted by Kastewart View Post

Not all future laws. Just laws defending people who, historically, have been lynched.
                  How many LGBTQ lynchings have there been?
                  Answer: It is the true body and blood of our Lord Jesus Christ, in and under the bread and wine which we Christians are commanded by the Word of Christ to eat and to drink."

Comment

Of course not.

But if a law just happened to include that wording, why bother to fight to get it removed? To what purpose? Why on earth would you come out and say "The bill is fine as long as you remove gays from the list of protected people" ?

Because gays don't need special protection as laws should apply to everyone. Why not include people with red hair then? Or how about left handed people? This is just more hysterical leftist BS

Comment

Who knew lynching was legal? Somehow I have the sneaking suspicion that lynching was already illegal.

Test all things; hold fast that which is good. --1 Thessalonians 5:21

Comment

How many LGBTQ lynchings have there been?
                        Even one is too many. Ask Matthew Sheppard's parents. Or the relatives of the Pulse nightclub shooting victims.

Comment

Originally posted by Kastewart View Post

How many have historically been lynched?
                          One cannot and must not try to erase the past merely because it does not fit the present. Golda Meir
                          Fundies say the darndest things - simplicio

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

as long as there is life, there is hope.

what unites us is stronger than what divides us...

Comment

Right?!?
                            Originally posted by Thistle View Post

Who knew lynching was legal? Somehow I have the sneaking suspicion that lynching was already illegal.
                            One cannot and must not try to erase the past merely because it does not fit the present. Golda Meir
                            Fundies say the darndest things - simplicio

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

as long as there is life, there is hope.

what unites us is stronger than what divides us...

Comment

Originally posted by Tim H View Post

Even one is too many. Ask Matthew Sheppard's parents. Or the relatives of the Pulse nightclub shooting victims.
                              Again why do guys need special protection? The law is the law is the law. Leftist BS

Comment

Working...
                              X